Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Neewom

(PS4) Cave werepig bug

Neewom    1

On my world I got around 7 pigs following me and then went into a new cave system (so it had to generate the cave world). Once it loaded and put me in the cave all of the pigs immediately started morphing into werepigs. I climbed the rope back to the surface and all the pigs that had followed me down/turned were respawned at their houses as if they'd never followed me/never turned.

Edit: Fuhhhhhhhh... I dropped my dropped my Krampus sack when going back into the caves to put on a life amulet and now the sack is impossible to grab as it's blocked by the rope (rope is the only thing I can target). s6E1x7Z.jpg

I think a way for us to cycle through targets on PS4 could be very helpful.

bean1010    0

This bug is really detrimental to gameplay. When you bring pigs to a cave, there's a bug (in PS4 at least) where if a full moon has passed since the LAST time you went in the cave, all the pigs will turn into werepigs as soon as you enter.

The way around it is going into the cave once, turning around, coming right back out, and THEN leading your pigs in. But, if there are already enemies (like in my case, 6 depths worms) milling around the cave entrance, there's no way to pop in and out again without getting killed. So there's just no way to bring helper pigs into the cave anymore... which means no way to clear out the enemies... which means I can't go down to the caves anymore in this game. 

Major bummer. Any plans for fixing the bug?

Wade    309

I'll take a look at the issue on PS4 and discuss it with the programmers.

bean1010    0

I'll take a look at the issue on PS4 and discuss it with the programmers.

Fantastic! 

The bug also happens with the entrance to the ruins, so if you bring pigs down to the cave successfully (by popping down and up once to reset the moon cycle), you have to kill all your pigs before going down to the ruins level or the same pigs that are still following you turn into werepigs as soon as you load the ruins map.

XanderSnow    18

I second this problem, and would be so grateful if it was fixed.  It seems that the game runs through all the time since the last time you were in the caves/ruins within an instant of going down, so as it flicks through the time that the moon was full (on the surface) it turns your pig friends to werepigs (even though they shouldn't be).  This is so frustrating because it means if you want to take pigs to the ruins and a full moon has passed since you were last there, you have to run all the way down to the ruins and then all the way back up, then befriend the pigs, then run all the way down again.

Wade    309

Yeah, I can see how that could be a problem. We'll likely have to make some changes to the time cycles in the caves.

scize    50

how about just making the caves and ruins time and day different from the over world? like make it to where caves has a separate day and night cycle from the over world

XanderSnow    18

I stopped playing this game almost a year ago because of this issue.  Now that ROG is out, i'm interested again.  But only if you have fixed this bug, have you?