Ace's Doodles

another woodie dump from my blog 

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS AU - He's a good guy but also a cannibal

Someone asked what the worst way to die is-  I said insanity. :T Tried to get that wonky color scheme that happens when you go nuts in the game. Like everything's washed out except the reds are REALLY BRIGHT and stuff.

someone requested a "man-bun"

Not red enough, needs more Willy in the the Wonky.

And the hair buns are Wickerbottom's legal field. :p

• Like 2

Hey!

So a couple months ago I received an event on my rp blog that switched Woodie and Lucy (Lucy had a body, Woodie was in the axe). 

While I believe in canon Lucy was meant to be the subconscious of Woodie, that he imagined for comfort in his solitude, on the rp blog she had to be a "real" person to allow for interactions. 

The story I came up with, is that she was a skogsra spirit that ended up in Canada (Lucy was never a human, her lines to me just made me think she didn't quite understand the human experience). She was trapped in a forest by a witch that wanted her to protect it. Skogsras, if you read the lore, while they ARE tree spirits, they are meant to interact with humans, often blessing their travels, sometimes falling in love with them. Lucy was not happy being trapped, so she inhabited the body of a local Algonquin woman (who had died in the woods she inhabited) to interact with anyone who happened to come close enough.
Woodie did, and she convinced him to free her by chopping down the tree she was bound to, but did not tell him exactly what her real purpose was. 
 It worked, but the witch found out and cursed Woodie in her anger. Lucy, seeing what she caused to happen, left the body she had inhabited and took residence in his axe, to help him, to repay her debt.
At least she was free to wander now, even if it meant being attached to Woodie. 

She is not dead, not trapped, it was her own choice. This is how I see it. 

Anyway, here she is for the event on my blog, the human form she took up for a short while.

delete4_zpswhwixwtw.pngdelete3_zpsapl0cn2y.png

delete5_zpsh0aafbx2.png

delete1_zpscl6bnx1j.pngdelete2_zps1h1mszdv.png

Edited by acemurdock
  • Like 8

I've never thought about Lucy that way...

And that last panel,the right one,some blood splattered effect on.Lucy would look like a murderer...Just sayin'...

Still,good art.

AND FOR SOME REASONS I CANNOT GIVE REPUTATION POINTS TO ANYONE WHEN I AM ON MOBILE

I've never thought about Lucy that way...

And that last panel,the right one,some blood splattered effect on.Lucy would look like a murderer...Just sayin'...

Still,good art.

AND FOR SOME REASONS I CANNOT GIVE REPUTATION POINTS TO ANYONE WHEN I AM ON MOBILE

I think the "Lucy is Dead" thing pervades the fandom to an odd degree. I've seen it done well, a friend of mine goes with that headcanon, but most of the time it turns the two characters into an unnecessarily tragic story on top of what they're already going through. 

Also it's not supported in canon, from what I've seen.

I wouldn't mind it, like I said there are some good stories that come from it, but the fact that it's everywhere in the fandom just makes me dislike it.

Please, other Lucy headcanons, please.

(Not to be rude to people who have developed stories surrounding her being dead, if you worked hard on it and tried to remain true to her character I have nothing against that, you did a good job). 

And yes, it would look like that, wouldn't it? XD Lucy can be a bit strange but I don't know about murder...

although she does have that one line from the shining...

• Like 2

I think the "Lucy is Dead" thing pervades the fandom to an odd degree. I've seen it done well, a friend of mine goes with that headcanon, but most of the time it turns the two characters into an unnecessarily tragic story on top of what they're already going through.

Also it's not supported in canon, from what I've seen.

I wouldn't mind it, like I said there are some good stories that come from it, but the fact that it's everywhere in the fandom just makes me dislike it.

Please, other Lucy headcanons, please.

(Not to be rude to people who have developed stories surrounding her being dead, if you worked hard on it and tried to remain true to her character I have nothing against that, you did a good job).

And yes, it would look like that, wouldn't it? XD Lucy can be a bit strange but I don't know about murder...

although she does have that one line from the shining...

My lore about Lucy?She is a talking axe,done!

I tend to keep things simple

Also what do you tthink if some companies make a film about DS?

I would love that :D

I don't think it will happen, but I would blow a gasket with excitement if it did.

Also, I could go on about the Lucy thing but I'm just gonna leave this here...

what she says if you haunt her...

woodie%20change%203_zpsyp2pztdw.png

Kinda puts it out there that she wasn't haunted before, as in, not a ghost. 

• Like 3

Rhodey makes unnecessarily grim backstories ouo

And have recently tried rethinking things .u.

I still love yours a ton

No, grim is ok! Like I said I like yours because you care about the characters for who they are and respect them, it works. 

The other ones I complain about are in pretty much any fanfiction where he appears, where the love story becomes the focus of the characters, and they warp their personalities just to fit that. It's just so...odd that it's so common. These are what I referred to as "unnecessarily tragic".

No, grim is ok! Like I said I like yours because you care about the characters for who they are and respect them, it works. 

The other ones I complain about are in pretty much any fanfiction where he appears, where the love story becomes the focus of the characters, and they warp their personalities just to fit that. It's just so...odd that it's so common. These are what I referred to as "unnecessarily tragic".

I know, I just notice I tend to have that curve XDD

Your's is super interesting because half that stuff I've never heard of and I could just sit there like a little kid listening in on story time.

Oh yeah, those. Heh.

This is why I've strictly had it that there WAS NOT anything really going on between em. Honestly I'd like it best, if she is a person, that it's just like a friend or something to that extent. I don't care to have more romance novels. @_@

Things I'm still trying to explain on the blog and need to rewrite.

God we are like big furry nerds

• Like 2

Doodle spam. 

-------------------------------------------

What a strain of bad luck you got. 

Do you remember the first step that took you here? 

When was it that everything started to go wrong? 

delete1_zpszrg4f7f8.png

A true hipster lumbersexual

delete2_zpsvbj2hlu6.png

A 100% accurate Wilson as observed in the wild 

delete3_zpsgus2l218.png

• Like 9

Get ya woodie a beardshave eh?

There was an explanation about why he's wearing no shirt, angry, and in the dark, but I didn't feel like finishing the pic, haha. Here he is with a shave and mad about it:

shave_zpstxr7qssv.png

and then to show that it's the same guy I drew a beard and hair floof over:

shave%202_zpssi9tgghi.png

Also, BEAVER SUPLEX!!

AND HIS NAME IS WOLFGANG! OHHHHH DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNNNN

beaver%20suplex_zpsigrmszk5.png

Werebeaver should probably be bigger but this was a lunch break doodle, probably won't go back to it. 

Edited by acemurdock
  • Like 7

Happy Shipwrecked early access day everyone!

shipwrecked%202_zpstoextr5b.png

Don't join a ship with Woodie as captain, he can't swim, and he'll eat the boat. 

(sorry guys haven't been drawing much at all lately, hopefully I can get the drive again...)

Edited by acemurdock
  • Like 8