Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

HoneyHam

Autumn Biome Lag

HoneyHam    435

I was exploring and I happen across an "Autumn" biome surrounding a pig village. When I enter the biome I get EXTREME lag. I don't know what could be causing it, I haven't tweaked anything and I'm not using mods. I have Windows 7.

brummbar7    513

I too have noticed I get a slight lag entering autumn biomes.  I think it's autumn.  Lots of leaves falling.  Maybe an animation overload?

SethR    1,229

Like @brummbar7 said, there's a lot of updating of individual entities that happens in deciduous forest during Autumn (leaves falling). Can you two post the specs of your machines? We'll do our best to address the slow down.

ailailou    729

I'm in the same boat:

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

Intel Core i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30Ghz (4CPUSs)

8GB DDR3 RAM

Intel HD Graphics 3000

The lag is only slightly noticeable.

Deacon_Blue    187

Win7 64-bit

Intel I5-3570k @3.4GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX670

I'm encountering just a bit of choppiness in the autumn biomes.

imsomony    417

CPU: FX 6100 @ 4.5 GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 2gb

In case it matters, running on a 256gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD. Also, the lag is most noticeable with other mobs around (like Beefalo).

rezecib    3,144

At first I thought I didn't have this problem, but I've noticed it when it's raining and I'm in the deciduous forest biome, even if I can't spot any leaves falling on screen. I wouldn't describe it as lag, though, more like choppiness or frame rate drop.

Windows 8 64-bit

ATI HD 6870 (1GB)

i5-2500K 3.3 GHz (quad)

16 GB RAM

NgXAlex    15

Same for me, I have some lags with the news trees.

I7 2600K @4.5Ghz

16Go DDR3 16000

SLI GTX670

WINDOWS 7 x64

Touch    0

I have the fps drop in every biome when it's autumn. It's playable but gets worse in big fights and such, so I haven't played my autumn world a lot. In other seasons I've had no issues.

My specs:

Windows XP

AMD Athlon 3500+ running @ 2,3 GHz

2GB DDR1

Geforce 8800 GTS

Windows 7 64b

Intel E8400 (3.0 OCed at 3.6)

8gb ddr2

Sapphire 7870xt 2gb

Game has always ran fine before the DLC, now it seems to slow down during Autumn, and get way choppier after an hour or two unless I restart the application.

NgXAlex    15

Ii found a fix for SLI users. In fact the game doesn't have a SLI profile so it run at single card on SLI configs.

I simply forced SLI on Nvidia panel (alternative 1 setting) then linked to the .exe and now no more lags etc. the game is perfectly smooth.

I think the game need more resources with the dlc so it need more power or maybe some optimizations.

;)

Ysulyan    3,920

Having the same issue here.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor @ 3.5 GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 1gb

porps    118

same problem, but a restart fixes it for awhile. it happened to me on vanilla dont starve too, though not nearly as often or as bad as RoG.  On vanilla, it was far less noticable on the standalone version when compared with the steam version.

Windows 7

Intel i5

Radeon 5700

4gb

jbeetle    1,872

Same for me, I have some lags with the news trees.

I7 2600K @4.5Ghz

16Go DDR3 16000

SLI GTX670

WINDOWS 7 x64

Can I have your computer, please?

Deacon_Blue    187

We made a bunch of optimizations in the patch that went out on Wednesday. Are you still having performance problems @TooMuchHoneyHam, @brummbar7, @julz1981, @ailailou, @Deacon_Blue, @imsomony, @alexcss, @Movementcat, @rezecib, @NgXAlex, @Boogerlicious, @Touch, @TwistedMinds, @Ysulyan, @porps? Want to make sure we fixed it!

I have not noticed any lag since the patch.

ailailou    729

Definitely a huge change in the performance with the autumn biome lag since the last patch. Things run great this time, I only get a slight fps drop when the falling leaves animation takes place, but that must be simply due to my low end laptop configuration so I can't do much about it.

Good job on the fixing guys! :encouragement: