How the **** do I find Wes

So if someone asks for advice on how to deal with various things unless it relates to wes then that's ok. Its because wes is tied to a trophy that you think everyone who wants to unlock wes really means they want a trophy. Oh, unless they are on PC because there is no trophy with that so that's ok too, just give them a cheat code. I'll remember not to ask anything about wes in future.

No, I'm pretty sure they're calling Trophy Hunters "Trophy Hunters." Not PS4 users in general. 

I was saying it about Trophy Hunters in general, but they're welcome to feel attacked if they're so inclined.

So if someone asks for advice on how to deal with various things unless it relates to wes then that's ok. Its because wes is tied to a trophy that you think everyone who wants to unlock wes really means they want a trophy. Oh, unless they are on PC because there is no trophy with that so that's ok too, just give them a cheat code. I'll remember not to ask anything about wes in future.

Most people have specifically said it was for the trophy. Only a couple people have mentioned caves at all, much less the Ruins. If your goal is to sprint to unlock the Hard Mode character without even attempting to play through the rest of the game, you're probably only after the trophy.

Read through my previous posts on this thread you will see that I said I wish there was no trophy for unlocking wes at least then I could get a proper answer as to why I cant unlock him after completing the game with every other character. I just wanted to see if I could complete it with wes too. Is that too much to ask without people looking down their nose at you and assuming that your only after a trophy?

JoeW said Wade was going to look at the code to make sure everything's working properly, what else do you want? 

I was saying it about Trophy Hunters in general, 

Yeah that's what I meant. He seemed to have the idea that we were calling all PS4 users as a whole "Trophy Hunters" which as far as I know, this is not the case. 

Read through my previous posts on this thread you will see that I said I wish there was no trophy for unlocking wes at least then I could get a proper answer as to why I cant unlock him after completing the game with every other character. I just wanted to see if I could complete it with wes too. Is that too much to ask without people looking down their nose at you and assuming that your only after a trophy?

Everything you've posted so far has been reasonable and level-headed. I cannot say the same about others.

Having any strong feelings against Trophy Hunters is silly, but of course so is the idea of only playing a game to Trophy hunt. Note: I'm not calling you one. As a matter of fact, I've already agreed that Wes should be easier to find.

Most of the people in this thread, that are arguing with me are PC players. So frankly, your arguments are mute.

I don't expect anything to happen. Companies don't give a care about me or anyone else. They care about money and unless this affect there revenue nothing will be done. So I don't buy the products anymore and turn as many people on my side as possible.

These add nothing constructive to the thread, only serving to make people see you in a toxic light. Please consider why I've quoted these two specific things, and realize why saying things like that will get you an extremely negative response regardless of where you go. I'm sorry that trying to find Wes has caused you so much frustration, but refusing to listen to what people have to say because of what they use to play and making broad blanket statements about every gaming company under the sun won't win you any favors.

These add nothing constructive to the thread, only serving to make people see you in a toxic light. Please consider why I've quoted these two specific things, and realize why saying things like that will get you an extremely negative response regardless of where you go. I'm sorry that trying to find Wes has caused you so much frustration, but refusing to listen to what people have to say because of what they use to play and making broad blanket statements about every gaming company under the sun won't win you any favors.

But your wrong it was constructive. I've kept this page at the top of the forum for the whole day and people have notice. Now the devs may look into the problem. Reminder the squeaky wheel is the one that gets the grease. It mite work or it mite not but I have to at least try.

This thread...something else.

Am I the only one who finds the claims of "I've beat the game already" (or variants thereof, i.e. "beat it X times", "beat it with every character") comical? I've been playing the game on PS4 for a couple weeks now and by no means have I seen everything Don't Starve has to offer...but how exactly do you "beat" this game?

But your wrong it was constructive. I've kept this page at the top of the forum for the whole day and people have notice. Now the devs may look into the problem. Reminder the squeaky wheel is the one that gets the grease. It mite work or it mite not but I have to at least try.

Yes, it technically was constructive, but you did so by making many people hate you. Most of the things you posted were trollish ("Not being able to unlock all the content without a lot of effort is like buying a DVD with no sound", "Most of you just used console commands so you probably don't know what you're talking about", "(Insert general insult to the ethics and quality of Klei)" etc.), and you came across as very impatient. You could have also done something like this:

Step 1: Start this thread

Step 2: Learn of the supposed 1% chance

Step 3: Make a quick suggestion to raise it (Of course, without going into details about why, that's what started THIS up)

Step 4: Wait for the devs to come and notice the mistake with Wes and fix it

And none of this would have happened. Please, don't just resort to flat out boycotting the company.

Nah he's right though with the squeaky wheel. The loudest complainers are the ones that get listened to, unfortunately. Empty threats aren't necessary though.

This thread...something else.

Am I the only one who finds the claims of "I've beat the game already" (or variants thereof, i.e. "beat it X times", "beat it with every character") comical? I've been playing the game on PS4 for a couple weeks now and by no means have I seen everything Don't Starve has to offer...but how exactly do you "beat" this game?

Beating adventure mode would be my guess as to what they mean

Yes, it technically was constructive, but you did so by making many people hate you. Most of the things you posted were trollish ("Not being able to unlock all the content without a lot of effort is like buying a DVD with no sound", "Most of you just used console commands so you probably don't know what you're talking about", "(Insert general insult to the ethics and quality of Klei)" etc.), and you came across as very impatient. You could have also done something like this:

Step 1: Start this thread

Step 2: Learn of the supposed 1% chance

Step 3: Make a quick suggestion to raise it (Of course, without going into details about why, that's what started THIS up)

Step 4: Wait for the devs to come and notice the mistake with Wes and fix it

And none of this would have happened. Please, don't just resort to flat out boycotting the company.

First off, actually your trolling my thread. If you found Wes and or don't care about finding him, you shouldn't even be posting here.

Secondly, do you truly believe that if I did what you suggested anyone would listen. Sadly they wouldn't.

Thirdly, I'm not flat out boycotting the company, they fix the problem I'm back in.

Fourthly, I knew about the 1% chance before ever playing the game. But it's not 1%, there's a problem. Like I said before I've uncovered over a hundred maps. If it was 1% I would have found him by now.

First off, actually your trolling my thread. If you found Wes and or don't care about finding him, you shouldn't even be posting here.

Secondly, do you truly believe that if I did what you suggested anyone would listen. Sadly they wouldn't.

Thirdly, I'm not flat out boycotting the company, they fix the problem I'm back in.

Fourthly, I knew about the 1% chance before ever playing the game. But it's not 1%, there's a problem. Like I said before I've uncovered over a hundred maps. If it was 1% I would have found him by now.

1: Actually, the only reason I came here was to find out how to find Wes, and posted because there seemed to be a problem brewing. Also, allow me to quote your first post:

"I have been through adventure mode, up till chapter 3 37 times. This is ******* ridiculous. Klei entertainment you have lost a customer, and I would have bought the upcoming dlc and vita version if it happens."

I'm pretty sure that's bound to irk a few people.

2:The devs probably check the suggestion category. It was made to improve the game, after all.

3. I think that's a form of boycotting. Or a strike. Still, you probably shouldn't turn to either so quickly. That's just being impatient.

4. Then why did you ask how to find Wes then in your topic title? You could've said something about a possible problem with the 1% chance rate, since that would've suggested as such.

1: Actually, the only reason I came here was to find out how to find Wes, and posted because there seemed to be a problem brewing.

2: I'm pretty sure the devs check the suggestion category. It was made to improve the game, after all.

3. I think that's a form of boycotting. Or a strike. Still, you probably shouldn't turn to either so quickly.

4. Then why did you ask how to find Wes then? You could've said something about a possible problem with the 1% chance rate, since that would've suggested as such.

They mite check the suggestion, but you and everyone else knows that if it doesn't effect their bottom line, nothing will be done about it. There are countless games out there today that don't get fixed, because it didn't effect their revenue.

So what your saying is, I should buy the dlc and just HOPE they fix the problem. But if they don't, then I'm supporting a problem that I'm trying to fix.

Archived