Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

XirmiX

write what you want on the sign posts

XirmiX    754

I kind of hate it that making sign posts is useless as it'll allways say "you're here". It's best that you can write what you want so for example may be already there would be a sign post that says "pig village" so you know what you might be comming accross before you go through it.

BaconAndRibs    10

There is a mod that allows you to write what you want on the signs but already having signs around the world would be nice. Then it would be slightly easier to find stuff.

brummbar7    513

It's been suggested many, many, MANY times.  Since signs first came into existence I think.  Either Klei doesn't like the idea, or there are technical problems. 

Kaphy    1

the only use of a sign is to get the snity boost when first made

Sadly this is quite true for me to. I would be quite happy to even have some method to differentiate them. Small selection of pictures or something like that. Or color. :) I would love to use signs to mark which wormholes are pairs with each other. 

XirmiX    754

I myself would like to make a village called "spiderville", lol and around the post would be web silk around it. Being able to make them different colour would also be great.

jbeetle    1873

the only use of a sign is to get the snity boost when first made

Another use is to use them at wormholes. A matching number of signs denotes which wormhole it will go to.

MilleniumCount    2161

That's what I use them for, too.

They are utterly useless....as if they want to mock you for crafting a sign on an totally unknown land...I mean what is Wilson even thinking...why would he need a sign.....''You are here'' it's just this little insurance of sanity...

and that is all about signs

jbeetle    1873

I really do think it's just one of those ideas they gave up on or ran out of time on. They shoulda just removed them in that case

MilleniumCount    2161

I really do think it's just one of those ideas they gave up on or ran out of time on. They shoulda just removed them in that case

Nooo, we need useless items....they are absolute necesarry in judging how useful others are....

brummbar7    513

Not totally useless currently.  I've used them to mark fairy rings or other high concentrations of mushrooms.  Or fireflies.   I usually just mark wormholes with a sapling, using the cardinal direction from the wormhole to match them up.     But they definitely could be improved.

XirmiX    754

Nooo, we need useless items....they are absolute necesarry in judging how useful others are....

Useless items are items that are useful? Never heard that before xD

MilleniumCount    2161

Whatever that means

a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

XirmiX    754

a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

Wut ._.

Am I dyslexic or that doesn't make any sense?

Seriously I don't get it and can't understand it :(

MilleniumCount    2161

Wut ._.

Am I dyslexic or that doesn't make any sense?

Seriously I don't get it and can't understand it :(

Ah,

it is someting like an enlightment. A sudden feeling of understanding something entirely.

I know those dictionary entries aren't helpfully sometimes

brummbar7    513

Think of it like a paradox.  We need an utterly useless item, as a base line for judging the usefullness of all other items.  Paradoxically, by serving this purpose, the utterly useless item has a use.  Mind blown!