Wednesday DLC Update Poster

JoeW

Ooooh, looks amazing.

Slightly confused though, left hand side, the typical place where the giants appear - It doesn't resemble the thing in the egg in the slightest? (as shown in last weeks teaster)

Duck feet, looks like it's fluffy and round from the waist down. Anyone else thinking last weeks x-ray in the egg might've been a teaser for the summer giant? Or a new normal mob/friendly.... or even a deerclops x spring giant offspring? o.0

So confused now xD lol

How does it not look like the thing in the egg?  The thing in the egg looked like a Goose head on top of some sort of waterfowl.  The only difference I see in this picture is the feet don't appear quite as webbed as they did in the trailer.

How does it not look like the thing in the egg?  The thing in the egg looked like a Goose head on top of some sort of waterfowl.  The only difference I see in this picture is the feet don't appear quite as webbed as they did in the trailer.

The thing in the egg didn't look as rounded and certainly didn't have the feet - Leading me to wonder is it a cross breed of something?

Undeniably it's the Spring Giant that lays the egg (You can clearly see the feet in both trailer and poster) which means it's not an asexual reproduction seeing as how the silhouette is different and appears to be more mammal like than avian (used to do this in college, forgive me for being pretentious lol)

So I'm thinking it's a cross-breed (for clarification, In the Egg) that is potentially a new mob or a deerclops (horns, hoofs) and duck of doom (Since it lays the egg) offspring that could be the summer giant (Maybe they all vacation together across the sea? A few monster meats too many one night? ;) lol)

Ooooh, looks amazing.

Slightly confused though, left hand side, the typical place where the giants appear - It doesn't resemble the thing in the egg in the slightest? (as shown in last weeks teaster)

Duck feet, looks like it's fluffy and round from the waist down. Anyone else thinking last weeks x-ray in the egg might've been a teaser for the summer giant? Or a new normal mob/friendly.... or even a deerclops x spring giant offspring? o.0

So confused now xD lol

whatever it is it's the thing -that lays the egg- not what was actually in the egg.

The thing in the egg didn't look as rounded and certainly didn't have the feet - Leading me to wonder is it a cross breed of something?

Undeniably it's the Spring Giant that lays the egg (You can clearly see the feet in both trailer and poster) which means it's not an asexual reproduction seeing as how the silhouette is different and appears to be more mammal like than avian (used to do this in college, forgive me for being pretentious lol)

So I'm thinking it's a cross-breed (for clarification, In the Egg) that is potentially a new mob or a deerclops (horns, hoofs) and duck of doom (Since it lays the egg) offspring that could be the summer giant (Maybe they all vacation together across the sea? A few monster meats too many one night? ;) lol)

It didn't look as rounded since you weren't looking at it straight on, and it certainly did have the feet.  The feet bend the wrong way for a bird, but this is a hybrid anyway.  The body in the egg exhibits the typical ovoid shape you would expect from an avian.  Clearly above the neck is mammal, but nobody's claiming it's 100% bird.

ETA: And keep in mind that this is not a real creature.  Any details that require a college course to know are not going to be present, so no authority is gained by invoking one's college experience.

It didn't look as rounded since you weren't looking at it straight on, and it certainly did have the feet.  The feet bend the wrong way for a bird, but this is a hybrid anyway.  The body in the egg exhibits the typical ovoid shape you would expect from an avian.  Clearly above the neck is mammal, but nobody's claiming it's 100% bird.

Not straight on, good point actually. And since the lack of imaging on the spring giant's top half it's probably impossible to tell just yet, but I would imagine you're right actually. On a side not though, googled ovoid shape/avian embryos, and I am sure it's going to be quite some time before I eat any eggs =_=

I know this thread is supposed to be the poster teaser, so forgive me for going off on a bit of a tangent, but I'm pretty chuffed with the outcome :D

It could be similar to the dormant Treeguards. They look a like real trees but they are a little bigger and if you do something they don't like out comes their arms and face.

The Goose head a little wings could be curled into the large feathery/leafy looking stomach waiting to come out if you do something it doesn't like nearby.

Archived