(SPOILERS) A thread about "It" (Old Bell)

Actually I do not think there is any connection between the old bell (which isn't that hard to create after all) and spring giant. 

The color does not match, and they were not reptile the bigfoots are. 

Also the spring giant, in my opinion looks exactly like the Goose or meese or whatever fans are calling it we saw in the egg (It's the same creature). The spring poster does support that theory.

On the other hand, seeing both of the bigfoots legs, and the way it walks, implies that this creature is build  very similarly to the tallbirds. Just it's a LOT taller. But yeah two loooong legs, and small body up there. most likely no arms or wings, and head has to be merged with body. Otherwise it wouldn't have to balance it's walk like it does. 

You would be right there:

QuFJX4u.jpg - 'Bigfoot', summoned with Old Bell.

F0P0Vva.png- The Spring Giant's foot from the trailer.

I tried to clear out a hound nest with it. Didn't work as well as hoped. Turns out that if you're attacked before the full animation is played, the calling is cancelled. And there were a lot of dogs around to bite me.

I think that's one reason there's a pan flute by the statue.  You probably need to lure all the hounds out of the mounds, put them to sleep, and THEN call your leetle friend.

I think that's one reason there's a pan flute by the statue.  You probably need to lure all the hounds out of the mounds, put them to sleep, and THEN call your leetle friend.

I've thought that the placement of that pan flute is very intentional. It gets you past the first few seasonal giants when they're too powerful for you. Play the flute, ring the bell, you're done

I've thought that the placement of that pan flute is very intentional. It gets you past the first few seasonal giants when they're too powerful for you. Play the flute, ring the bell, you're done

I fear the other giants will fight differently than Deerclops, so it might be more complicated to catch them with the stomp. Even more so if the spring giant has minions.

I considering the damage it did to the guy in the video, I think it can one hit kill all but the Deerclops.

It does 1000 damage. So yes, it kills everything except bosses (Spider Queen, Treeguard, Deerclops). And Rock Lobsters, I guess.

I was so ready to fight this thing. I got all of my combat gear, went into the middle of my pig village, rang the bell, and... was immediately stepped on and died. Oh well. I alt-f4'd and did it again so I could get a better look at it, so things could be worse I guess.

Hate to double post, but they're completely different topics.

I found a couple practical applications for the Old Bell - Hound Mound and Tree chopping. Another couple options might be the Reed Field setpiece (Not sure if that would work) or a Tallfort. Perhaps a MacTusk camp if you're particularly unlucky.

Hate to double post, but they're completely different topics.

I found a couple practical applications for the Old Bell - Hound Mound and Tree chopping. Another couple options might be the Reed Field setpiece (Not sure if that would work) or a Tallfort. Perhaps a MacTusk camp if you're particularly unlucky.

Sleep Dart/Panflute + Deerclops + Bell might work.

Archived