How can i dry my Backpack?

Dear Gamer's,

i have a Problem with Wetness i can fine dry my tools inside a Chest but im not able to dry my Backpack since i cant put it into a chest or my inventory.

So i have no chance to dry it while Raining?

-EDIT-

and i have another Problem. If i craft new Items they already Wet how this Happens? my Wetness Meter is Zero and it is not Snowing(Winter currently)

Greetings

Move

Dear Gamer's,

and i have another Problem. If i craft new Items they already Wet how this Happens? my Wetness Meter is Zero and it is not Snowing(Winter currently)

If things of which you make item - wet, then the item will be wet.

Personally, I can't seem to dry any o my things, no matter what happens. Since the light rains before winter (around 21-22) to the day 31, everything I have is wet. And the items don't care about standing whole days by the fire (it's winter, and my clothes are wet.)

Well not that it matters that much, because on day 31 wet Deerclops came overcame my wet Tooth traps, killed my wet Abigail, killed me, and destroyed wet chests setting free about 40 dry rabbits. 

Still would be nice to know a way to dry things in winter.

Personally, I can't seem to dry any o my things, no matter what happens. Since the light rains before winter (around 21-22) to the day 31, everything I have is wet. And the items don't care about standing whole days by the fire (it's winter, and my clothes are wet.)

Well not that it matters that much, because on day 31 wet Deerclops came overcame my wet Tooth traps, killed my wet Abigail, killed me, and destroyed wet chests setting free about 40 dry rabbits. 

Still would be nice to know a way to dry things in winter.

On the plus side, it looks like animals will have a timer for perishing in storage, so you won't have to worry about your dry rabbits getting wet...

I'm feeling your pain - umbrella does nothing to prevent item wetness, can't dry out by fires, and bugged heat stone makes winter unplayable.  There should be an update in a few days that will hopefully address at least one of those.  I'm playing as Wilson for now to take advantage of beard insulation - at least that can't get wet - even though I prefer Wendy.

There should be an update in a few days that will hopefully address at least one of those. 

This.   I believe it's supposed to be Monday.  My understanding is they're revamping the wetness mechanic entirely.  And rebalancing the heatstone, although I've heard that if you put it near MULTIPLE fires, you can in fact get it to max heat.  Haven't tested that myself.   Welcome to beta!

This.   I believe it's supposed to be Monday.  My understanding is they're revamping the wetness mechanic entirely.  And rebalancing the heatstone, although I've heard that if you put it near MULTIPLE fires, you can in fact get it to max heat.  Haven't tested that myself.   Welcome to beta!

Not max, but you can get it decently high, to orange.

I'm interested to see what Klei's intent was regarding heating the stone - if it's just a bug the way it is now, or if their intent was to make it take more fires to heat well.  I have a hard time imaginging using it much if I have to fueld 2-3 fires just to make it last half a day. 

On the other hand, since you can apparently cool it in the fridge, it would be interesting if you could "cook" the heat stone in a crockpot, get it to max heat (anything else can be filler, and the result is always a heated heat stone).  It would make it harder to use on journeys since it's a lot easier to make a campfire every night than a crock pot every night.  Regular camp fires could heat it, just not max it.  Probably too much new coding there though, screwing up crockpots.

I feel confident that this is an unintended effect of the addition of overheating.  Before overheating they could make fires as hot as they wanted and it didn't matter.  But in order to make fires not cause us to overheat during winter they had to rein them in.  By reining them in, they don't heat the stones as well, and this was probably just overlooked before the beta was released.

Archived