Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Wonderstar

WX-78 not getting struck by lightning

Wonderstar    7

Or at least he gets struck by lightning with much less frequently compared to other characters.
For example when i was playing with Maxwell it happened to to get struck 2 times in two days,there was heavy raining of course with a bit of a break.

Its happened already 2--3 times when i died with wx78 due the raining. at the moment im doing adventure mode map 2,getting archipelago its day 10 and im struggling with raining there was no lightning..i also go due to this most of the times without stuff like the parasol and the umbrella..i read something about that umbrella prevents you from getting struck.
For my luck i was able to hunt down all the clockworks till now on both maps so i have some gears for treatment. Just wondering why it became so less frequently, he was strong character but not to nerf so much its hard like that.

What are you folks think about it? is it happening to you guys also?

post-302373-0-48912100-1394880395_thumb.

Warewolves    67

Well lightning only happens in the really heavy rain. And that rain doesn't actually occur that often, even in spring. Sure it rains, but it only heavily rains for a short time during that time.

Wonderstar    7

sure i know that,that is why i also mentioned that i am at game is afoot map at the moment at day 10,where is raining like every two days or more,sometimes its raining for almost 2 days in a row.

Warewolves    67

sure i know that,that is why i also mentioned that i am at archipelago map at the moment at day 10,where is raining like every two days or more,sometimes its raining for almost 2 days in a row.

Huh, ok I'm not sure about that. Try a new world and setting lightning to lots.

Wonderstar    7

Huh, ok I'm not sure about that. Try a new world and setting lightning to lots.

yes,for a survival map it would be good maybe i need to do further experiments with it,but world gen settings does not affect Adventure Mode maps

Warewolves    67

ok this getting worse, when im wearing the umbrella i still get damaged!

The umbrella only protects 90%. You need to have items that equal 100% protection, or get a rain coat.

Wonderstar    7

The umbrella only protects 90%. You need to have items that equal 100% protection, or get a rain coat.

its not about wetness,its not a threat for my gamestyle,but the rain damaging wx78 with the same amount of health even with wearing umbrella..i mean the damage should be less or having it much less frequently

MidrealmDM    102

its not about wetness,its not a threat for my gamestyle,but the rain damaging wx78 with the same amount of health even with wearing umbrella..i mean the damage should be less or having it much less frequently

Straw Hat + Umbrella works fine for 100% protection from water damage.

As far as Lightning strikes, I've been struck several times as WX with and without holding an umbrella

(one time I was struck a second time within one minute of the first strike)

That being said, since Reign of Giants, I dont get struck by lightning as much (as WX) in the fall anymore, only in the spring.

Wonderstar    7

Straw Hat + Umbrella works fine for 100% protection from water damage.

As far as Lightning strikes, I've been struck several times as WX with and without holding an umbrella

(one time I was struck a second time within one minute of the first strike)

That being said, since Reign of Giants, I dont get struck by lightning as much (as WX) in the fall anymore, only in the spring.

how about when you go into adventure mode, does it happen with the same frequently? for example i played through the "game is afoot" map where is constant rain and those damn frog appearing.I was playing it for around 10days, i had every items and stuff but without lightning strike :S

VelenoRosso    6

sure i know that,that is why i also mentioned that i am at archipelago map at the moment at day 10,where is raining like every two days or more,sometimes its raining for almost 2 days in a row.

adventure mode isn't exactly playble atm.wierd stuff happens there.

unless you're in for debugging i suggest keeping away from it