Sleep Thread

23rd

Here's probably my worst night-terror:

So it was the year 2345. There was this thing called the "Sky-Way." It was highway in the sky! (Duh) So me and my family are driving along, and my mom is telling me a story about a "Great Sky-Demon" and how he eats things that fall off the Sky-Way. And what happens next was a car crash. Who'da thunk it. I fall off and and THERE'S A GIANT TERRIFYING BEAST AND I'M FALLING SO FAST I TRY AND SAY "**** YOU" TO THE DEMON BUT IT COMES OUT LIKE "THPLBPLB" AND THEN IT EATS ME AFTER 4 MINUTES OF FALLING AND I JUMP OUT OF BED HAVING A CONNIPTION

When I was 4-8 I had lucid dreams all the time. Using my grade school logic, I somehow came to the belief that whatever I wished would come true. A dark forest clearing became a McDonald's waterpark playplace in a matter of minutes, and I turned myself into a small, blue pterodactyl. Now, even though I try to trigger it all the time, the closest thing I've ever gotten to it is being turned into a rabbit in my dream, waking up, realizing it would make more sense if I was turned into an amarillo (context), then passing out and dreaming the same dream, minus the fact that I was now an amarillo instead of a rabbit.

My subconscious is a confusing, MC-Escheresque place.

I think my subconscious might also have the ability to vaguely predict the future. A month ago, I had a nightmare that I was standing in front of a mirror, then when I blinked, I noticed that my hoodie had pulled itself over my face and stared tightening so my head would be crushed. The next day, a kid who had a hoodie pulled over his face tried to attack me.

A few weeks later, I had a dream where I was stuck in some sort of toy world and an amarillo made out of felt fought me in a heated battle on top of Thomas the Train. I killed him, but he turned me into a rabbit. Then, at school, the 6th graders started selling crafts made out of feltto raise money for a fundraiser. I don't know what would've happened, but the battle was pretty intense, (Thomas the Train didn't make it out of it, and being turned into a rabbit seems pretty bad) so I stayed far away from them as possible.

What is sleep?

Sometimes I forget what it is.

Its worse when I lay down to sleep and I forget how to do it. 
relax, let your mind drift...almost no wait someone yanked it away again.

Insomnia will drive you more crazy than war I swear (war causes insomnia in some so... ya know its cyclic metaphor there)

My housemate claims to suffer from sleep paralysis. 

One time, I had a dream when I was in my grandma's house, and for some reason I was spongebob. I was walking around when I started to get really slow. Then, a big tin can started coming after me slowly, while the music for when you get chased in Amnesia: The Dark Descent played. I was running really slowly out of the gate when I woke up.

Most crazy hallucination? Aside from the messed up auditory ones I have had was when I thought I saw a giant spider made out of shadow. I mean giant. Size of my head at least. It was huge and rather terrifying because i knew it was made of shadow and that it couldn't be real. I thought I was loosing my mind. I mean more so than normal. 

Auditory? I heard children next door singing a song about killing and death...basically a nursery rhyme about killing me. 

Auditory? I heard children next door singing a song about killing and death...basically a nursery rhyme about killing me. 

I've never had visual hallucinations before, but the auditory ones are terrifying. One time the power went out during a sleepless week, I had to sit in the dark and listen to the sound of things that weren't there skittering around the corners of my room. I hadn't been that freaked out since the time my cat brought a garden snake into my room.

I've never had visual hallucinations before, but the auditory ones are terrifying. One time the power went out during a sleepless week, I had to sit in the dark and listen to the sound of things that weren't there skittering around the corners of my room. I hadn't been that freaked out since the time my cat brought a garden snake into my room.

I used to hear the door, people moving about the house. Someone calling my name, people in the distance shouting nasty things, creepy children singing my death... I have heard some very disturbing things during my worst times.

Things that make you want to pull the blankets over your head and have it all go away. 

The door shuts, the sound of movement echoing throughout my mind. I know that these are mere figments, yet that thought doesn't make them less real. The sound of crazed laughter echoes throughout the hallway, figures of shadows watching over me with malice in their eyes. The darkness is my enemy, and yet I put up with it every night, lying in the middle of the twilight, cloaking myself with fear, sadness, and distress. I am cursed by this ailment, more mysterious then murder, more terrifying then death, hell being a poor synonym for it. This being of sleeplessness and insanity plagues me every night, and I am powerless against it. I envy those that don't have to suffer, who don't have to put up with the insanity that I deal with at the fall of light and the rise of the moon. I can't escape, I cannot stop it. I am powerless against my own figments, driving myself and only myself to the brink of insanity. And yet, I can still sleep, the sounds of the horrors around me fading, though I still live in fear, knowing that they will come when darkness plagues the rural area I live in.

I am terrible at writing.

It's been a long time since I had a full nights sleep.  I just spontaneously wake up around 3 to 5 a.m. and stay up for a good 1 to 2 hours.  Either I have just the worst bio clock or some kind of anxiety problem.

But if you want a strange dream,

I looked out my window and saw some clouds turn all black and oily.  The mass formed into this buff dragon guy, but the odd part was that the lower half was this little bit of tail which was connected to this giant cartoon bomb.  He was pretty chill just floating along.

Archived