So, Pyro is one of the new characters?

I think that this game don't need any more characters.

There is a lot of characters mods out there, why waste time on new characters?

Better add some new thing into the world.

Webber is confirmed.

And new *secret* character will be revealed just after the DLC is released.

I wish it would be Wyro.

His sanity mechanic may be interesting, seeing how Meet the Pyro looked like.

I can imagine it now.

Losing all your sanity and you start to see... flying babies, with the heads of Russian men so you start to blow bubbles in their face (Flare gun to the face) and then you start skipping down the rainbow lollipop gumball tree street.

I would play Pyro JUST for the Pyroland if they added it.

Maybe he could have his own special infinite usage nightmare amulet which is the Pyrovision goggles

I think that this game don't need any more characters.

There is a lot of characters mods out there, why waste time on new characters?

Better add some new thing into the world.

To be fair, most of the character mods are unbalanced, badly drawn or just plain bad. Character mods are by FAR my least favourite kind of mod, and you are hard pushed to find a decent one.

Most people tryand do too much. Like instead of having a few stat changes and maybe a small positive/negative, like a balanced character from the game, they add whole crafting tabs, and extra items to the world only found as that char etc...

On the Wyro. That's interesting. I really hope they don't do that, and it's just a joke, because that's the kind of corny thing bad games do to get publicity/players. Cool as Pyrovision could be, the idea of having a 'Pyro' character just cheapens the entire game for me. Definitely something for a character mod, not the game itself.

I don't quite understand the notion how having the Pyro could be a rip-off or something along those lines. TF2 promoted Don't Starve last year, so why not return the favor? What's the bad thing about that? Either way, it's a bit hard to imagine how the Pyro would work as a character, seeing how Willow already does most things fire-related. Pyrovision is a funny thought, but I'd say that's just a bit too much effort for a single character. I'm hoping that he gets in anyway though, since TF2 is amongst my favorite games, and the Pyro is the character I played the most.

Maybe he could have his own special infinite usage nightmare amulet which is the Pyrovision goggles

That is genius.

Also, if you call Pyro character a rip off from TF2, then you can call Wilson wig and ham shank rip off from Don't Starve.

I don't quite understand the notion how having the Pyro could be a rip-off or something along those lines. TF2 promoted Don't Starve last year, so why not return the favor? What's the bad thing about that? Either way, it's a bit hard to imagine how the Pyro would work as a character, seeing how Willow already does most things fire-related. Pyrovision is a funny thought, but I'd say that's just a bit too much effort for a single character. I'm hoping that he gets in anyway though, since TF2 is amongst my favorite games, and the Pyro is the character I played the most.

That is good point but TF2 is full of promotional items and weird looking hats.

TF2 and Don't starve are two of my favorite games too but I don't want to mix them together. 

TF2 and Don't starve are two of my favorite games too but I don't want to mix them together. 

I think some things could fit in together, maybe a hat or 2 or 3 or 10 or 3265496, maybe Merasmus could be an interesting boss (maybe dropping magic spell rolls that you can use against him)

But i mostly agree with you (My TF2 addiction causes me to be a bit biased)

That is good point but TF2 is full of promotional items and weird looking hats.

Fair enough then. I don't want Don't Starve to become like TF2 too. Even though both games havea bit of a crazy sense of humour, items in Don't Starve all have a point, whilst in TF2 they... don't. I wouldn't want any hats or anything added, but I think the Pyro as a character is a nice choice for an addition, since as a character, you will only come across him when you choose to play as him, and none of the TF2 silliness will leak into the rest of the game.

Am I the only one here that's excited?

You guys are sure as hell grumpy.

No i'm super excited as well if he gets added mostly because i would love to see how things look when insane (maybe the Hounds could turn into the cute cuddly dog toys from Meet the Pyro or Them could appear to be flying babies)

Don't worry Webber, you are still awesome and my #1 most anticipated character

Fair enough then. I don't want Don't Starve to become like TF2 too. Even though both games havea bit of a crazy sense of humour, items in Don't Starve all have a point, whilst in TF2 they... don't. I wouldn't want any hats or anything added, but I think the Pyro as a character is a nice choice for an addition, since as a character, you will only come across him when you choose to play as him, and none of the TF2 silliness will leak into the rest of the game.

That is true, no one needs to use him if they don't want to.

I just really didn't expect to see tf2 characters in this game.

And hey, Pyro isn't even confirmed to be new character.

I hope it's a joke as well. All the characters have something that seems to tie them all together; Can't quite figure out what it is. The pyro doesn't seem to have this quirky characteristic that I am talking about.

Why would Pyro have fire realted perks?

Sure, he can burn some crap but it's not like he can cast fire from thin air, if you run out of ammo to your flamethrower, you are not fire class anymore.
Without flamethrower, he is just a guy in fireproof suit, which is not that fireproof, he can still die if other Pyro attacks him with flames.

His perks may be related to sanity, because well... he is batshit insane.

Archived