What would you like implemented in this DLC?

1. Something that makes raising small birds unlike stabbing yourself in the eye.
2. Another enemy that is like the spider but likes to invade like hounds, but can't do squat to walls. Maybe a more supernatural creature?

3. More Supernatural Creatures

4. Buff to Shadow Hands and Krampus, right now they its like fighting the ominous Jazz Hands and the Fat Burglar that you seen in funny videos on the T.V.

5. Continuation to the storyline?

By killing deerclops you can take it's antlers, and use them to make a bow. I know a lots of people wouldn't like it, and if it really has to be unique than other games WELL IT simply is (name it other than a bow). It is not ordinary bow cuz its not wooden

Hi developer I have some amazing ideal to share  with you. can I have your attention?

1. new  map create methord: use FRACTAL DIMENSION to create vivid terrain!(2D/3D)

2. add season effect to the game, We can see in summer, the entile world looks more red, the winter more blue of course, why not add an Green Effect in the spring and a ORANGE EFFECT in autumn? I't not difficult to make it right?

3. house system! the  player can have there own house, adding furniture, equipment at house, adding doors, not open-air.

4.gun powder, why not guns? we love guns. I will conquer this world with science! science and magic?

5. ride a hourse? It't fun in the Elder Scroll V.

6. mushroom farms, interesting just by hearing it.

Hi developer I have some amazing ideal to share  with you. can I have your attention?

1. new  map create methord: use FRACTAL DIMENSION to create vivid terrain!(2D/3D)

2. add season effect to the game, We can see in summer, the entile world looks more red, the winter more blue of course, why not add an Green Effect in the spring and a ORANGE EFFECT in autumn? I't not difficult to make it right?

3. house system! the  player can have there own house, adding furniture, equipment at house, adding doors, not open-air.

4.gun powder, why not guns? we love guns. I will conquer this world with science! science and magic?

5. ride a hourse? It't fun in the Elder Scroll V.

6. mushroom farms, interesting just by hearing it.

1. I'm kinda meh about the first idea

2. I like your idea and wouldn't be suprized if the devs already had it in mind, I would like at least one normal colored season though.

3. I don't really know how I feel about a home, if they went back and made doors that would be awesome but I don't think a house is really needed.  

4. If they put in the next tier of science machine I wouldn't mind this, a flintlock couldn't be that bad.

5. No, never shall I see or ride a horse in don't starve, If I do have a mount it will be a mighty beefalo and I will ride it into combat with giants!

6. If being farmer maggot is you cup of tea I suppose farm-able mushrooms would be a good thing, I wouldn't mind transplanting them for aesthetics  

Store food for now it is too easy. I'd like the Giants were attracted by our reserves and each of them had preferences. for example :

Giant winter look only meat , giant autumn honey , giant summer vegetables.

Sorry for the bad english and congratulations for the game.

Oh oh I got another idea! I want to see implemented events like there are setpieces now. Sorta like Wes but not necessarily tied to a character. Perhaps a small 5v5 army of merms and pigs charge at each other. or the Spring Giant picking flowers before seeing you.

moves slightly closer to you every day, barely noticeable not enough so that people won't think it's a bug. I think it'd be hilarious.

I keep on thinking of a Totally Normal Tree Giant, one that has Nightmare Fuel leaking out of it's eyes, a crow in its mouth, and a huge wooden teratoma on the back of it's head, the extra limbs splayed around.

I keep on thinking of a Totally Normal Tree Giant, one that has Nightmare Fuel leaking out of it's eyes, a crow in its mouth, and a huge wooden teratoma on the back of it's head, the extra limbs splayed around.

but what would it dooooo. I myself want something subtle to be added to the game that's never clearly explained, like the pelontrix but real.

4 gunpowder + papyrus + rope = dynamite.  As long as you have a torch in your inventory somewhere, you can throw it a short distance.  It will damage the worms and tentacles even when they're below ground.   In addition, upon exploding it spawns a bunch of rocks/gold and mabye other minerals.  Maybe even whole boulders.   Also destroys all the turf within a certain radius.  Will ignite things at the center of the explosion.

Add a red gem to the mixture and it become "pyromite".   Upon exploding spreads fire in a large radius.  Does not hurt subterranean enemies.    Still destroys turf, does not spawn boulders.

Oh, and mad science.

What would I like to see in the expansion?

- Magma caves! :D

- That heat system that was talked about that might've possibly replaced winter.

- To see the horrible monster behind the tentacles. The source itself.

- To see bits and pieces of the middle parts of the wormholes when spelunking.

- Wormholes in caves?

- Rabbits in caves? Like the small ones?

Yeah yeah... I know the focus is going to be on the upper world of Don't Starve, not the lower. :(

So other things, I guess then?

- A meaningful purpose for the Night Light.

- More neat weather phenomenon like frog rain.

- A crafting use for captured mosquitos and their sacks.

- A crafting use for captured killer bees.

- To be able to capture multiple different kinds of fish in ponds. Maybe different fish for different seasons.

- To be able to catch junk items from ponds. Heck, even a chance to fail when fishing.

- More uses for the walrus tusk.

- A construct that allows you to combine worn tools into a single tool with durability equal to the sum of both tools' durabilities.

- Curse items with nightmare fuel for varied and interesting effects?

- New plants to put in pots!

- Maybe a watering can that allows you to speed up vegetable growth or even regrow harvested mushrooms before rain comes.

- Maybe be able to make farm plots out of guano and have said farm plots be white instead of brown when placed.

- The ability to make chests that can hold more items.

- A more active role for the shadow watcher.

- A more active role for Mr. Skitts.

- New shadow creature types beyond just the terrorbeak and crawling horror.

- Maybe shadow hounds that are more deadly than the average hound and have a chance to drop purple gems on death?

- More setpieces!

- New crockpot recipes!

- A bucket and the ability to milk beefalos

- It's weird when fighting the Deerclops. Sometimes it looks like I should have gotten hit and yet I'm fine. Other times I look like I'm well out of the way and get hit anyway. I think there should be a better visual marker for the radius of his AoE, like a poof of dust that appears after he slams the ground, to better show just how much distance you absolutely need to have to dodge.

- Maybe use silk and papyrus to put drape-like designs on your walls to better decorate them. Kind of like those flag drape things that hang on the sides of castle walls. I have no idea what they're actually called.

- I think after you take a wormhole, the wormhole's entrances should be color coded so you can look back to it later and better remember where it led.

- Evil fairies.

- Evil gnomes.

- Pengull hat.

- 3rd tier mad scientist machine that uses the lightning rod for power.

- Science.

- Even more science.

- For science.

I'll bite.  A shady merchant who you can trade gold with for various items.  There could be some unique items and some of the annoying time/resource consuming craftables (walls).  Also more creatures that talk.  Like the merchant, new standard enemy types or even a boss like the theoretical mini mech master.     

- 3rd tier mad scientist machine that uses the lightning rod for power.

- Science.

- Even more science.

- For science.

Yes! Dear Maxwell yes, both another use for the lightning rod and a mad science machine. . . I think I am in love, with an idea!

Lava biomes.

Volcanic activity on the surface could be pretty cool. Especially if it was a world changing event that happened later in the game, or if it was cyclical or something.

Speaking of new biomes, I think I've mentioned this before, but I'll reiterate. I'd like to see water areas. Rivers, lakes, and such. I'd like to be able to interact with water in this world in a more significant way than just fishing in ponds. These larger bodies of water could make for more varied fishing, they could function as barriers until you can get the supplies to build a bridge or boat, and of course they could also be home to new creatures.

I feel like there's still more potential than I've touched on here. I wonder if merms would be more active and have more of a civilization in the water than in swamps?

Volcanic activity on the surface could be pretty cool. Especially if it was a world changing event that happened later in the game, or if it was cyclical or something.

Speaking of new biomes, I think I've mentioned this before, but I'll reiterate. I'd like to see water areas. Rivers, lakes, and such. I'd like to be able to interact with water in this world in a more significant way than just fishing in ponds. These larger bodies of water could make for more varied fishing, they could function as barriers until you can get the supplies to build a bridge or boat, and of course they could also be home to new creatures.

I feel like there's still more potential than I've touched on here. I wonder if merms would be more active and have more of a civilization in the water than in swamps?

Or perhaps it bring a new kind of race like otter people.  Their spawn homes are dens in the edges of the lakes.  They are fast and befriended by feeding them fish. 

Archived