What would you like implemented in this DLC?

The developers are watching us and want our imput so I would like to start a thread where we can discuss anything we want in the game; rather than just characters. I'll update this first post so the developers can have a concentrated list of our wishes.

So I'll begin, I would like this DLC to bring:

Update on the old:

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

The inclusion of dawn in the world that is the same amount of block space as dusk. It is odd that the sun just appears straight after night.

A legitimate reason for the cave splunking

Little hints about the character's past lives; maybe from unique observations or certain triggers

A recipe book; each recipe you make gets added so you can have the combinations ready for you to see

More varied and detailed locations for teleportato pieces

The ability for chess pieces to respawn on the map

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

New:

New biomes such as a desert, nightmare world, chess land (like in story mode, not just one specfic patch in the map), tundra and rubble of a town

A merm king and the ability to befriend merms and as such the ability to crown one of the two kings (pig and merm) as leader!

A giant for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter (though I am sure that is gonna happen!)

1. A unique benefit to using the Teleportato so I'm not just re-rolling for a new world with some extra items in my pocket. Perhaps the ability to bring character items through worlds? Having an inactive Lucy (or an active Lucy with unique dialogue) as someone other than Woodie would be pretty great.

Having the science items commonly thought of as useless (Rainometer, Winterometer, etc.) reworked to function with the new mechanics that are going to be added would be just gravy.

Character-specific idle animations. Let Wilson scratch at his beard if he's grown one, let Willow play around with her lighter, stuff like that.

I suppose I could throw this in as well.

Mostly a fully fledged Autumn season with new weather cycles/dangers and possibly some spring only events to make a full cycle of seasons. I always found it a shame that only summer and winter have gotten their features and time in the spotlight.

Some general giants that aren't tied to a particular season.

Wallace

The Mad science machine

More varied threats(maybe a hungry hound wave that goes after storage with food in it.) things like that

Adventure mode worlds that involve the caves and new stuff added by the dlc.

Little hints about the character's past lives; maybe from unique observations or certain triggers

by that you mean the lives the characters has in the world before they die(like if you die and create a new world there will be hints about your last world), or in the lives they had in the real world before being brought to the DS world?

I think the most important is to implemente unforeseeable events in the idea of the Deerclop ! In fact, after 100 days, it's too easy to survive because of the amount of ressources collected. Events like the Deerclop could be ways to make important disruptions in the game and forced you to change your habits.

Else, I expect we will get the four seasons, the possibility to write on the signs !

For the rest, I have confidence in you guys :friendly_wink:

by that you mean the lives the characters has in the world before they die(like if you die and create a new world there will be hints about your last world), or in the lives they had in the real world before being brought to the DS world?

Their lives in the real world

1) Have an Option to turn On and Off a map, would make a game much harder without a map

2) A bird in a cage dies when a season changes, so for example i have a Summer bird in my bird cage, but as soon as winter comes, bird dies

3) Make it so that rain Stops open fire, because it's quite annoying when a Lightning strucks a tree in a forest and everything just burns out, either make rain to stop open fire, or just reduce a range of a fire spread

4) Have a small chance of lightning striking a character if he's staying at open area, like Savanna

5) Option to sleep in Pig's house in exchange for some Meat or Gold or something

6) Maybe make Diseases/Sickness? Would make Winter and Mosquitos more dangerous

7) Add heat waves and other Natural disasters

The inclusion of dawn in the world that is the same amount of block space as dusk. It is odd that the sun just appears straight after night.

-This seems very much useless. What would be the point?

A legitimate reason for the cave splunking

- Ruins. Done.

-Now THIS, I like.

A recipe book; each recipe you make gets added so you can have the combinations ready for you to see

-DOn't see the point, care to elaborate?

More varied and detailed locations for teleportato pieces

-That seems fine, but all around useless.

- Sounds interesting, but how about all the "OMG WX-78 IS OP WITH ALL THOSE GEARS" comments that that would provoque? :/

1. A unique benefit to using the Teleportato so I'm not just re-rolling for a new world with some extra items in my pocket. Perhaps the ability to bring character items through worlds? Having an inactive Lucy (or an active Lucy with unique dialogue) as someone other than Woodie would be pretty great.
  2. Having the science items commonly thought of as useless (Rainometer, Winterometer, etc.) reworked to function with the new mechanics that are going to be added would be just gravy.
  3. Character-specific idle animations. Let Wilson scratch at his beard if he's grown one, let Willow play around with her lighter, stuff like that.
  4. I suppose I could throw this in as well.

1. I agree- there needs to be some other point to the telething! But I don't like the idea of characters getting other items- especially because not all characters have a specific item. People would just try to jump between worlds with all the item-owning characters so they can have them all.

2- I find the winterometer to be pretty usefull! But yeah, the rainometer is just deadspace at the moment.

3- tweaks like those would make me happy.

4-really like that idea. I think it should be EXTRAORDINARLY hard to make though. Gears don't cut it, I think you'd need some materials that you can only find on the ruins, like thulecite or something.

- Sounds interesting, but how about all the "OMG WX-78 IS OP WITH ALL THOSE GEARS" comments that that would provoque? :/

Maybe if this was implemented we could try to figure out a way to take away gears from WX-78 in order to make them substantially more important for him to locate and collect on a regular basis. Possibly dying taking a few gears away as extra punishment?

1) Have an Option to turn On and Off a map, would make a game much harder without a map

2) A bird in a cage dies when a season changes, so for example i have a Summer bird in my bird cage, but as soon as winter comes, bird dies

3) Make it so that rain Stops open fire, because it's quite annoying when a Lightning strucks a tree in a forest and everything just burns out, either make rain to stop open fire, or just reduce a range of a fire spread

4) Have a small chance of lightning striking a character if he's staying at open area, like Savanna

5) Option to sleep in Pig's house in exchange for some Meat or Gold or something

6) Maybe make Diseases/Sickness? Would make Winter and Mosquitos more dangerous

7) Add heat waves and other Natural disasters

1-Don't use a map. Done.

2- That sounds HORRIBLE :( I wanna have my lil Robin all the time!

3-100% agreed

4- ist' there already a chance?

5- That seems OP'd :/

6- Disease caused by Mosquitos could be pretty cool. If you are sugesting some sort of cold for Winter though, YOU ARE A MAD MAN!

7- Yeah, I reckon Giant THings stomping around in the world would fall into that category :D

Maybe if this was implemented we could try to figure out a way to take away gears from WX-78 in order to make them substantially more important for him to locate and collect on a regular basis. Possibly dying taking a few gears away as extra punishment?

That could be it. Although I AM constantly dying and always have a meat effigy up, I know some players don't do that and like to play the "You're dead, YOU'RE DEAD." game, so that would be pretty useless for them.

Unless the upgrades the gears provide could just slowly degrade over time? Or maybe make the halth upgrade something not permanent, something along the likes of the blue hearts in Binding of Isaac.

That could be it. Although I AM constantly dying and always have a meat effigy up, I know some players don't do that and like to play the "You're dead, YOU'RE DEAD." game, so that would be pretty useless for them.

Unless the upgrades the gears provide could just slowly degrade over time? Or maybe make the halth upgrade something not permanent, something along the likes of the blue hearts in Binding of Isaac.

Since he's a robot, maybe he shouldn't be able to use a meat effigy in the first place.

Archived