Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

Guys, the dragonfly drops Scalemail! Its a really powerful armor that absorbs like a ton of damage or something (took only 8 damage from deerclops per hit.)

Probably just a 100% water resistance umbrella that lasts pretty much forever.

Don't forget that Scalemail negates fire damage

uhh I was just messing around re-learning the game and gave some rope to a catcoon, it follows me around spitting out rot and this one time it spat out a whole tumbleweed...

EDIT: and a live rabbit, twigs and flint too, these things are weird. And now it spat out a live moleworm... the heck...

The little guys dont, the big tree you fight does. It drops some birchnuts and living logs.

Oops, double post. I forgot to edit this in the other post. You are right when you say most things are harder then treeguards, but these are basically 10x harder.

Just attacked them as wherebeaver. They are  actually much easier than treeguards for the Beaver. to my surprise. A small treeguard takes more than 25 chomps from the beaver this guys take 5 and then their minions take 5-6 more. The minoons are as easy as spiders, 1 chomp and they are dead. My log meter barely went own after one birch tree boss, I only ran into trouble after tackling 8 of them,

It's surprising because as Wigfried the minions seemed harder than spider and did more damage.

In case you guys did not know, the mossling can summon a Goose/Moose.

I attacked one, then it ran back to the nest, then it began calling out, then a Goose/Moose spawned.

Did one spawn or did an existing one come to aid the mosling?  I've attacked motherless moslings before and they never called a moosegoose.

EDIT: Ok, just after I submitted this it happened.  Maybe I just wasn't waiting long enough for it to spawn before.

Well it is a set piece that i think was here for long time , although it only appeared in adventure mode i guess. And for anyone that dont know those walls are made of basalt which is indestructible and was used as a placeholder in sandbox worlds for caves.

Admittedly, I did spawn it in when very weak because I would have died anyway, but the Dragonfly just seems... Too impossible unless incredibly well prepared. Which you wouldn't be in a normal game, most likely.

I'm not suggesting it should be easy, but you should at least be able to kill it with a logsuit and spear if you're good enough.

Or maybe I just don't know how to fight well.

While recruiting troops for my arachnid army, I accidentally attacked one of the neutral spiders. My loyal eight six-legged friends followed my command and attacked that spider. Long story short, I unintentionally started a civil war, which raged through the duck and the night, continued to the next day and claimed countless lives.

X2I0Pwt.jpg?1

Moleworms eat gears. 

Everything dies now.  The bird in your birdcage, things in traps, things in your inventory, things in chests, all of them starve to death in very short order.

Everything rots now.  Jerky on a drying rack, food in a crockpot, all of it spoils very quickly.  Even with a refrigerator you cant store anything (except maybe honey) for more than a few days.

If things just burst into flame every summer how is anything still alive after a year or two?  The only things in the entire place that reproduces naturally are spiders and flowers.  After one summer all the forests and groups of anything would be gone, and the next summer should take care of all the things by themselves.  I think summer might be a bit too harsh.  I'm planning on spending the next summer underground.

I think the bearger is also too harsh.  I led him into a pig village so I could get some help fighting him, and in one stomp he killed all the pigs and destroyed all the houses.  One hit.  Again, if these things are around how is anything left standing anywhere?  I dont even want to meet the dragonfly now.

Every swamp I've found so far has been very sparsely populated.  One really big one had 3 spider nests and 3 merm houses.  Is it just me or is this normal now?

Things I have recovered from tumbleweeds:

sticks

grass

frazzled wire

feathers

stingers

seeds

glowbugs

web

bones

blueprints

Things my catcoon has barfed up:

rot

sticks

grass

rope

sleeping bunny

live moleworm

morsels

*snip*

The Bearger shouldn't come as early, as most people start in Autumn, and also, it should probably be nerfed. I really do agree with things always being destroyed, and how that should be fixed. I mean, this world should've been self-sustainable originally, but a single bearger can destroy entire forests, pig towns, and make entire species extinct (ahem, Beefalo). I don't know, but I think it should only be able to destroy one building at a time (besides trees)

Archived