What are your favorite boss fights?

Rabbitfist

That was a joke.  My favorite boss fight is the Warrior, from Borderlands 2.  Idk why.

That fight was fun and all but I don't like how they handled the Warrior in general.

For about the last half of the game you know exactly what's going to be in the Vault, so when Handsome Jack finally opens the thing and it turns out to just be the big scary monster that you have to shoot to death like you expected it to be the whole thing just comes off anti-climactic, IMO. The final boss of a game should have more impact than that. I found the Destroyer in the first game to be pretty unsatisfying as well, albeit for the opposite reason (no foreshadowing, no real explanation when it's dead other than Angel saying "I had to lie to you so you would go after it.") The Vault bosses leave me feeling unfulfilled in what is otherwise a series that can tell an incredible story.

That fight was fun and all but I don't like how they handled the Warrior in general.

For about the last half of the game you know exactly what's going to be in the Vault, so when Handsome Jack finally opens the thing and it turns out to just be the big scary monster that you have to shoot to death like you expected it to be the whole thing just comes off anti-climactic, IMO. The final boss of a game should have more impact than that. I found the Destroyer in the first game to be pretty unsatisfying as well, albeit for the opposite reason (no foreshadowing, no real explanation when it's dead other than Angel saying "I had to lie to you so you would go after it.") The Vault bosses leave me feeling unfulfilled in what is otherwise a series that can tell an incredible story.

It's hard to call the Destroyer a good and satisfying boss fight.

Archived