What type of giants should there be?

Nightmare Giant. I know I already suggested it, but that was in another thread(http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31129-what-types-giants-do-you-think-will-be-in-reign-of-giants/). Personally I feel that the hallucinations as a monster category could use a little bit more diversity, and personally I think a giant would be able to suffice for that role.

I been thinking, do they all need to be super big serious/scary ones?  Could there possibly be this little guy in a poorly cobbled together mech suit and when he's defeated he pops out running scared?  Or dare I say one that's actually kind of nice?  Not saying they need to go total BFG (Am I the only one who remember's that book?) I just want something that make's the cast of giant's truly diverse.       

do they all need to be super big serious/scary ones?

big

BIG

I think a giant technically has to be big.

All jokes aside, I think that is a pretty good idea. The only thing that bothers me is the word mech. It doesn't quite fit...

There is the clockwork tech and it could be a big suit.

You make a very valid point. A suit could very well work if stylized in the same way as the clockworks. Would it represent a chess piece is the real question, considering that as the purpose of all the clockworks to date.

You make a very valid point. A suit could very well work if stylized in the same way as the clockworks. Would it represent a chess piece is the real question, considering that as the purpose of all the clockworks to date.

He would probably be reduced to "chess piece boss rank" if you can consider the possibility of him being this failed giant experiment. Sad and frustrated, he uses brains to make synthetic bulk/brawn instead.  He is generally a laughingstock among the other giants and forced to hang around the clockworks.

... That might be a bit to deep at this stage, but that's how my minds been working with this. 

Nightmare Giant. I know I already suggested it, but that was in another thread(http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31129-what-types-giants-do-you-think-will-be-in-reign-of-giants/). Personally I feel that the hallucinations as a monster category could use a little bit more diversity, and personally I think a giant would be able to suffice for that role.

Agreed. Hallucinations definitely need more diversity.

He would probably be reduced to "chess piece boss rank" if you can consider the possibility of him being this failed giant experiment. Sad and frustrated, he uses brains to make synthetic bulk/brawn instead.  He is generally a laughingstock among the other giants and forced to hang around the clockworks.

... That might be a bit to deep at this stage, but that's how my minds been working with this. 

A bit too deep? Dude, in this game, you've just only uncovered the tip of the iceberg.  :lotsastuff:     

All horrible unfunny jokes aside, I think that would be a good giant. They could make it so that we would feel bad to defeat it. But we wouldn't because we get gears.  :wilson_cool:

A bit too deep? Dude, in this game, you've just only uncovered the tip of the iceberg.  :lotsastuff:     

All horrible unfunny jokes aside, I think that would be a good giant. They could make it so that we would feel bad to defeat it. But we wouldn't because we get gears.  :wilson_cool:

Somewhat feeling bad for him was what I was going for.  I just want each giant to have it's own unique feeling.  I'd feel disappointed if "Panger" boils down to Autumn Deerclops.  A big scary guy that spawn's out of nowhere to ruin your day.     

Somewhat feeling bad for him was what I was going for.  I just want each giant to have it's own unique feeling.  I'd feel disappointed if "Panger" boils down to Autumn Deerclops.  A big scary guy that spawn's out of nowhere to ruin your day.     

I think he might be attracted to fish by the picture. I don't like spawnable bosses much, though it would be neat if this Panger attacked Merm villages on his own though. Make the world feel more living and all. Klei did say that these creatures and biomes would interact with existing biomes.

Gojira  (>o<) /

no I fear that is too much. Altough we've already seen a glimpse of Gamera. But the idea of a sea dwelling giant which enters the land from te coast and wreakes havoc on the landscape before it enters the sea again surely has something to it.

Give it a feeling of lovecraft and I'm sure it would fit in.

reign_of_giants_by_milleniumcount-d752xs

Why?...Why...why...why...?

Wilson, January 2014

I think he might be attracted to fish by the picture. I don't like spawnable bosses much, though it would be neat if this Panger attacked Merm villages on his own though. Make the world feel more living and all. Klei did say that these creatures and biomes would interact with existing biomes.

Ooooooh!  Now that's interesting.  Finding the giant, leading it to the swamp, and then it just wreaks everything.  I wonder if the mob interaction's/animations are going to be enhanced.  Just got the mental image if it picking up and eating a Merm whole. It's like he's my new best frenemy!

I think that giant is suck a broad term that we can't really guess very well what will be coming. But this is a thread about what we want. I want at least one really big giant that we only get to see his feet on the ground, then we can climb up him on the moss growing on him. We can make him as a friend/enemy, but he is too weak to move from the mountain he is sitting by. You can give him food to rehabilitate him or let him die for a cool drop. As a friend you can come harvest moss off him (he still can't move, he is too massive) and deerclops is too terrified to come very close to him. As a drop TONS of meat, but 29 points of Naughtiness so Krampus will prob come unless you are perfect. Also drops some stone and marble that fall when he slumps in his mountain chair, maybe something else, just letting my mind run loose here.

but 29 points of Naughtiness so Krampus will prob come unless you are perfect.

For most of your post I just kept thinking "too much going on" but this 29 point thing sounds like a really neat idea. I'd love to see that on some new peaceful mob.

Archived