What would you like implemented in this DLC?

Or perhaps it bring a new kind of race like otter people.  Their spawn homes are dens in the edges of the lakes.  They are fast and befriended by feeding them fish.

New creatures are always welcome of course. But, c'mon, MERMS. It would be nice to see some elaboration on the secrets of their society.

New creatures are always welcome of course. But, c'mon, MERMS. It would be nice to see some elaboration on the secrets of their society.

Not sure how many secrets they could actually have.  To me they come off so dysfunctional, depressed, diseased, and/or lobotomized that they couldn't have a culture deeper then punching everything that moves that's not each other.  

I can't see them progressing their society in their current state.  Maybe there was a decline at some point?  That is the mystery.  

It would be nice if there was a new creature that mimics the appearance of other animals or plants but then when the player approaches is transformed into its original appearance and begins to attack the player trying to kill him.

It would make it a little more lively hunting / gathering, or simply a new creature that blends in with the environment type chameleon.

Quick! Someone draw a machine that resembles a sphere, one side cut off and nightmare fuel pulsating in the inside, the inside coat growing with nightmarish plants and shadows. Or something like that.

Quick is something other and I only got paint from 2002....^^ but it is something and it has color in it....

mad_science_by_milleniumcount-d7524p6.jp

• Developer

Glad about the responses; hopefully Klei are reading this and selecting some good ones!

As with before, it's unlikely that we will pick any one suggestion and run with it, but they're very useful to gauge what type of content you guys are interested in. We use them to shape the content we've already planned. It is, of course, possible that one of your suggestions will make it into the game in some form or another -- but the main use of these threads is to let us know if we're working on content that you're interested in playing.

As with before, it's unlikely that we will pick any one suggestion and run with it, but they're very useful to gauge what type of content you guys are interested in. We use them to shape the content we've already planned. It is, of course, possible that one of your suggestions will make it into the game in some form or another -- but the main use of these threads is to let us know if we're working on content that you're interested in playing.

Either way; let the good times roll!

So, you people with the red names are the creators of the game, right? Sorry, I'm new here. Just wanted to say that I'm sorry; so far each time I got a game from you I was taking advantage of some sort of discount and/or my friends money. I think this DLC will be the first time I actually directly pay you people some well-deserved money.

I think there needs to be a threat to stockpiled food. We all know that food in crock pots/ dry racks and farms does not spoil. Due to this it is possible to stockpile huge amounts of food with no risk of spoilage.

I suggest a raccoon type mob that comes periodically in growing numbers similar to hounds or perhaps their numbers are determined by the amount of food that could potentially be stolen. They do not attack the player they only harvest as much as they can before the player chases them out of their base. They will run when chased but can be killed /frozen to get your food back. Perhaps they only come towards the end of fall when food needs to be stockpiled for winter. Food contained in the fridge/chests are safe as an incentive to harvest before winter so the spoilage comes into play.

I'd like a STR mode where pigs vs merms vs beefalo vs hounds try to survive. Player have to choose his camp and can control the environnement as a god.

P.S. : I really hope the expansion will not only add new characters, seasons, giants as a big content patch. I though Klei wished a brand new experience?

P.S. : I really hope the expansion will not only add new characters, seasons, giants as a big content patch. I though Klei wished a brand new experience?

I think the giants and the new seasons will directly tie into that "brand new experience". You'll most likely have to plan your year differently in the DLC, due to the changed circumstances provided by the new seasons (i.e. having to deal with heat in the summer, which I still have high hopes will happen in this DLC), and many people are pandering to the idea that giants should be a threat to long-time survival strategies like dragonfruit farms or drying rack arrays, thus once again mixing up the experience with challenging your once secure strategies.

I agree that it should feel like it's own experience.  You have to keep in mind however we don't have any raw info on how this DLC is going to play like, so it could still be anything.  They did say "new systems" so there could be something special gameplay wise tied to these new giants.  ... That is the hope.

I think the giants and the new seasons will directly tie into that "brand new experience". You'll most likely have to plan your year differently in the DLC, due to the changed circumstances provided by the new seasons (i.e. having to deal with heat in the summer, which I still have high hopes will happen in this DLC), and many people are pandering to the idea that giants should be a threat to long-time survival strategies like dragonfruit farms or drying rack arrays, thus once again mixing up the experience with challenging your once secure strategies.

You can avoid any giant with a lot of tooth trap.

how about adding some trees witch produce fruit. Unlike berry bush, this tree is much bigger. I mean, very big, It produce fruit once a  year. something like this.

+trees can grow, it looks different in different seasons.

+trees can produce random number of fruit.

+you  can fertilize the tree.

+tree have guards to protect.

I would love several new biomes. Lava/Temperate Rainforest/Desert for example. I would also love a Yeti like creature who roams around stealing from your traps/food stuff from berries/farms. Some kind of Ape/humanoid like thing maybe made entirely out of hair or with like crazy eyes or something.

Archived