Dec. 11 Update: Naughty & Nice - Preview Video

JoeW

I'm very worried about this krampus goat. I'm afraid this time Klei is making a huge mistake. They say they want to stop us from turtling up, but if I can't trust my chests out of my sight that is exactly what I'm going to do. So far I've avoided it. i've got a few camps and I store my stuff so I can wander between them exploring and doing different things every day. I don't farm, and I haven't moved a single berry bush or piece of grass.

However if I need to stay at my base all the time in order to kill krampus and prevent him from stealing my stuff and destroying my chests then I'm going to have to start turtling, and the game is going to get a lot less fun as I spend all my time doing the exact same things. I'll turn into a farm centric poopaholic with a wall of berry bushes and tons of pig/spider guards all over the place.

I am also worried about the chest theif, If done right it could be cool and amusing but it could also get annoying and old really fast. Other then that this update looks really awesome guys. Spider Queen is going to be crazy. I've updated my website with the update information. http://watchsurvival.blogspot.com

Edited by Zargo1z

Come on guys there's a bit more in this video.... keep squeezing it....

I've looked at it frame by frame, what have I missed? Something in the audio perhaps?

OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, Is there a...NEW BIOME AT 1:23 or 32? lol i forgot,Up and right, right up corner, SQUEEZE.

Uhm... I don't know, the quality ain't the best. It may simply be a washed out hay field for what I see.

I'm very worried about this krampus goat [...] if I can't trust my chests out of my sight [...]

They'll probably behave like the birds, which only appear where you are. So, Krampus may only appear if you spend too much time in your camp.

now I can have a pig and bird army yes the night monster doesn't stand a chance now

Yeah, remember what happened when we started making pig armies? Werepigs happened. Something really, really wrong is gonna happen with those smallbirds at some point. I think the smallbirs wheren't brought here by neither Kevin or Tatham, but by the night monster himself.

Edited by Excess

I'm very worried about this krampus goat.

He acts when you act naughty. You slaughter 50 rabbits... You get your stuff stolen. But just remember, We all thought dogs were going to be the end of the world based on what kevin was telling us. The days didn't really get harder to survive as time went on. Once you're past 100 they seemed essentially unchanging.

Either way you're not meant to keep your stuff. You're meant to progress forward in the story keeping only what you can carry. You guys gotta used to the idea that you won't be keeping anything you have right now. It's beta.

He acts when you act naughty. You slaughter 50 rabbits... You get your stuff stolen. But just remember, We all thought dogs were going to be the end of the world based on what kevin was telling us. The days didn't really get harder to survive as time went on. Once you're past 100 they seemed essentially unchanging.

Either way you're not meant to keep your stuff. You're meant to progress forward in the story keeping only what you can carry. You guys gotta used to the idea that you won't be keeping anything you have right now. It's beta.

I don't see how hunting rabbits for food is naughty. Maybe lighting the rabbits on fire, or smashing pig houses, etc, but not simply hunting...

Krampus seems like, if what joyousterror is saying is true, a problem that will only occur if you kill many rabbits, in which case I believe it would have been implemented well as a way to prevent such madness, but if its a random event, then it would only encourage turtling, which I think would be a step in the wrong direction.....

Now I'm off on the quest to finally find a beehive.... Day 49 and counting! (I was quite unlucky in my world generation in that way, otherwise its just peachy.)

Oh crap... If Krampus thinks that killing bunnies is naughty; I doubt he's going to like my slaughtering of Beefalo/Pig-men/TallBirds.

P.S. I would love mini versions of all the creatures that you could take as pets but also little families so that when you killed a Beefalo for example you felt even more guilty because you were destroying a family :p. (Also a mini beefalo would be the cutest thing in the world)

i want beefalo as pet...KEVIN PLZZZZ =3:rolleyes:

Perhaps he could become a sort of 'mule' and help carry your resources as you travel the land.. obviously there must be downfalls to any such positives especially when it comes to a companion, but it would to be handy for those who like to be nomadic as a kind of semi home base so to say?..

With winter coming as well perhaps he would snuggle up and keep you warm with all dat fur... without slaughtering him for it.... :)