To Each Their Own Effigy

d3v1n96

It has long been suggested that each character gets their own effigy art (and wx-78 should probably have a gear effigy unless he is a man in a robot suit). At one point I believe that it was being considered but was decided against do to the fact that that time could be put into producing new content. As much as I love new content and long for a new spice to the don't starve experience I still would appreciate time being taken to make individual effigies, who's with me?

Yeah, I'd like to see everyone have a different effigy and their own dialogue about it.  WX's gear effigy I think would be a good addition but since the meat effigy's require beard hair, what would replace that for WX's?

Gears are rare enough, and you'd be sacrificing a potential upgrade.

Yeah, I'd like to see everyone have a different effigy and their own dialogue about it.  WX's gear effigy I think would be a good addition but since the meat effigy's require beard hair, what would replace that for WX's?

Frazzled Wires.

Wouldn't that be a bit too cruel? They're not the most common of objects after all...

I think it's just cruel enough. "So you wanted to try out that guy people are always calling overpowered? Well you've got your 400 health, go use it." More incentive to get into the Ruins is rarely a bad thing, as I see it; especially considering you'd be playing as the snowballing powerhouse that is WX-78.

The meat effigy should be shaped like a generic humanoid figure, boom it's universal.

An effigy is supposed to be a copy of someone, kinda like a statue or a voodoo doll.  Making it just a general humanoid figure would, in theory, spawn a featureless Slendery guy.  Which is why meat effigies should be textured to the ones making them.

Science!

The science machines store every thought of how to build a invention when that invention has been created. This is how Wolfgang is building complex supernatural weapons when he doesn't even like science. Normally these sciences machines existed so Maxwell could keep from forgetting how to build important structures, but since Wilson invented the Meat Effigy his thoughts act as blueprints. All the characters use his blue print thoughts so this is why they don't know who the Effigy is supposed to resemble.

Different effigies would be cool and I am not against it, but I believe this is the reason it has been changed per popular community desire.

An effigy is supposed to be a copy of someone, kinda like a statue or a voodoo doll.

Did someone say VOODOO DOLL?

On-topic: While it wouldn't really do much in terms of gameplay, I would like this aesthetic feature to be added soon.

An effigy is supposed to be a copy of someone, kinda like a statue or a voodoo doll.  Making it just a general humanoid figure would, in theory, spawn a featureless Slendery guy.  Which is why meat effigies should be textured to the ones making them.

Science!

By that logic, everyone who used it would look like Wilson at the moment.

Besides, I don't think that's one of their primary concerns. They'd have to devote artist's time, effort, money, etc.

I've seen this topic come up an obscene amount of times, in any case. It's something I think Klei should keep in mind if it's ever simple enough to just throw into some larger blob of content. The community really wants this.

Perhaps could do it by putting beard hair on the skeletons that you find...

I really like that. Using the existing skeleton as a base for resurrection, adding meat and hair to finish it and the wood for the outer shell.

And another way to encourage exploring, as to find opportunities to ressurect.

Yes, good idea!

Archived