Righty or Lefty?

Anyone else notice how all the Don't Starve characters appear to be mainly left-handed?  I realize its due to some mirror animations and I doubt there were any technique reasons behind it. I

just thought it was interesting enough to share.

Anyway, I'm currently trying to learn how to properly use my non-dominant left hand and its been interesting so far.

Are you a righty or lefty?

Have any of you tried to use your non-dominant hand?

Are any of you ambidextrous?

Will the fact that Wilson is possibly left-handed affect fan works in any manner? 

Right handed, tried to be ambidextrous for a long time since it runs in my family.

As for the fanworks thing i don't think it really matters, even if you draw him writing something with his right hand, him being a lefty is not a fact that people tend to bring up and you can always argue that Wilson's ambidextrous himself

People who are left handed have a higher chance of being homosexual ya know

I've actually been curious enough about this to have done a little research. From what I can tell, Wilson seems to use things like a hammer and a paintbrush with his right hand. Maybe this just means he's ambidextrous.

That's interesting. I guess its just with certain tools. Maybe it makes the animations easier to manage or something? Although, I do have a weird habit of using a knife in my left hand even though my right is dominant.

I've actually been curious enough about this to have done a little research. From what I can tell, Wilson seems to use things like a hammer and a paintbrush with his right hand. Maybe this just means he's ambidextrous.

Well is it possible for him to be ambidextrous but favor his left hand more so than his right hand?

That's interesting. I guess its just with certain tools. Maybe it makes the animations easier to manage or something? Although, I do have a weird habit of using a knife in my left hand even though my right is dominant.

By the way, that was in the origin trailer not the game. Everything in the game is left handed. Just so there's no confusion :)

I'm a righty. I honestly can't do anything with my left hand. It punches weaker, it can't hold a pencil, it RUINS MY TYPING GGRRRR (And speaking of that, for an example I won't revise this post.)

Sssooo.... Righty all the way. I do most things with my right hand, as it takes all the things my left hand CAN'T do and puts it in my right hasnd. My right hand is a bEAST.It's strong, fast, and a whole bunch of good stuff. I only know a few lefties, so I'vew been lead to believe right handed is more common. I'm not sure if this is scientificallyh true, though. There's a fwew ledty Youtuibers I know about, like GenerikB. Ssoo, that's my 2 cents on the matter.

My left hand (and arm for that matter) is weaker and can't draw for sh*t. But my left hand is somehow awesome at using either a fork or knife and I'm a gamer so my left hand knows where all the keys are :razz: When it comes art and every-day tasks I'm definitely right handed.

I think Wilson has two left hands if it comes to trusting a mysterious voice out of an unplugged radio telling him stories of secret knowledge.....

...Besides this saying is from the time where left hands were considered bad, too....how did humanity even come up with this kind of stupidness?

Oh yes, I forgot all about that. My great grandmother was left-handed and she was forced to use her right as a child, must have sucked.

Haha, and such a thing seems pretty plausible for Wilson. Maybe the developers put it in as a little nod of some sort and never bothered to switch it around for other characters...it seems that's gonna be the most solid conclusion that will pop up.

I bet Wilson lived out in a forest just at the edge of a very religious village that ostracized him for his devil hair and science--fellow must have gotten so desperate to prove something that a talking radio seemed sane--or maybe I'm looking into it too much and Wilson never really was sane to being--just heard a talking radio and thought why not?

Maybe he's an impulsive sociopath..or he is just stupid...maybe both. Either way he is left-handed.

My left hand (and arm for that matter) is weaker and can't draw for sh*t. But my left hand is somehow awesome at using either a fork or knife and I'm a gamer so my left hand knows where all the keys are  :razz: When it comes art and every-day tasks I'm definitely right handed.

Sounds just like me, although I'm trying to fix the drawing bit and some handwriting--stupid school taught me how to write wrong. ಠ_ಠ 

It turns out good handwriting is done when someone gets the movement from their arm, not their wrist, like I have been doing--would have helped to know that sooner.

Something about right and left hands

Im a righty right right yea mate Right.

Mmm...

Most of the tools are used with both hands, such as axe and pickaxe, though, and I think (but I am not sure) they eat barries with their right hand.

Berries i think is what you where spelling.

Your Welcome.

I am right handed

Preventing derailment

I can do very basic chicken scratch with my left but I am better at cracking whips left handed and my fencing is probably better when I do left handed fencing.. probably mostly because my opponents are right handed?  

I also use my knife and fork round the other way. I always been a bit odd. 

Archived