Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

xvnero

[Ps4] Too many Cave Worms

xvnero    0

Okay, so the issue is that I can't explore the caves anymore because I am constantly getting chased by cave worms. There seems to be more than 6-9 worms chasing me at a time. Even if I manage to escape a few there are more scattered through out the map so I constantly have to be running back and forth only to run into more of them. I've only so much as managed to explore up to cave depth 2. I can't kill any since there's too many and I can't explore further because I keep dying from them.

*This first happened on my 1st file and now it's happened on my 2nd

xvnero    0

I assumed that but the thing is that the depth worms keep multiplying kinda how it was with the over population bug of the rock lobsters. The thing is that all the rock lobsters and snurtles in the cave depths for me are all dead, no longer spawn while the depth worms keep increasing in number.

Wade    297

That's weird, as the depth worms should not be reproducing.

I'll take a look at this and discuss with the programmers.

Thanks!

Syndrix    2

I also have about 7-9 depth worms very close to the location of my cave entrance, in the cave. I have taken a herd of bunny men and slain 4-5 of them but as soon as I re enter the cave they all seem to be back very quickly within a matter of few days.

Anelyn    23

They are supposed to be like hounds on surface, every couple days Depth Worms should spawn and attack / chase you. But due to their nature (attack pattern, HP / damage) there shouldn't be more than 3 at a time, 5-7 is already too much for any character (am playing Wendy, during night time in caves with buffed Abigail, football helmet and dark armor and dark sword, my armor goes puff before we kill 2 of them, you can kite 1, but 2+ is impossible to get hits in without taking damage).

Not to mention for some weird reason, caves & ruins are treated as separated instances as far as worms spawning go. If I just defeated the wave of worms (using bunny or lobsters) and enter the ruins, a new wave of worms spawns just after loading screen making it a huge detriment in exploring ruins (you need to carry with you several armors & weapons and waste them all just fighting the worms, so how can you explore and defend yourself from clockworks & nightmares in the ruins? If you try to return to surface and make new armor & weapons, by the time you are back worms are already back as well).

We understand the need of difficulty within caves / ruins, but it needs some tuning, can't expect a character to always have a herd of followers or carry 10 armors and weapons just to make it to the ruins level :)

Wade    297

I'll have the designers look at the spawning logic and make some tweaks if neccesary. They are indeed supposed to be similar to the Hounds on the surface, but more dangerous.

NgXAlex    15

Yep same for me on PS4, inside one cave, the first time I entered inside, directly at the entrance point, 7-10 worms, horrible, needed 9 pig + big armor equipment to kill them, but few days later, 7-10 worms respawned in same place, just horrible...

;)

r4kyky    0

i killed every worms in the cave after 20 day where i didn't get back to the cave i decided to go back and there were many worms i killed them again and same 10-20 day after they were back !

kraken121    396

Yep same for me on PS4, inside one cave, the first time I entered inside, directly at the entrance point, 7-10 worms, horrible, needed 9 pig + big armor equipment to kill them, but few days later, 7-10 worms respawned in same place, just horrible...

;)

i killed every worms in the cave after 20 day where i didn't get back to the cave i decided to go back and there were many worms i killed them again and same 10-20 day after they were back !

The worms are like hounds, they are on a timer, this timer does not stop when you leave the caves. When you enter the caves again the worms will be waiting for you if you went beyond the timer while in the above ground world. Whether this is WAI i do not know but thats whats happening.

For example, if you fight the worms in the caves and then leave the caves for the outside world, the worm timer is still counting down until the next wave. Then lets say you stay above ground for 20 days, going past the next spawn time that the worms would have spawned (if you had stayed in the caves) the worms will be waiting for you the next time you enter the caves.

The worm attacks also increase in size as the amount of days spent in the world raises, just like the hounds.

Wade    297

Yeah, that is pretty much how it works.

I'm discussing with the designers though about possibly tweaking the spawn rate and functionality so that it is a little less overwhelming.

kraken121    396

Yeah, that is pretty much how it works.

I'm discussing with the designers though about possibly tweaking the spawn rate and functionality so that it is a little less overwhelming.

TBH Wade, imo the spawn rate is fine, just the counter should not be clicking while you are above ground, just my two cents

Shoggoth    177

TBH Wade, imo the spawn rate is fine, just the counter should not be clicking while you are above ground, just my two cents

I was about to suggest this myself, but then I realized it would make the spawning a bit too rare, at least for the ruins.  Perhaps there should be a set delay for worm spawns if worms would spawn upon entry.

Additionally, the caves should have a lower frequency of worms than the ruins in my opinion.

Wade    297

I believe we have a change that we are looking at for an upcoming patch which should hopefully resolve this issue. The worms should still have the spawn clock running when outside the Caves, but there is a entity spawn cap which we are going to put on it.

kraken121    396

I believe we have a change that we are looking at for an upcoming patch which should hopefully resolve this issue. The worms should still have the spawn clock running when outside the Caves, but there is a entity spawn cap which we are going to put on it.

sounds good, thanks for letting us all know the plans :victorious:

NgXAlex    15

The worms are like hounds, they are on a timer, this timer does not stop when you leave the caves. When you enter the caves again the worms will be waiting for you if you went beyond the timer while in the above ground world. Whether this is WAI i do not know but thats whats happening.

For example, if you fight the worms in the caves and then leave the caves for the outside world, the worm timer is still counting down until the next wave. Then lets say you stay above ground for 20 days, going past the next spawn time that the worms would have spawned (if you had stayed in the caves) the worms will be waiting for you the next time you enter the caves.

The worm attacks also increase in size as the amount of days spent in the world raises, just like the hounds.

Ok, but the firtst time I generated a cave, had 10 worms after few seconds at spawn !!! lol

;)

JimmyNice    2

That's weird, as the depth worms should not be reproducing.

I'll take a look at this and discuss with the programmers.

Thanks!

I'm getting the exact same thing... I've stopped playing (after 60 hours of the game... which I love) because I simply can't explore the caves... I can't even get the marble to make marble suits, because it's all in the caves. Even with full log armor and foot ball helmet the 9 worms tag team me for 1 hit kills.. can't get chester back.