Dying creates a skeleton

With the adition of bone bits, skeletons are an important and scarce resource. I'm suggesting that if you die a skeleton is created in your place, possibly with the corresponding skull of the character. This way skeletons are renewable but costly (requiring to use meat efigies or life giving amulets) also standing near or hammering it should take a lot of sanity, you are canibalizing your own corpse after all.

Yep, but is should be a unique skeleton so when the character examines it, they say something like;

"I thought I was thinner than that"

"I left a lovely skeleton"

"Look, my old bones!"

"MY OLD PARTS"

"The osteoporosis followed sadly"

"Does that mean there are two of me?"

"Dapper, even in death"

smCh7Zi.jpg

Maybe they already had plans to use the skulls.

To my knowledge Wigfrid is the only one with any mention of webber's skull, or any type of skull.

I thought that would be for unlocking webber, otherwise I cant think of a way for a character to be in the same world where another character died (not counting Maxwell)

I thought that would be for unlocking webber, otherwise I cant think of a way for a character to be in the same world where another character died (not counting Maxwell)

Well the way i said what i thought made it sound like they were intending to use this skeleton system in the first place (my bad). 

But what you said is basically what i think it is for (though it could be cool to have character reactions to other character skulls

I think Meat Effigy's should require bone shards.

It's not like we magically get human bones out of pig flesh, not to mention, it's cooked.

come on give us a break not everyone is super bonafide pros like you don't make the game impossible like some ninja gaiden games from the nes dude!

I wouldn't mind breaking my skeleton for bone shards in the slightest. Heck, if I was desperate or bored enough I would go out of my way to kill myself to get a good amount of bone shards or just use my skeletons for scenery.

If you've seen the skeletons you would have seen them in several different poses such as the 'Khan!' pose or having them stuck upside down in the ground. Perhaps when you die a certain way your skeleton is arranged a certain way.

For instance: 

• If the Deerclops kills you, your skeleton is encased in a block of ice and you have to mine it out in order to break it with a hammer.
  • If the Dragonfly kills you, your skeleton will be charred and breaking it with a hammer would cause it to collapse into ashes.
  • If you accidentally blow yourself up with gunpowder or slurtle slime, your skeleton's parts are spread over a small area in a hilarious fashion.
  • If you eat any of the monster food and die as a result, your skeleton will have the monster food or rot near the skeleton while the skeleton looks like it has a bad case of indigestion.
  • If spiders kill you, your skeleton is covered in cobwebs and breaking it will drop a little silk and bone shards.

This would allow you to gain a little back from dying or just be for the heck of it

I wouldn't mind breaking my skeleton for bone shards in the slightest. Heck, if I was desperate or bored enough I would go out of my way to kill myself to get a good amount of bone shards or just use my skeletons for scenery.

If you've seen the skeletons you would have seen them in several different poses such as the 'Khan!' pose or having them stuck upside down in the ground. Perhaps when you die a certain way your skeleton is arranged a certain way.

For instance: 

• If the Deerclops kills you, your skeleton is encased in a block of ice and you have to mine it out in order to break it with a hammer.
  • If the Dragonfly kills you, your skeleton will be charred and breaking it with a hammer would cause it to collapse into ashes.
  • If you accidentally blow yourself up with gunpowder or slurtle slime, your skeleton's parts are spread over a small area in a hilarious fashion.
  • If you eat any of the monster food and die as a result, your skeleton will have the monster food or rot near the skeleton while the skeleton looks like it has a bad case of indigestion.
  • If spiders kill you, your skeleton is covered in cobwebs and breaking it will drop a little silk and bone shards.

This would allow you to gain a little back from dying or just be for the heck of it

And if Krampus kills you..Your corpse will have a nice bow on it.

Archived