What Do You Really Like in the DLC?

Sporb

There're a lot of topics critiquing the balance and some other aspects of Reign of Giants. Naturally! It's still in development. But, what things do you really enjoy? What's your favorite addition?

One of the things I'm really enjoying is the Maxwell biome/setpieces sprinkled throughout the map. It adds more variety to the world, and now I don't have to hunt through the entire map to find the one spot with gears and marble. Maybe the wooden thing will be less crowded too.

Also, a new torch is equipped automatically when an old one runs out! Okay, maybe that one was added earlier and I just didn't notice it, but it's still very convenient and I really like it.

I know these things I've mentioned aren't exactly New Content, but I've been wanting them for a while. And I'm still digesting the bigger stuff.

Each season is a challenge, where summer was just exploration before the DLC !

I hope there will be challenging content added to autumn with the incoming patch ! (But not too many, it's pretty cool having a more "relaxed" season, you can concentrate on establishing few more structures).

Can't wait for the patch :D

the weather mechanics

it adds more immersion into the game - being able to overheat in summer or when near a fire too long, getting soaking wet in rain that won't stop for days, etc. etc.

generally I just like how challenging it's become since I've been completely bored with the vanilla game since hitting day 400 in my camp

plus it's fun to try to recreate my survival tactics from scratch because of them

and the mole death sound obv

I like anything that adds more biomes to explore and see, and new lifeforms, especially those not super-deadly boss-like.  Cat coons were cool to see the first time (I had read no spoilers so didn't expect them.)  

I just got the DLC today but I want to say I relly like the fact that more set peices apear, since this game takes so long to play one might never of seen many of them in vanilla. I would love to see some new ones.

Also, although I am only on my first world it seems like the default world generation is much better, more diverse. The flower petal like generation of the biomes before got boring.

My favorite is that the world is more hostile and diverse (ie. bees and beefalo in spring, pig/merm set pieces, etc). Seems like there is a lot more going on and more hostile creatures are placed next to each other all over the map (ie. frog ponds and beehives).

Obviously the new creatures and such play a big part in this as well.

Archived