I just randomly got struck by lightning. And died.

I wonder the hint what SethR said doesn't means clothes as much as it means that if you have gold on you than you have a higher chance to get struck by lighting :o ...well time to bling out Mrs. Wickerbottom  to put this to the test

I don't remember taking damage from lightning as Wigfrid just using her helmet during the rain. Not sure, I could have had an umbrella out but I'm pretty positive I took no significant HP damage from the strikes. Didn't cook my meat or damage any of my items or anything along those lines.

That's why you should never set lightning to lots EVER in the game :razz:

Actually that's fun with WX. Just set rain to less and lightning to lots. Rain will be rare, but when it finally comes you're almost garunteed to be struck unless you're by a lightning rod, more often than not it'll be multiple times. Buh-bye sanity, hello free light and speed boost. :3

Is it possible that that flower parasol actually attracts lightning? Saying that because in almost four hours of playing the DLC, I've only been struck by lightning twice, and both times I'd had that parasol equipped....and I only had the parasol equipped for maybe half of one game day.

Can confirm, rain gear stops you from getting struck by lightning. The lightning will strike next to you and your character will say "Safe from that frightening lightning". Not sure if the umbrella is required. I had the rain hat and pig skin umbrella equipped when this happened. Also, science machines can get struck by lightning and get destroyed and the crock pot can get set on fire as well :'(

Umbrellas (all types) do attract lightning. The only exception is the eyebrella.

Archived