What's your personality type?

Snob

Wow, just started reading this

Everything is spot on

Spooky

This is a much longer (and more psych-jargony) profile of INTP: http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

Follow the bolded keywords in there if you're in a hurry, but do check the section on humor:

Humour is another aspect which marks out the INTP. He can readily dream up jokes about almost any situation. Taking things out of context is the chief source of humour and many an INTP is a Monty Pythonite. The Ne is the engine and source of this joke-generator. Needless to say, the humour of an INTP can be pretty zany and warped and may not be understood easily by others. The problem is that the Ne concepts for jokes are put into a structure only by the Ti. Hence, the humour can become black and tactless, having felt little Feeling input. Funnily enough, INTPs are dreadful tellers of jokes (which seems to be more the domain of those with Se), perhaps because they pay too little attention to detail when speaking spontaneously. If you see someone smirking and laughing at some private thought, without any obvious reason, he's probably an INTP. INTPs may however make good comedy writers, with the humour of Woody Allen being particularly liked.

I remember being made fun of in grade school because I laughed at all the "wrong" things and didn't find things funny that my friends did; I also remember that it was nearly impossible for me to explain why I found something funny to someone else because it was a long, twisted train of thought.  Ironically, I actually don't like Woody Allen's humor (I'm more of a satire person - i.e. Jon Stewart / Stephen Colbert).  Somehow, I manage to be quite funny nowadays, but only when riffing on something already said.

This is a much longer (and more psych-jargony) profile of INTP: http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

Follow the bolded keywords in there if you're in a hurry, but do check the section on humor:

I remember being made fun of in grade school because I laughed at all the "wrong" things and didn't find things funny that my friends did; I also remember that it was nearly impossible for me to explain why I found something funny to someone else because it was a long, twisted train of thought.  Ironically, I actually don't like Woody Allen's humor (I'm more of a satire person - i.e. Jon Stewart / Stephen Colbert).  Somehow, I manage to be quite funny nowadays, but only when riffing on something already said.

Honestly, when i took this i was convinced it would just be some stupid thing that didn't have any accuracy to it whatsoever. I was surprised at how it pointed out just about every single detail of how i thought, and some of my behaviors, (e.g. second-guessing yourself alot, having a warped sense of humour, etc.) 

ISTJ
Introvert(56%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(88%) Judging(11%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

Uhm... Pretty fair to me... 

I remember being made fun of in grade school because I laughed at all the "wrong" things and didn't find things funny that my friends did; I also remember that it was nearly impossible for me to explain why I found something funny to someone else because it was a long, twisted train of thought. Ironically, I actually don't like Woody Allen's humor (I'm more of a satire person - i.e. Jon Stewart / Stephen Colbert). Somehow, I manage to be quite funny nowadays, but only when riffing on something already said.

This is quite accurate in both a reassuring and scary way.

Snob thinks im the reason this is in off topic.

What??

No! This thread was always in the off-topic section! I have no idea what you're talking about.

I messaged you about derailing threads, because I thought you were trying too hard!

People tell me I'm funny just from my way of speaking. I can't describe things. Nothing at all. Not even cats, and cats are pretty funny.

Archived