Excited for which giant?

Excited for giants  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which giant are you looking forward to?

FWIW, I haven't been participating in the random threads here-and-there about the giants since the first teaser, Autumn, so I don't even know what others have guessed or speculated about.

Summer/dragonfly terrifies me. Autumn/wolf (I don't care what y'all say about badgers and raccoons and such, it's always been a warg-wolf-monster in my eyes) frightens me, but I think I can figure out how to cope. Winter/deerclops has always been bad, and he changed just enough to make me continue to run like hell instead of learning to kite like I intended. I'm excited the most for Spring.

I'm guessing that the Goose/duck giant will lay eggs or that those eggs will just suddenly appear in Spring to spawn the giant(s). The eggs will hatch when lightning strikes. We'll need to get lightning to strike other things (some currently existing, some hinted at) so we can destroy the eggs ourselves, otherwise lightning will strike the eggs and hatch them, and all hell will break loose. 

I think my intrigue is most centered in just what the mechanics will be of this Goose/duck hybrid, both as eggs as well as fully grown. Can it swim across oceans, so running away won't help? Will it target our tallest structures (only), thinking they're rivals or decoys? Will it stay around past Spring, and start repopulating/mating in Autumn (like Goose)? Will it spawn as a single giant, then drop a bunch of eggs that hatch, only to lead them away to water as the season ends (like ducks)? I feel like the Spring giant is the most unpredictable because of the combination of animals, and their contrasting nature.

I'm excited for the Summer Giant, mainly because we only have one fire-based enemy, and it's a dog.  Imagine the terror of having this flying monstrosity swooping over your camp, incinerating everything in sight.  Think of the horror as Chester hops around, flaming like a roman candle.  Everything you have built is ruined.  Burned to the ground.  Cleansed by fire, and death.

So yeah.  Summer.

I'm excited for the Summer Giant, mainly because we only have one fire-based enemy, and it's a dog.  Imagine the terror of having this flying monstrosity swooping over your camp, incinerating everything in sight.  Think of the horror as Chester hops around, flaming like a roman candle.  Everything you have built is ruined.  Burned to the ground.  Cleansed by fire, and death.

So yeah.  Summer.

Then you catch it with the bug net.

Pfftt, the spring giant is going to be the most amazing. Admittedly I haven't survived a single Spring yet so I don't know how much of an onslaught the rain is yet, paired with a giant may result in it being evil... But I'm still psyched :3

Spring giant.  The egg from the teaser intrigues.  Will this be a giant that multiplies if you don't deal with it?!  As opposed to just going away after it's sated it's appetite for mayhem? 

Will I be able to pick up an egg which takes my entire backpack, hatch it, and then have a baby giant?  Only to have my heart broken by it's sudden but inevitable betrayal?!

Archived