Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Bryce

DLC Beta - Come and get it!

t9s1n2    10

If I don't own Don't Starve on Steam, can I get the DLC at a discounted price?

If you purchase the beta now and do not own Don't Starve in Steam, you will be able to play it later once the standalone version is available. You will not be able to play the DLC in the chrome version at any point. 

If i buy the DLC now then i won't need to buy the regular version once the DLC is released to play the game?

JoeW    26,243

You will always need to own Don't Starve to play the DLC. The FAQ is addressing people who own Don't Starve, but not in steam or don't want to play in steam. The FAQ is being updated to clarify. 

Lestarver    14

NOTE: You MUST own Don't Starve in Steam to play the DLC at this time. If you purchase now and do not own Don't Starve in steam you will be able to play later once the standalone version is available. You will not be able to play the DLC in the chrome version at any point.

For more information on the beta, check out our FAQ at: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31922-reign-of-giants-beta-faq/

just asking why does it only have to be on humble widget? Uhmm oh i'll wait like i used to

MycoLogical    1,070

Will there be any new biomes, fauna and items added in future updates for this or is it just creatures that are missing (as per the description)

JanH    6,394

So far the biomes are in; some of the creatures and items are in. But there's more coming.

MycoLogical    1,070

So far the biomes are in; some of the creatures and items are in. But there's more coming.

So there is only the desert and forest biomes that will be added but there will be new items? That's cool.

JoeW    26,243

Curious to know, is there a 4th poster? I loved the first 3 :-)

There is, and in my opinion it's the best one yet. 

J20hawkz    768

There is, and in my opinion it's the best one yet.

:o where can one obtain such a poster? I have a new hobby now.....collecting every Don't Starve poster!

enginecogs    2

If I don't own Don't Starve on Steam, can I get the DLC at a discounted price?

If you purchase the beta now and do not own Don't Starve in Steam, you will be able to play it later once the standalone version is available. You will not be able to play the DLC in the chrome version at any point. 

If i buy the DLC now then i won't need to buy the regular version once the DLC is released to play the game?

Correct. If you buy the DLC now, you won't need to buy it again when RoG is officially released.

findpix24    0

DLC 20 DAY -> SOME PEOPLE -> SUMMER

SOME PEOPLE->  WINTER

WHY DIFFERENT?

SethR    1,229

SOME PEOPLE->  WINTER

WHY DIFFERENT?

Check out the world gen settings: the default is a 50/50 chance to start in Autumn or Spring.

Troublez81    0

SOME PEOPLE->  WINTER

WHY DIFFERENT?

if you look in the world options the starting season says "autumn OR summer" or something like that

Syd    232

And... bought!

I'll fire it up later today, check out the new stuff, and probably give some feedback as well.

AquaAtia    102

Just looking at a few videos (Don't want to spoil it) it looks like a masterpiece! Just gotta love Klei for making sure you get bang for your buck!

Subscriber01236    1,709

WOF WOF not payself card wof wof dogie is sad :c

You aren't alone :c

I don't want anything spoiled for me until i get the DLC, and i have a feeling it won't be on steam for atleast a week or 2 ;-;