Getting Ready for Reign of Giants.

Bryce

Actually, as I said it's not like I know nothing about games. Just that this type of game doesn't really make sense to me. The way it's programmed and why most of the images are shown as .tex files for me. I know this game is made by just moving images with layers, thought it's quite good, but still I don't get why the code is wierd and why most images are .tex files for me (I think).

Well, just saying making a new world if on the fence is a good idea, but only Klei can say if it's "mandatory" if you want to do the DLC with an existing saved character. 

Considering the fact that the DLC will include new biomes and more I would say that a new world is needed to experience all the new content.

Actually, as I said it's not like I know nothing about games. Just that this type of game doesn't really make sense to me. The way it's programmed and why most of the images are shown as .tex files for me. I know this game is made by just moving images with layers, thought it's quite good, but still I don't get why the code is wierd and why most images are .tex files for me (I think).

None of that, though, is really relevant to why we were quoting you.

(but for .tex files you might wanna use the search feature in the forums. they've been talked about in the past when people were taking them out and rearranging them to get glimpses of new content early)

Someone must now photoshop the cookie jar into a DLC jar for all to devour! Also each individual cookie must have the word DLC on it. This is a must.

tumblr_n0jxb61H781rk2759o1_500.jpg

Tadaaaaaaaaaaa!  Took some liberty and added a few more details to it.  Also apologies to the original artist if he sees it since I defiled it.

None of that, though, is really relevant to why we were quoting you.

(but for .tex files you might wanna use the search feature in the forums. they've been talked about in the past when people were taking them out and rearranging them to get glimpses of new content early)

Never mind. I've checked a bit on the programming and writing... I realised I can reprogram something without knowing what kind of programming language a file is (I've done that before with .xml files of World of goo game). But what I don't know is how to edit those .tex images, because if I'm gonna make a new character or a new prop or something, I'll probably need to make new images, so can someone tell me or gimme a tutorial on how to make new images and edit the current ones for Don't starve? That's all I need before I get modding :)

Imo it would be great to see a movie about all character stories, maybe them surviving

It's more of an i(m)*o.

* m = many

I'm already jealous the PS4 version got the ''Hidden Knowledge'' video built in.....-_-

If these weren't as work intensive, and therefore not cheap to make, as they are I think a short clip of every character in a survival situation would be marvelous ^o^

Not to speak of the origins, but I tell you what the uncertainty has a huge impact on the way we see these guys and girls....to make up stories and think about them...the more material we get, actually, the more this ''magic'' dies slowly...I'm really torn apart between wanna have more material and fearing it would be contraproductive.....

Archived