What would you like implemented in this DLC?

Since he's a robot, maybe he shouldn't be able to use a meat effigy in the first place.

You know what? That actually sounds great. WX-78 has the power to become an all powerfull being, but in return it's unable to ressuscitate himself (I mean there's still the touch stones ans the amulet, but those things are major hassels.)

A legitimate reason for the cave splunking

- Ruins. Done.

there's not much of a need to go to the ruins either, just some tools to do what you already can do faster and with non-renewable resources

so it's still just go to the ruins if you want to go the ruins, not because there's some need to go there to tech up/progress

there's not much of a need to go to the ruins either, just some tools to do what you already can do faster and with non-renewable resources

so it's still just go to the ruins if you want to go the ruins, not because there's some need to go there to tech up/progress

Well, I mean.. that is true... I see the caves as an optional thing, much like anything in this game is optional. THe only thing you need to do to beat it is find the adventure mode door, and beat adventure mode. I always saw caves and the ruins as an extra chalenge for the people who were't getting chalenged enough by the outside world.

1. Character-specific idle animations. Let Wilson scratch at his beard if he's grown one, let Willow play around with her lighter, stuff like that

Oh man I'd love that. Wolfgang could flex his arms, Maxwell would probably put his hands in his coat pockets relaxed, or glance through some pages of Codex Umbra

But a lot of the things said in this thread do not really seem to fit DLC. Small improvements and minor changes to the core game should be for normal patches, not for DLC.

In no particular order:

1.New layers for science and magic. Removing the third layer made it much too easy to be able to make all the science items in the game, and the extreme effort it takes to make the shadow manipulator means you won't have one for the longest time. Ideal for a third tier, but there's no middle ground, and it feels weird.

2.New characters. I hope we get an 'original' character, rather than just a bundle of the unimplemented ones. I'm just not much of a fan of the unimplemented characters, don't know why.

3.More challenge presets, or perhaps a challenge mode in which your goal is to survive through several challenge worlds, a la adventure mode, however there is no end to it. I quite like the adventure mode maps, so seeing more stuff like that would be fun.

4.Vanity! I'm a very vanity-minded person in games, and I love having clothing and other knick-knacks with little purpose other than making your game be more personalized. More luxurious, real world clothing, like the dapper vest and top hat, would be great. Or, for instance, furniture. I don't know why but it's bugged me since day 1 that Wilson & friends are stuck standing on their feet all the time, and their bases are never furnished. Furnishings make sense for someone being forced to make this land their home, and it could potentially provide a sanity boost when being used.

5.Pets! New little animals to capture and keep would be awesome. Plus, the rabbits are adorable, non? It would be awesome to be able to tame one by feeding it a carrot in your inventory, so you can have it wandering around being all friend-like rather than sitting in a chest where it won't run away. Perhaps you could name rabbits and caged birds? A person in a survival situation certainly doesn't mind companions.

6.Improvements to the dialogue. No more generic, shared lines between characters!

7.A second tier of chest. The eventuality of having an army of chests and having to hunt through all your items for one bit of kit adds nothing.

8.Something to trap those batilisks. I hate them. With a passion.

9.A cursor. I dunno why, but I just would really like a little brown cursor that fits in, and let's me get into the game a little better.

10.Character unlocks. The addition of Wes requiring finding him made me hopeful for an overhaul to character unlocks. The experience system is rather basic and you'll have the entire bunch in a few runs of the game. Perhaps you could complete special, themed challenges to unlock a character? For instance, a fire based challenge must be completed before you get Willow. This would give us more to do in the game, and would give much more substantiality to getting a character.

Now I'll indulge in my extremely fanciful ideas, which I hold no pretentions that they are easy or likely to be done:

1.A house. People have wanted this for about forever, and I do as well. I've always wanted to live in that delightful little hovel Wilson dwelled in in the origin trailer, and all of us have been jealous of those pigs and their houses, housing it up all over the place. Let me in!

I have two ideas how this could work. The first is rather absurd, but I imagine a sort of first person view. Not one in motion mind. I think the best simile is that one horror, browser game, the House, where you click around the environment, and click to go to a different room and stuff. You could have separate rooms for all your stuff, like a laboratory, or a kitchen, and furnishings (sorry, more vanity stuff :wilson_laugh: )

The second idea, and a much more do-able one, is to have the house be a 'portal', like the sinkhole. It would then be bigger inside and play like the rest of the dimensions, except, y'know, more housey. To keep people from spending all day inside, make the house unsafe in ways. Have spiders creep in. Have the hosue be creepy (Being alone in a hosue is EXTREMELY creepy, especially at night). Have hallucinations be more intense, standing at the windows, etc.

2.A character creator. Again, I said fanciful, unlikely ideas. The ability to select a boy or girl, have some different hairstyles, head shapes, clothing kits, etc, would be awesome, and circumvent the character selection growing stale.

3.Devices! We're a scientist, and scientists tend to invent to make life easier. For instance, what about a machine that autoshovels logs, charcoal, or other flammables to kindle your fire for you?

I don't expect any of these ideas to be implemented in this DLC, but I certainly would love seeing some of this stuff implemented. And uh, sorry if this post is absurdly lengthy. :wilson_laugh:

If you guys want a challenge, please just play adventure mode a lot of times until you find Wes. I'm not so good at this game, so what most of you guys are suggesting would make this game more harder than it is. I get it, summer is easy with no Deerclops and no freezing, but the point of summer is to collect and build stuff you need to survive winter and maybe autumn. Just my opinion, no offence. It took me 6 deaths to finally succeed in surviving for 100 days and I'm still alive, so I'm good as it is.

Now time for what I want:

1. A recipe book, MycoLogical is right.

2. Webber having the ability to make silk naturally like how Wilson makes beard hair naturally and having low sanity.

3. A giant in Autumn, NOT SUMMER. Maybe a badgerraccoonbeargiantthingyclops?

4. Make a lightning staff which can stun and damage enemies but with only 10 uses. Crafted with a spear and yellow gem.

5. Since winter is just staying in your camp and rarely fighting Deerclops. Make autumn all about fighting. Increase amount of mobs spawning (EXCEPT in caves, please no.) new mobs, that are not giants. =.=

6. WRITABLE SIGNS 'nuff said.

The most important this is that this DLC is worth our money.

Imma just throw together some thoughts I had. Sorry if I repeat something somebody else said already, I'm too lazy to skim through everything a second time.

1. Expand on the swamp and the whole Pigs vs. Merm story. I always wanted to see those two tribes battle it out on each other, and the merms adn tentacles and all those swamp-y things always just felt kinda unfinished. I'm not sure how I imagine this to work, but I'd like to see an army of merm charge at a pig village or vise versa in a big epic battle. Isn't it just so satisfying to see your enemies kill each other in Don't Starve? Also, I wanna see the bottom of the tentacle.

2. More individuality between characters. Seperate idle animations, a different meat effigy for everyone (and possibly that gear effigy people have been talking about), and some more voice lines. Little details like that would really add to the characters if you ask me.

3. Make the Breezy Vest more useful. Thats just something thats always been bothering me. Why would you make a breezy vest? A puffy vest is better in every aspect, and I always go straight for that instead of bothering with the breezy. I just cook up that trunk on a fire and eat it, its surprisingly filling. But with the new seasons, it would be cool if you'd have to use the breezy vest in autumn and spring nights, when the temperatures start dipping into the painfully cold, like you'd put a nomal jacket irl during those seasons, and a thick Wintermantel during winter.

On that note, something thats always been bothering me about Maxwell: He wears that epic coat during Adventure mode, yet he gets nightmare armor as his personal starting gear. Why not that coat? It could provide the protection of a breezy vest while also adding a tiny bit of armor, so frail little Maxwell won't have to deal with the giant elephant unless he really has to.

4. Update adventure mode. It just feels a bit behind its time now, doesn't it? All those new features have been added, like caves and such, and yet they use a dark surface area instead of a scary cave for the last map. It would be really amazing if we could have a couple more map types and possibly some Adventure-only enemies. On that note, I'd love it if this DLC would further expand on the story of the game aswell. Ever since praecantator stopped updating, I've been craving for more.

5. Expand on the caves. I still see no point in going down there as of now, the risk is not worth the reward in my honest opinion. Sure, that armor set is sweet as hell, but thats about it. All those magical staffs are too expensive to be worth making in my opinion, and the caves also still feel just a little bit plain. Okay, I admit, shiny red lines on the ground ARE cool. But lava ponds would be cooler. Well, actually they would be bloody hot, but.... you know what I mean.

6. More chesspieces. I love that entire chess theme behind the game, and the clockwork rook was the thing I've been looking forward to the most in the last updates. (and since I managed to destroy a bunch of killer bee hives with his charges and then watch him being stung to death by the hornets, I feel my excitement has been justified). I'd be really happy to see some pawns and maybe a queen added. The king is obviously Maxwell.

Or actually... In chess, when a pawn moves across the entire field, he turns into a queen, right? We as the player are obviously the pawns here. And the adventure mode levels could be considered tiles. And when we move all the way across, we replace Maxwell. But a pawn can't turn into a king... so mabye Maxwell was the queen all along? ... ... ... Nevermind.

Oh! As for a specific giant I'd like to see, I want something dragonish. Not a dragon obviously, because this is Don't Starve, and we don't want any generic fantasy creatures here thanks. But I'm sure we could have some sort of bizarrely creative combination of creatures that still resembles a dragon, and I think that would be cool.

Oh! As for a specific giant I'd like to see, I want something dragonish. Not a dragon obviously, because this is Don't Starve, and we don't want any generic fantasy creatures here thanks. But I'm sure we could have some sort of bizarrely creative combination of creatures that still resembles a dragon, and I think that would be cool.

A badger dragon.....  :wilson_cool:

If they added the Screecher into don't starve I would fall over and die.

And i would place fire pits everywhere around my camp and every night burn plenty o' logs. And also chew a candy to sothe my nerves.  :spidercowers: Though screecher is a great idea, i want him added

Quetzalcoatl?

If you guys want a challenge, please just play adventure mode a lot of times until you find Wes. I'm not so good at this game, so what most of you guys are suggesting would make this game more harder than it is. I get it, summer is easy with no Deerclops and no freezing, but the point of summer is to collect and build stuff you need to survive winter and maybe autumn. Just my opinion, no offence. It took me 6 deaths to finally succeed in surviving for 100 days and I'm still alive, so I'm good as it is.

Now time for what I want:

1. A recipe book, MycoLogical is right.

2. Webber having the ability to make silk naturally like how Wilson makes beard hair naturally and having low sanity.

3. A giant in Autumn, NOT SUMMER. Maybe a badgerraccoonbeargiantthingyclops?

4. Make a lightning staff which can stun and damage enemies but with only 10 uses. Crafted with a spear and yellow gem.

5. Since winter is just staying in your camp and rarely fighting Deerclops. Make autumn all about fighting. Increase amount of mobs spawning (EXCEPT in caves, please no.) new mobs, that are not giants. =.=

6. WRITABLE SIGNS 'nuff said.

The most important this is that this DLC is worth our money.

Low sanity? NO WAY! He can't have low sanity, because of his monstrous apearance, more likely his sanity would drain near peacefull things like rabbits, beefalos... And if you think mob spawn rate is  to small for you make it bigger in world settings.

Highly anticipated giant fire-breathing turtle, perhaps?

Hi all :)

I'd like to see connection of underground with outdoors. We should need to go there for some materials or accomplish some goals and then return. So we would prepare to go there, return, try to survive giants and then venture even lower. 

Moreover - I'd like to building actually be constructed, which should take time. More animations - different for building fireplace, different for building farm, gathering, etc. More variations when gathering - biggest tree should have some variation in how many chops we need to take it down and how many logs we get. These are a little tweaks for more fun :)

More enemies! And more neutral but dangerous creatures like twisted bear-like creatures which attack when hungry (can eat berries and rabbits and such...).

We should have more interaction between creatures - fear, disgust, hate, for example - beefaloes should attack dogs but fear bear-like creatures and try to stay away but attack if necessary some other skunk-like monstrosity (which could poison enemies).

I'd like to see that expansion is slower - game at the beginning is too easy (for me of course - I don't brag, i'd like to see more challenges in gathering necessary materials or just have more of them to actually be able to create structures.

More attributes for characters - thirst, stamina (we can get tired - after building, gathering, fighting, etc. which would result in being slower and weaker), disease, wound (we can get sick and bleed to death ;) ).

There are maaaany ways to make Wilson's life unpleasant >:)

PS.

Sorry for my bad english ;>

Hi all :-)

I'd like to see connection of underground with outdoors. We should need to go there for some materials or accomplish some goals and then return. So we would prepare to go there, return, try to survive giants and then venture even lower. 

Moreover - I'd like to building actually be constructed, which should take time. More animations - different for building fireplace, different for building farm, gathering, etc. More variations when gathering - biggest tree should have some variation in how many chops we need to take it down and how many logs we get. These are a little tweaks for more fun :-)

More enemies! And more neutral but dangerous creatures like twisted bear-like creatures which attack when hungry (can eat berries and rabbits and such...).

We should have more interaction between creatures - fear, disgust, hate, for example - beefaloes should attack dogs but fear bear-like creatures and try to stay away but attack if necessary some other skunk-like monstrosity (which could poison enemies).

I'd like to see that expansion is slower - game at the beginning is too easy (for me of course - I don't brag, i'd like to see more challenges in gathering necessary materials or just have more of them to actually be able to create structures.

More attributes for characters - thirst, stamina (we can get tired - after building, gathering, fighting, etc. which would result in being slower and weaker), disease, wound (we can get sick and bleed to death ;) ).

There are maaaany ways to make Wilson's life unpleasant > :-)

PS.

Sorry for my bad english ;>

I think they should add water, a thing that MAKES the player go near ponds. They could make the break the ice mod official and make it so gathering water in the winter  lowers your heat.

If I'm not mistaking, the devs said they didn't want to add too many attributes, because it would create unnecessary micromanagement.

Quetzalcoatl?

I just studied that guy in history. A little too gruesome for my tastes. How about something like a chinese dragon? Maybe it flies and you have to use ranged weaponry to slay it.   :grin:

...Speaking of ranged weaponry, a simple bow and arrow would suffice for me. :> plzklei

Archived