Hey, Forumers. You had better find something to eat before night comes...

Battal

67 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this new story type thing.

• Really cool, have my reputation!
    • It's neat.
    • Eh, meh...
    • Nah.
    • I wish it would die in a muddy ditch, alone, without friends, family, or HOPE!

878380_show_default.png
I'm not sure how to interpret this reaction.

I mean, I know what the expression means, (A mix of astonishment, confusion, annoyance and slight repulsion, correct me if I'm wrong) though I have no idea how it connects with my statement. Maybe it is because of the idea that I connected your portrayed personality with a children's movie, or the fact that I my connection was illogical, I have no idea.

Crap, I am so bad at communicating normally that it scares me. I really should get tested for asperger's syndrome/other mental\developmental conditions.

tumblr_ms4a3mDtg61r019ito1_500.gif

That makes more sense. Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

I'm not sure how to interpret this reaction.

I mean, I know what the expression means, (A mix of astonishment, confusion, annoyance and slight repulsion, correct me if I'm wrong) though I have no idea how it connects with my statement. Maybe it is because of the idea that I connected your portrayed personality with a children's movie, or the fact that I my connection was illogical, I have no idea.

Crap, I am so bad at communicating normally that it scares me. I really should get tested for asperger's syndrome/other mental\developmental conditions.

That makes more sense.

I have aspergers syndrome

Segment 8

"Flintface the Tallbird"

Upon awakening, Battal's first thought was I really hope this story isn't me passing out constantly.  Sitting up, he instinctively put a hand to his wounded side.  Instead of a festering wound, he felt a strip of papyrus wrapped around the cut.  It felt monumentally better than it had before.  Battal exited the tent he had been lying in and looked around camp.  Blewcheese was nowhere to be found; Battal guessed he had gone off resource gathering.  Opening the supply chest, he removed a pouch of berries and roasted them over the remnants of the previous night's campfire.  Again, he looked hungrily at the crock pot.  He hoped they could get it working soon.

The day carried on, and still, Blewcheese was absent from the camp.  Battal decided to work close by the camp, in case his injury began to act up again.  He chopped down some trees near the edge of camp to make a more suitable opening.  He collected some flint and rock in the surrounding woods.  Using the Science machine, he prototyped two crude spears for him and Blewcheese to use as weapons.  He cleared out most of the junk in the clearing.  Satisfied, Battal took up his spear and sat next to the embers of the fire pit, and waited for his comrade's arrival.

Blewcheese had gotten lucky.  Not too far from camp, he had found a large plain full of boulders to be mined.  He hammered away at the stones with his pickaxe, storing the broken chunks of rock in his backpack.  He even found a couple chunks of gold, which was strangely tough and difficult to break.  Eventually satisfied with his load, Blew began to make his way back to camp, until he heard a furious hooting coming from behind him.  He turned just in time to avoid a massive red tallbird, which strangely had a chunk of flint stabbed into its eye.  The creature hooting in anger, and chased after him.  Blewcheese did the logical thing.  He ran.

Pecival woke up to the sound of stomping footsteps, yelling, and hooting.  He stood up, still a bit tired, just to be plowed over by someone who seemed strangely familiar.  Pecival dizzily got back up, only to see a monstrous red bird barreling towards him.  He grabbed his trusty needle and drove it into the creature's leg, were it stuck.  Not wanting to let the weapon go, the Sentient Voodoo was taken on a very bumpy ride.

Battal looked up to see Blewcheese barging into camp, panting.  "Look out, he's right behind me!"  He shouted.  Battal looked around in confusion until the tallbird burst into camp, a strange scrap of cloth hanging off its leg and a chunk of flint stuck in its eye.  The creature began to glow red as its sight fell on Battal.  "Oh, you again."  The Debul grumbled.  The tallbird charged for Battal, who jumped out of the way and sliced with his spear.  He caught it on the leg, and the bird shrieked in pain.  Battal backed away, holding the spear in a defensive position.

"I'm feeling particularly uncreative today,"  Battal shouted at the animal, "so your new name is Flintface.  Hope ya enjoy it!"

Flintface obviously did not enjoy it, as he hooted and stabbed at Battal with his beak.  Meanwhile, Blewcheese had gotten a hold of the second spear, and was sneaking up from behind.  Before he could strike, however, their adversary whipped around and kicked him into the tent.  The flimsy structure collapsed like tissue paper.  Pecival was finally dislodged in this action as well, and he soared across camp and struck a tree.  While the creature was turned around, Battal ran in and grabbed Flintface's leg.  Holding on tight, he climbed up the creature until he was on top of his head.  Not stopping to admire the view, he grabbed the bird's eye lid and tore it off.  Purple blood splattered the ground, and the Tallbird wailed in agony.  It threw him off, and, with one final look at the group, fled from the clearing.

• Like 5

No, but that would've been cool. Tame Flintface and ride him into battle.

Time for some backstory.  The chunk of stone stuck in Flint's eye is constantly causing him absolute agony.  This infuriates him, and makes him attack everything he sees.  It also, however, makes him half blind, so he will attack friend, foe, whatever he can get his beak into.

Time for some backstory.  The chunk of stone stuck in Flint's eye is constantly causing him absolute agony.  This infuriates him, and makes him attack everything he sees.  It also, however, makes him half blind, so he will attack friend, foe, whatever he can get his beak into.

HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I smell tricking Flintface into killing everything you want dead

Well what did you expect me to do?  Pet it?  Give it a nice hairdo?

dear lord, that made me laugh out loud.

i really like the concept of your idea for this story. and you are extremely good at writing, i really enjoy reading it.

Battal then gathered what materials he had so far, and set off - his current location wasn't prime for a base camp, and Maxwell had mentioned others.

Reason why the quote is manual: While pinpointing this sentence I accidentally deleted the actual quote.

Edited by TooMuchHoneyHam

I thought it would be appropriate to put this here.

@Lord_Battal

666 POST PARTY YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I DID IT YEAH HAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA BAHAHA YES *CONFETTI RAIN* GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA