Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Zalyn

Crock Pot making rot

Zalyn    69

My crock pot is turning out rot when it (probably) shouldn't be.

First, I set some Bacon and Eggs to cook and went away overnight.  When I came back, it was rot.  It sounded like food spoils at the normal rate in crock pots; in this case, this is a bug.

Later, I put 1 Eggplant (stale), 2 Honey, 1 Monster Meat for Honey Nuggets, and got rot as soon as it was done (I stayed in the vicinity of the crock this time). 2 more Honey Nuggets turned out fine (couldn't duplicate, as was out of stale Eggplant).

This could be one or two separate issues.  I will try to watch a crock pot next time it pops something up to see if it turns to rot overnight.

**Update: When I keep the crock pot within my screen, it seems to work fine.  But if I let it go offscreen while it is cooking, it will give me rot, even if I am onscreen when it finishes.

Version: 97796

SethR    1,229

Thanks for the report. It sounds like an issue with the spoiling and longupdate (i.e. how entities in the game are tracked when they've been off screen for a while). I'll look into it.

FrozenNote    1

Hello, I see this is quite an old thread but when I was googling my problem, this showed up.

And yep, I am having the same problem. All of a sudden my crock pot is making rot :(

I used up way too much meat on it already and I'm playing as Wigfrid, don't wanna risk again ._.

This happened both off-screen and on screen, standing right next to the pot. I closed my game for now.

Also on an unrelated topic I can't change my profile photo.

joeymofo    1

Same happening here. Sometimes i get the correct recipe , but sometimes i get rot.  This is also when using green items so they are not rotting themselves. First with meatballs then with honey ham. Hope its a bug and it gets fixed! 

Tamazacat    130

I had the same issue today. I used one fresh monster meat, one stale jerky and two fresh honeys = rot.

I think I'd gone off-screen for maybe 3 seconds, if that.

the truthseeker    1,560

If all of you are using Steam, could you Verify integrity of Game Cache? 

I had similar problems (as well as rain-related problems) before, and doing this seemed to help the "time passing glitch" aspect of the game. 

And if that fails, could somebody make a new game with RoG off and make sure that solves the issue? Pretty sure the issue is linked to the Add-on, but want to double check it's not mod-prompted for the Devs. 

the truthseeker    1,560

I hate to double post my own reply, but the "rot" is back. Sometimes the crock pot makes it just fine, but sometimes it makes the food which IMMEDIATELY turns to rot. it doesn't start as rot, but shows up as the crafted food, and turns to rot a half second later. Fresh to 1-day old ingredients are used. And if I let other unaffected successfully crafted and staying finished food  "sit" on the crock pot, it can convert to rot normally.

Is there any reason the timer randomly "expires" like this? I thought it was the rains, but this also happened AFTER the rains stopped, I waited for drying, and THEN made the food, and it happens. Or not. The same thing happens if it's dry in Autumn or Winter. or not.

I can't remember if this started happening again in Summer. 

Confused and stumped and on Standalone with the latest version. 

Kuldiin    32

I've been getting this a lot lately, especially during spring with RoG.

Combined three meats and a veg, rot.

Kuldiin    32

I've been getting this a lot lately, especially during spring with RoG.

Combined three meats and a veg, rot.

Sorry couldnt see how to edit my post.

Using the below mods, and playing with controller support (if that makes a difference)

Where's my Beefalo

Wormhole Marks

No Warning

Icefling Range Check

Display Food Values

Always on status

Auto Retrap

Henshaw    0

This started happening to me too, just an hour ago. I have played over 80 hours without a single problem, and now about 4 Taffe turned to rot in a row, also most recipes seem to produce rot instead of what they should, and not a single ingredient is even yellow.

Novacaine    0

I played a world on RoG with mods without a problem. I updated to the latest version (I'm also on standalone) and suddenly I'm getting a few problems, and this is one of them. Crockpot was onscreen, cooked using 100% fresh, as in I'd literally just gathered the meat from killing a beefalo, put them into the pot and bam, rot half a second after it finished cooking. It's happened a couple of times, but it seems random. Different spoilage on food items, different dishes, etc.

TemporaryMan    1,470

Ran into this bug a couple weeks ago (rev. 115739 WIN32_STEAM), and I began to suspect the food on the crockpot was spoiling on the schedule of items cooked previously on the same pot.  After looking at the source code I suspected stewercmp.inst:DoTaskInTime in stewer.lua on lines 33-37 and 156-160 might be to blame because it uses a timed event to spoil crockpot contents without any means of verifying that the crockpot has the same, original contents and not something new.

So I ran a little experiment.  Brand new world, new crockpots, new ingredients, no rain, all crockpots remain on screen the whole time, eliminate as many confounding variables as possible.  (Unfortunately I forgot to switch mods off: Wormhole Marks, FDDynamicStatusBarB, Refine Nitre, Auto ReTrap, Working signposts, Sort Inventory, Season Clock, More Map Icons, Minimap HUD.  None of these mods should have any effect on cookpots.)  The setup: pots #1, #2 and #3 cook meaty stew from the same stack of meat at the same time.  Pots #2 and #3 are harvested, and pots #2 and #4 then cook powder cakes.  On day 6, pot #3 cooks a second stew, which should outlast the original stew.  If everything behaves correctly, pot #1 spoils day 11, pot #3 spoils day 16, and pots #2 and #4 spoil day 18751.  Instead, pots #1-3 all spoiled on day 11, on schedule for their original contents, not their current contents.  Screenshots here: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Since then I have been able to avoid this bug by saving and quitting every 10 days.  stewer.lua only saves the spoilage time for items currently sitting on the crockpot, so any backlog of outdated spoilage events is lost.

Anyhow, hope this information including replicable circumstances and a probable cause is a help.  

Abenlen    44

Welcome to the forums and nicely reported, TemporaryMan.  I've had the rot issue myself a few times, so it is nice to know that quitting out can fix this issue.  Thanks!

TemporaryMan    1,470

Further examination shows dryer.lua doesn't have the same premature rot bug because dryer:Harvest cancels spoiltask (that's the task created by DoTaskInTime mentioned above), whereas stewer:Harvest does not.  I made a mod to cancel spoiltask when the crock pot is harvested, it's available both on Steam and the Klei website.  Screenshots from testing here: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

We all get a bugfix for Christmas, and Klei gets a simple, straightforward answer so there's one less thing they need to think about when they return from vacation.