Webber's abilities and stats?

Najster

Ever since the Don't Starve: Reign of Giants - Winter Teaser was released on YouTube (Here's the link if you haven't seen it 

) I have been excited for WEBBER!! :snarlingspider:  Being the guy that likes to learns about different characters/classes and their abilities in the games I play, I stumbled upon a Don't Starve wikia ( http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don%27t_Starve_Wiki ) and I read this page ( http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Unimplemented/Speculated_Characters ). I really wanted Webber in the new DLC and watching that teaser, really felt like a dream. I expect Webber to probably have the ability to befriend spiders or naturally make silk like how Wilson naturally makes beard hair but, knowing that Klei is smart, it wouldn't be surprising if Webber had low health if he had the ability to befriend spiders. What abilities and stats do you guys think he will have?

P.S. Sorry for my horrible English  :wickerbottomthanks: post-334814-0-00124600-1391132218.jpg

I'm going to love Webber.. maybe even more than Willow.

No, I could never say that.

Don't deny it, brother.

You love Webber now.

On Topic: I think he'll have lower sanity, lower health, won't be affected by spider turf, will make silk naturally, and maybe be able to befriend spiders? Or maybe they hate him for being a human hybrid? Also, maybe he has night vision. But it looks like there'll need to be more negative effects, from what I'm suggesting he seems OP.

it's not that it's not interesting by itself, it's just rehashed ideas, at least so thinly veiled annoy me. I'll get over it.

I would blame the concept of a spider character itself rather than possible traits. I personally don't like Webber, in terms of gimmicky aesthetics (like an amateur stuck a spider onto a blackened version of Wilson's body) and functionality likely similar to that of the spider hat. But, now that it's official, we just gotta make the best out of it.

I would blame the concept of a spider character itself rather than possible traits. I personally don't like Webber, in terms of gimmicky aesthetics (like an amateur stuck a spider onto a blackened version of Wilson's body) and functionality likely similar to that of the spider hat. But, now that it's official, we just gotta make the best out of it.

That doesn't bother me. I'm more about the mechanics. Though it'll be interesting to see the story of webber.

Exactly...so any ideas? Spiders have already been explored a bit in this game.

it's a tough job. ok so this is crazy, but maybe Webber can have the head of each different type of spider which comes with its each ability, costing sanity to change or something

I imagine they've already decided what his abilities are going to be though

When Woodie was announced, everyone went "oh, a lumberjack. Well whoop-a-dee-doo-da, I can chop trees with him." Then he turned into a Werebeaver with goofy music that inspired me to make an absolutely terrible RP. I'm sure we'll be pleasantly surprised, by this point Klei has had a lot of time and content to analyze to see what would click with people best.

Webber getting to control spiders would be boring. To unimaginative in my opinion.

IN FACT! I would love if Webber suffered the same sanity drain from spiders as Wilson. Maybe he doesn't like his monstrous curse? I hope he suffers lots of human disadvantages while breaking a rather adorable and comic spider face to express his dismay of getting mostly the worst of two worlds.

I don't want him to have spider vision, monster meat resistance, or anything.

I hope he gets to do stuff like hide in spider nests, use silk to preserve food, or just being more interactive with spiders beyond mind control would be neat to me.

Regardless I am going to play the silk out of him.

Webber getting to control spiders would be boring. To unimaginative in my opinion.

IN FACT! I would love if Webber suffered the same sanity drain from spiders as Wilson. Maybe he doesn't like his monstrous curse? I hope he suffers lots of human disadvantages while breaking a rather adorable and comic spider face to express his dismay of getting mostly the worst of two worlds.

I don't want him to have spider vision, monster meat resistance, or anything.

I hope he gets to do stuff like hide in spider nests, use silk to preserve food, or just being more interactive with spiders beyond mind control would be neat to me.

Regardless I am going to play the silk out of him.

Controlling spiders would be unimaginative, but it would still be cool in my opinion. Other than that I totally agree with you. Maybe, he can understand spider talk?

Yeah, a complete spider hat effect would be boring, and also kind of overpowered. I mean, there usually are a lot more spiders than pigs in a world, at least after all the dens went up to tier two, so you would have a pretty decent advantage.

What I would love would be that Webber could interact with spiders the same way other characters interact with pigs (pigs really should be hostile towards him though. They aren't the smartest of the bunch, they wouldnt realize that he's not like the rest of them). Maybe hiring them with a bit of meat for a short while, or possibly sharing the den with them for the night. Also, immunity to monster meat debuff and silky ground effect should be in there, would be kinda weird if they weren't.

And a bit of a crazy idea.... that whole "giant" theme got me thinking that maybe Webber could somehow turn into a spider queen himself? I have no idea how it would work, but it sounds cool, right? No? Just me?

And a bit of a crazy idea.... that whole "giant" theme got me thinking that maybe Webber could somehow turn into a spider queen himself? I have no idea how it would work, but it sounds cool, right? No? Just me?

I totally agree. It's like how Woodie can turn into a werebeaver but, this would mean when he transforms back to normal, there would be health, sanity and hunger penalties and that's the whole reason I don't like Woodie.

Archived