Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

A couple things I've noticed with about 30 minutes or so of playage.

Ā 

1. Acorns (from the new trees) are OP as hell. They seem to restore a LOT of hunger and health, perhaps even around the level of some meats.

Ā 

2. Careful in the deserts, they have a lot of wolf-spawners, in my current world especially near gold nodes.

Ā 

3. Moles also seem like easy food.

Ā 

4. What are the point of buzzards/vultures? I'm guessing the intended mechanic is they attack when you're low health, but even at half health (as Wes) they didn't come at me. Without this danger they're just some annoying birds.

Ā 

5. Is it just me or are there more Maxwell biomes? This could just be my world but I've run into easily 3-4 within the first week of exploring. Seems a little OP considering how valuable gears are supposed to be, which becomes an even bigger problem when the aforementioned wolf-spawners will clear out the biome leaving 5-7 gears for you to freely pick up.

Ā 

6. There appears to be a new wetness mechanic. I think I've started in Autumn so not alot of rain, but it should be an interesting challenge.

Ā 

7. Going back to buzzards, they seem a bit buggy in terms of how they appear on the screen. I'll submit an actual bug report for this one, though.

Ā 

All in all it's interesting so far, although I'm wondering how much the new stuff will hold up after the newness wears off.

Ā 

1. Acorns (from the new trees) are OP as hell. They seem to restore a LOT of hunger and health, perhaps even around the level of some meats.

Ā 

2. Careful in the deserts, they have a lot of wolf-spawners, in my current world especially near gold nodes.

Ā 

3. Moles also seem like easy food.

Ā 

4. What are the point of buzzards/vultures? I'm guessing the intended mechanic is they attack when you're low health, but even at half health (as Wes) they didn't come at me. Without this danger they're just some annoying birds.

Ā 

5. Is it just me or are there more Maxwell biomes? This could just be my world but I've run into easily 3-4 within the first week of exploring. Seems a little OP considering how valuable gears are supposed to be, which becomes an even bigger problem when the aforementioned wolf-spawners will clear out the biome leaving 5-7 gears for you to freely pick up.

Ā 

6. There appears to be a new wetness mechanic. I think I've started in Autumn so not alot of rain, but it should be an interesting challenge.

Ā 

7. Going back to buzzards, they seem a bit buggy in terms of how they appear on the screen. I'll submit an actual bug report for this one, though.

Ā 

All in all it's interesting so far, although I'm wondering how much the new stuff will hold up after the newness wears off.

THERE ARE DESERTS!?

here is my findings so far (30min of gameplay):

Ā 

1 - Acorns are OP IMO, they are very good, restore allot of hunger and health when cooked in the fire, my personal forest is now an acorn tree forest, i'm assuming they will not produce acorns through all the seasons, in winter the acorn trees should be leafless (read wilson's examine comment)Ā 

Ā 

2 - moles are very nice to have around you can dig up their holes for 1/2 stone very good and they are easily killed for a morsel if you are desperate. im assuming if you abuse the moles they will later spwan a mole giant (?)

Ā 

3 - there are more maxwell stuff around thats for sure, found 3/4 new biomes, no gears though, only marble statues/pilars and evil flowers.Ā 

Ā 

4 - frog pond placement seems to have changed too, they now spawn less in the immediate area, so you are less likely to have 5-8 ponds next to each other like you used to. on my world i found 2 separate ponds both in different biomes away from each-other, much better. also i noticed that each pond is capable of spawning more frogs i swear i saw 4/5 frogs near a pond but did not have a good look because then was night and they dove in the water.

Ā 

5 - yes water/wetness mechanic got to number 8 nothing happened. not sure whats the deal with that, saw new raincoat too dunno whats it for

Ā 

6 - endothermic fires .... built one looked cool dunno whats for... the description is a bit confusing :S

Ā 

7 - Saw a buzzard tried to attack it but it took off, then saw the shadow on the ground that was cool!

Ā 

8 - mini glaciers, yes glaciers .... puddles that freeze and you can mine them, got an ice clump out of one dunno whats it for.Ā 

I discovered that you can dig up the mole burrows for random loot like ntire and gold. also, the fact that rain adds a wet attribute to everything might be the best thing so far. oh also, the mole will steal stuff on the ground.

also, here's a new tree and a mole, @GudinitoĀ http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3335218360689207720/6902F4E44A3A67605B24E4DB0F90DA8502059299/

I discovered that you can dig up the mole burrows for random loot like ntire and gold. also, the fact that rain adds a wet attribute to everything might be the best thing so far. oh also, the mole will steal stuff on the ground.

also, here's a new tree and a mole, @GudinitoĀ http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3335218360689207720/6902F4E44A3A67605B24E4DB0F90DA8502059299/

Thanks!Ā 

• Developer

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1- Yes, acorns are super good right now. They will have their values reduced in the next patch for sure.Ā 

Ā 

5- We did increase the amount that set pieces show up. I agree that there are too many right now, though.Ā 

here is my findings so far (30min of gameplay):

Ā 

1 - Acorns are OP IMO, they are very good, restore allot of hunger and health when cooked in the fire, my personal forest is now an acorn tree forest, i'm assuming they will not produce acorns through all the seasons, in winter the acorn trees should be leafless (read wilson's examine comment)Ā 

Ā 

2 - moles are very nice to have around you can dig up their holes for 1/2 stone very good and they are easily killed for a morsel if you are desperate. im assuming if you abuse the moles they will later spwan a mole giant (?)

Ā 

3 - there are more maxwell stuff around thats for sure, found 3/4 new biomes, no gears though, only marble statues/pilars and evil flowers.Ā 

Ā 

4 - frog pond placement seems to have changed too, they now spawn less in the immediate area, so you are less likely to have 5-8 ponds next to each other like you used to. on my world i found 2 separate ponds both in different biomes away from each-other, much better. also i noticed that each pond is capable of spawning more frogs i swear i saw 4/5 frogs near a pond but did not have a good look because then was night and they dove in the water.

Ā 

5 - yes water/wetness mechanic got to number 8 nothing happened. not sure whats the deal with that, saw new raincoat too dunno whats it for

Ā 

6 - endothermic fires .... built one looked cool dunno whats for... the description is a bit confusing :S

Ā 

7 - Saw a buzzard tried to attack it but it took off, then saw the shadow on the ground that was cool!

Ā 

8 - mini glaciers, yes glaciers .... puddles that freeze and you can mine them, got an ice clump out of one dunno whats it for.

I am assuming the ice and endothermic fire are bot tho cope with the heat wave season. (endothermic is cold)

Archived