An end of game to end the game objective.

As many people have mentioned the game doesn't really have an ending; you just have to survive as long as you can. However, that can work to this ideas advantage and can incorporate all that this game has to offer.

Our characters are stuck in this world and hence need Maxwell to get them out (where story mode comes in). Whence this is done a new mode can be unlocked; Escape. In this mode, the characters are planning there escape and need to ensemble a machine to do so. The machine needs components found in all areas of the game (so the caves have a purpose) and need to charge up (to incorporate the days survived component)

This machine will need pieces that can be constructed with a 4th tier science machine and a 3rd tier magic machine. Perhaps 10-20 pieces. When a piece is constructed you must safe guard it through all seasons and all manner of attacks the game throws at you. When the machine is built the game will 'end' as such

The teleportato will still have a function for players that will want to play to survive as long as possible; with this mode it gives people a resolution; to see how quickly they escape....or end up in a place worse... (That is for Klei to decide!)

I want many pieces for this machine so people will have to explore and resource gather; I want EVERY time; from grass, to volt horns, from marble to the deerclops eye to be needed to bulid the machine. Hence the game will still be about surviving and can't be rushed quickly. I think 20 pieces would be best.

Any thoughts from you guys?

How about all the boss items as pieces? There's already 4 currently, plus the three new ones. It gives a reason to explore the caves as well for the horn.

No, this idea is totally lame. A sandbox should not equate to a gather the berries quest. And, also, the caves are supposed to be OPTIONAL. I don't know how much more this can be stated. Forcing cave content onto a player is pathetic.

Here's an idea: You have to make generators to fuel the device, rather than have it be an overly-complicated gather-the-deadly-loot quest. And you would need to get the generators running once they've been made by charging up some nearby lightning rods during a rainstorm.

No, this idea is totally lame. A sandbox should not equate to a gather the berries quest. And, also, the caves are supposed to be OPTIONAL. I don't know how much more this can be stated. Forcing cave content onto a player is pathetic.

Here's an idea: You have to make generators to fuel the device, rather than have it be an overly-complicated gather-the-deadly-loot quest. And you would need to get the generators running once they've been made by charging up some nearby lightning rods during a rainstorm.

Fair enough; but some items don't have a point and this way they will have a use. Your idea is too simplistic. And really, pathetic to 'force' people in the caves? Eh, to each their own.

If some of the cave items seem rather useless, then the Klei devs should fix it without incorporating it into some sort of forced scenario where someone who would never ever bother going into caves would do so expressly to get one or two items that are hard to get or rare, which are needed for a scenario. And if we're not talking about cave items, then I don't know which items you speak of, MycoLogical.

Archived