Webber's abilities and stats?

Najster

And a bit of a crazy idea.... that whole "giant" theme got me thinking that maybe Webber could somehow turn into a spider queen himself? I have no idea how it would work, but it sounds cool, right? No? Just me?

So, we will fight giants, and in your idea, we could use Webber's ability to turn giant as well?

Seud ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind der Jäger!

So, I was thinking about the idea of Webber becoming giant, and Webber's design, and this popped into my mind:

WxcDq5X.png

Wouldn't it be awesome if the legs on Webber's head grew large and you began walking like a Daddy Long Legs?

Don't know what would trigger it though, but it sounds like a unique concept for himself. :grin:

So, I was thinking about the idea of Webber becoming giant, and Webber's design, and this popped into my mind:

[Picture]

Wouldn't it be awesome if the legs on Webber's head grew large and you began walking like a Daddy Long Legs?

Don't know what would trigger it though, but it sounds like a unique concept for himself. :grin:

Wow that looks awesome to play as.

Abilities and attributes I'd like to see for Webber?

- Carnivorous. Suffers sanity/health penalties for eating non-meat based items.

- Can eat raw meat with no penalty.

- Can eat monster meat with no penalty.

- His sanity should drain during the day and accumulate during the night.

- Other spiders have night vision, and as cool as it would be to have night vision on a character, immunity from Charlie would be OP'd. So instead of night vision, maybe just extended vision from light sources during the night?

- Pigs and Bunnymen should definitely be hostile toward Webber at all times.

- Let's entertain the idea for a moment that when spiders screech on the field, they're actually saying something. It'd give Webber a lot of style if he could understand what spiders are saying when they screech, as in text would appear over the heads of spiders like they do over the heads of pigs and bunnymen.

- I think spiders should remain neutral toward Webber unless Webber outright attacks them.

- I think if spiders see a mob attack Webber, they agro on the mob like they would anything else attacking a fellow spider.

- You know how if you attack a spider that's really close to a Spider Den, all of a sudden all the spiders from the den emerge and attack? That should happen too if something attacks Webber while he's standing really close to a Spider Den.

- I do not think Webber should be able to recruit spiders like other characters can recruit pigs and bunnymen. I think Webber should need to have a spider hat equipped to directly manipulate them.

- There should be a comment when examining a spider queen about being compelled to do her bidding.

- I think Webber's walking sound should make a clacking sound like the spider's.

- I think Webber should be able to talk.

- Maybe he should have a sarcastic personality and make wisecracks when examining things? Kind of like a homage to Spider-man?

- I think it'd be really cool if Webber could leap like a spider warrior or a dangling depth dweller.

- Maybe he has a default bite attack?

I dunno, maybe I'll come up with more ideas later.

WxcDq5X.png

Any thoughts?

PROS

- Immune to slowing effects of spider creep, nor does he provoke spiders by walking on it.

- spiders are neutral to him, unless he feeds them, in which case he can hire them just like a pig.  (of course, they cannot help chop wood like pigs, they're weaker than pigs, and they will still instantly gobble up any meat that they come across.  They also will not provide sanity boost like a pig)

- night time does not drain sanity

- Spider queens will not aggro him randomly, and he can feed a spider queen, which will NOT let him control her, but she will boost his sanity as long as he is near her.  So even though regular spiders don't boost his sanity, the queen can, and she doesn't run away like pigs.  But there's not always a queen around.  This somewhat balances hopefully.

CONS

- pigs and bunnymen are always hostile to him.

- Lose sanity in daytime

- vegetables provide lower sustenance, and do harm.

STRUCTURE

- instead of tent, he can build his own spider den (which he can sleep in as a tent), with accompanying creep.  If a bird lands on the creep it is stuck and can be harvested, much as if it were trapped.    Rabbit holes covered in creep do not produce rabbits.   The den can possibly be increased in size with extra webbing (or spider egg sacs), somewhat like repairing walls increases their size, having three stages just like a regular spider den.  A larger den perhaps saps less hunger when used.  It also has a larger creep radius, like regular spider dens.  

Also, any spiders that Webber 'hires', and subsequently their food runs out, if this happens within site of his den, the spider will adopt his den as their new home, going in and out per normal day/night cyles.  They'll then be neutral, but they'll be in base, acting as a kind of defense, and being ready to be 'hired' again.  The maximum number of spiders that can live in Webber's den with him is similar to that of the three stages of regular spider dens.  The problem would be that either webber couldn't have walls, or his 'in-home' spiders would need to not attack walls.  They would still trigger any traps though - they're stupid and he can easily get more.

UNIQUE ITEM

Every character gets a unique item.  For Webber, it could be a special web blob, that can be held and used like a staff to shoot a web blob at an enemy, slowing them down (spiders and giants are immune).  Take that McTusk!

So ya.  Not necessarily balanced, but there's some ideas.  The vegetables harming thing could be extremely crippling in the early game, given normal characters' reliance on berries and carrots at that stage.   Maybe monster meat isn't *quite* as bad for him - raw mm only hurts him like cooked mm, and cooked mm is fine?

I also love the idea of him being able to understand spiders, but I don't think the code works like that...

@brummbar7

I kinda like the idea of Webber having his/her ( do we really know what gender it is?) own little tier progression where they build their own nest and gradually growing in strength.

Make a tower defense character? It would be neat having spiders guarding my base at night, however the only thing that needs guards for is pesky spiders.

I've got no idea, but I'm excited about finding out what kind of personality he has through his quotes.

I didn't even think of that. The character quotes are one of my favourite things about this game, they have an air of sarcastic humour about them that I love.

I've only played this game on PS4 so this will, assuming Webber is actually coming and the trailer isn't a just cruel joke, be the first add-on character for me. I never really thought about how much more one character could add to the game until now. A lot I think lol.

STRUCTURE

- instead of tent, he can build his own spider den (which he can sleep in as a tent), with accompanying creep.  If a bird lands on the creep it is stuck and can be harvested, much as if it were trapped.    Rabbit holes covered in creep do not produce rabbits.   The den can possibly be increased in size with extra webbing (or spider egg sacs), somewhat like repairing walls increases their size, having three stages just like a regular spider den.  A larger den perhaps saps less hunger when used.  It also has a larger creep radius, like regular spider dens.  

Also, any spiders that Webber 'hires', and subsequently their food runs out, if this happens within site of his den, the spider will adopt his den as their new home, going in and out per normal day/night cyles.  They'll then be neutral, but they'll be in base, acting as a kind of defense, and being ready to be 'hired' again.  The maximum number of spiders that can live in Webber's den with him is similar to that of the three stages of regular spider dens.  The problem would be that either webber couldn't have walls, or his 'in-home' spiders would need to not attack walls.  They would still trigger any traps though - they're stupid and he can easily get more.

That's a brilliant idea. I liked all of your ideas but that one in particular is very good. It would be a complete game changer, which I think is something Webber will need to really set him apart from the characters already in the game.

I've had ideas for Webber in my head for a while now actually:

- Health 100

- Sanity 150

- Hunger 200

- Pigs and Bunnymen are automatically hostile towards him.

- Spiders are neutral and be feed meat like pigs to follow for a short period of time.

- Loses sanity in the daytime.

- Hunger depletes faster. 

- Gains sanity at night.

- Can only eat meat.

- If damaged by an enemy any near by spiders will attack that enemy. (pretty sure this is to OP)

What i think webber would be like is something similar to the wolfee mod 

eg  he will be friends with spiders but enemies with pigmen  , he wont control the spiders  just that they will be friendly to him and maybe he will have some limited means to guide them and use them , not unlike how  every other survivor  can bribe a group of pigs to help him.

UNIQUE ITEM

Every character gets a unique item.  For Webber, it could be a special web blob, that can be held and used like a staff to shoot a web blob at an enemy, slowing them down (spiders and giants are immune).  Take that McTusk!

I love everything except for this. Maybe instead, he can leave webbed trails behind him for a short time? It might make for a more interesting approach if you plan out your attacks by weaving a web trail around MacTusk's igloos! :D

Everything else is great!

Archived