The (Un)Official Pokemon Thread!

Rosten

Am I the only one without a shiny?!

No, shinies take a lot of time, effort, and luck to get

P.s. Ive got a Jap. Zoroark, so now i need a Ditto with the following - 31 I.v. in Sp.Atk and Speed, and Timid Nature, so if anyone has that particular ditto (any language) Please, PLEASE let me know.

Why don't you capture one and use super training?

-sigh- 

Do i need to explain the difference between I.Vs and E.Vs?

Well. might as well

E.vs are short for Effort Values.

Each pokemon is able to have 510 E.Vs period.

Each e.v counts as 1/4 of a stat point and each stat can only have 255 E.vs or 63.75 points added to it 

Thus, you may only max out 2 stats (E.g. on zoroark Speed and Sp.Atk)

Each pokemon you fight (and defeat) will give all pokemon in your party a certain amount of E.V points in a certain stat depending on what pokemon you fight, for instance, i believe that fighting a ratata gives each pokemon 2 in speed,

Thats basically a basic rundown of how e.vs work, if you want more information of other ways to get e.vs, how to get more e.vs per battle and for a more full explanation go here - http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

I.v.s are basically a random number between 0 and 31 thats generated for each stat, i'd explain more of it, but they're pretty complicated, go here for a better explanation, http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

and if all that went over your head try watching TheJWittz's video on E.v.s and I.v.s

(P.s. super training trains E.V.s, I.v.s are unchangeable)

okay, heres a list of the team im going to use as main team

-Charizard

-Greninja

-Tyrantrum

-Umbreon

-Drapion

-Gallade

I'd say replace charizard with volcarona (ive even got one i could breed and give you the larvesta) or chandelure (also got one that i could breed), and save your mega evolution slot for something more useful such as a Mawile, (Maybe switch out tyrantrum? although, i can't say that from experience since i've never really used tyrantrum, so thats your call)

Mawile is immune to both Dragon (As it is fairy) and Poison (as it is steel), and also since poison is strong against fairy, having steel basically gets rid of that weakness completely, also, being steel its also got quite a few resistances, Normal, Flying, Rock, Bug, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Dark, and Fairy, and its only weak to Ground and Fire, And although it stats don't look to good, Mega Mawile has the ability Huge Power which DOUBLES its attack stat, raising its base stat (this is w/o e.v.s and I.v.s and natures, mind you) to 210, taking its low 480 base stat total to a more respectable 585

Im mostly taking this out of the bulbapedia page, (the stats,) and since i havent used mawile since i havent got a mega stone for it, this is mostly just speculation, 

Just don't use charizard, please,

Serebii - "Charizard is one of those great original Pokemon that has been a staple of Ubers...wait, no, Overused...um, yeah. Charizard is actually Neverused, but still many disillusioned users persistently insist on using this horribly outclassed Pokemon in higher tiers."

Or you could use mega blaziken, which is pretty amazing,

nope, already have my psychic pokemon

by the way, whats your most hated pokemon

mine is Emolga, I HATE THAT F***ING FLYING SQUIRREL!!!!

Sylveon, even though i love most eeveelutions, this damn thing has sweeped my team more times then i can count because i forgot to account for fairy types T_T

Also, how do you get blaziken with its hidden ability? if you get torchic with hidden ability will evolving it to blaziken make blaziken have its hidden ability?

Archived