Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

MycoLogical

Reign of Giants- Bug's and such

MycoLogical    1,070

Bugs you guys have found post em here.

Acorns when planted are still referred to as acorns not a baby deciduous tree.

That is all atm :D

Sideview    81

This should be a bug with the map gen :

289219marblepieces01.jpg

603637marblepieces02.jpg

I wonder where the wooden thing will be...

EDIT : I'm not in adventure mode but...

246268Maxwellstatue.jpg

SethR    1,229

Nice catch, @MycoLogical! I've got it fixed locally--it'll come out in the next update.

@Sideview, that's probably not actually a bug but a result of an increased number of setpieces (we also added a few new setpieces). We're likely going to turn down the frequency on those a bit.

rodoto    49

When the moles are moving, there is a "circle of light" around them (during the digging animation)

post-279826-0-55412400-1393541665_thumb.

It's a bit hard to see it on the screenshot but when the mole move it become obvious !

whackthecat    14

There seems to be a bug where your sanity will drop incredibly low in spring after heavy rainfall, as in a large sanity drain does not stop after the rain stops until after a day goes by.

whackthecat    14

@SethR Could be, but my sanity continues to drain after the wet bar is gone and empty. Even a garland, despite how small the sanity help is, doesn't minimize it. Also, I noticed that I don't lose sanity while its raining and I don't have a umbrella object equipped. And as another tidbit, the flower umbrella still drained when I had it equipped when it wasn't raining.

Warewolves    67

Killing a whacked mole whlile in the inventory using right click gives the killed rabbit sound.

Could be, but my sanity continues to drain after the wet bar is gone and empty. Even a garland, despite how small the sanity help is, doesn't minimize it. Also, I noticed that I don't lose sanity while its raining and I don't have a umbrella object equipped. And as another tidbit, the flower umbrella still drained when I had it equipped when it wasn't raining.

Are you wearing wet clothing/tools? They drain your sanity.

Ogrecakes    1,401

@SethR Could be, but my sanity continues to drain after the wet bar is gone and empty. Even a garland, despite how small the sanity help is, doesn't minimize it. Also, I noticed that I don't lose sanity while its raining and I don't have a umbrella object equipped. And as another tidbit, the flower umbrella still drained when I had it equipped when it wasn't raining.

If your backpack is wet, it will drain your sanity a ton. Just drop it by a fire for a bit and it will dry out.

That goes for any other piece of clothing.

Hope that helps!

whackthecat    14

If your backpack is wet, it will drain your sanity a ton. Just drop it by a fire for a bit and it will dry out.

That goes for any other piece of clothing.

Hope that helps!

Thanks.  I figured it out after I saw that dropping all of my wet stuff lowered the sanity drain, so thanks.

Hundkerchief    149

Also, to be a bit fussy, when Wilson begins to be wet in winter the snow is referred as rain : "Rain, rain get a-way"  "I need to get out of the rain", not really a bug but a bit confusing, and I think it can be easily "fixed" !

Claire    0

I keep having this situation : it's winter and it's snowing so my items get wet and my sanity gets low (I play with Willow by the way, who doesn't have much from the begining). I can't take off my winter clothes otherwise i'll freeze to death (but they're wet so it drains my sanity). When i take them off and stay by the fire, at that point my sanity is so low i have monsters who attack me, so i put on my log suit and football helmet, (also wet), so it drains my sanity, i gain sanity by killing them (and loose a little health) but the wetness of my clothes drains more sanity, new monsters, less health, a little more sanity but not enough, and so on until no more health :)

(hope i'm clear enough..)

No sweat, i know it's the beta version, and i still don't have the hang of it, but it is frustrating. Maybe balance the draining of the sanity ? Pleeaase. Otherwise, great job, i have the impression of rediscovering Don't Starve all over again ;)

Started a new game with edited world settings. I set the cycle to "Long Day" as well as a few other setting changes. The first day/night was as expected, long day and a short night cycle.

However, after the first night the settings reverted to default. As in, back to the usual half day, half dawn/night scale. 

Once I started my world i hadn't done anything to change or revert the settings.. Must be a bug?

Just loaded up Reign of Giants for the second time, and created a new world. Tweaked the default settings to "Long Day" cycle, as well as a few other world generation changes. I much prefer a long day with my play style and game goals.

All is well, Day 1 went as expected, with a long day, short night cycle.

However, after the first night the world settings reverted to the default half day, half dawn/night cycle.

Maybe a bug? 

Thanks for your consideration in advanced!