Ask the creators a question here (not for bugs or recommendations)

Since there are a lot of threads and sometimes questions can get asked and ignored amongst all the waffle I have made this thread to help the creators see the questions we are asking and also to answer commonly asked questions.

Commonly (and I mean commonly) Ask Questions

Q: Is Reign of Giants free?

A: No

Q: Where do I purchase it?

A: Go to the 'Come and get it thread', first post by JoeW and pay via paypal

Q: Will it be on steam?

A: Yes

Q: When?

A: When the 'forum beta' is over, sometime around the end of March.

Q: Why can't I play the beta?!

A: You need to pay for it via this forum and have the steam version of Don't Starve

Q: Can Chrome and standalone play the beta.

A: No, it's easier for Klei for to implement the beta on steam than those two.

Q: Will this be on the PS4?

A: Yes

Q: When?

A: When it is fully released, scheduled for April.

Q: What about chrome and the standard version?

A: See above.

Q: I bought the beta, will I have to pay for the full game?

A: NO! You bought it, you own it and all the pieces that will come with it. At the moment the set is missing a few pieces that Klei will send to you whence they are done (all jokes aside, it's a one time purchase; if you have steam and want the beta, you get the added bonus of getting the game at a reduced price for your help reporting issues.)

Q: I bought the steam version, can I transfer it to chrome/standalone/ps4?

A: No

Q: Why?

A: Besides a few world exceptions, if you buy a game; do you get different versions of it? You do? Well you don't in this case.

What the heck are ya'll on that lets you come up with these creatures?

Probably coffee...I get really creative sometimes if I drank to much black gold.

Question:

Will you share (someday) stuff that you planned and started producing (art, strings, ideas) like the Biome the tesla tree is related to?

I would love to see some of the stuff... maybe someday in the future

Batilisks and pengulls should not have that much chance of dropping nothing. Bat bat requires 4 batilisk wings which rot quickly and are hard to get, if I've only got one after killing about 20 of batilisks or may be even 30. Can you increade chance for batilisks to drop more wings and guano instead of being an annoying nothingness? And what about pengulls? I think there's 33% chance of dropping nothing after you kill one so that's dumb!

Batilisks and pengulls should not have that much chance of dropping nothing. Bat bat requires 4 batilisk wings which rot quickly and are hard to get, if I've only got one after killing about 20 of batilisks or may be even 30. Can you increade chance for batilisks to drop more wings and guano instead of being an annoying nothingness? And what about pengulls? I think there's 33% chance of dropping nothing after you kill one so that's dumb!

That's a suggestion, not a question.

XirmiX, pls.

When can we expect Shadow/Snow chester?

Are there any future plans for more DLC - perhaps every 6 months or yearly?

Snow and Shadow Chester are coming to Don't Starve very soon. As for your other question, at the moment Reign of Giants is the only DLC we've got planned.

Was the DLC already planned after the last update of DS or even before it? I know some concepts (like over heating) were already mentioned, but how long did it take to build everything together?

Overheating was a old dropped concept during the middle development process of the caves I believe. I find it neat to see it revived.

HEY do you now how hard it is to kill bats without making its wings hurt? it's skin very very thin skin and do you now how small is bats?

Archived