Getting Ready for Reign of Giants.

Bryce

New craftables you say. -crosses all fingers in hopes of mad science machine-

I think we alredy got one - it's a shadow manipulator. Unless you think messing with nighmares are normal :friendly_wink:

Is Wilson trying to make fish sticks in the poster? Doesn't he know it needs to be in a crock pot?

he's blowing on the fish so it cool faster :juggling:

I think we alredy got one - it's a shadow manipulator. Unless you think messing with nighmares are normal :friendly_wink:

That is a mad magic machine. There was talk from the devs a while back about adding another tier of science that would allow you to craft things that a mad scientist would craft, as opposed to stuff a mad magician would craft.

That is a mad magic machine. There was talk from the devs a while back about adding another tier of science that would allow you to craft things that a mad scientist would craft, as opposed to stuff a mad magician would craft.

well then that makes sense  :lotsastuff:

Hold on, what if I already have the game? You have to pay for the updates O_o ?! Well that's nice (not!). And kind of weird that you guys are okay with it. So how much would the update cost then?

All this is weird, I'm not used to knowing so much about THIS kind of games...

Hold on, what if I already have the game? You have to pay for the updates O_o ?! Well that's nice (not!). And kind of weird that you guys are okay with it. So how much would the update cost then?

It's not an update it is a DLC, something quite similar to an Addon but not as big normally. 

So you paid for the game as it is now. And the additional content will be charged again. Since we don't know the range of the added stuff nor the price it is too soon to get upset with it.

I'm sure it will be worth it. So keep your head up. ^^

No, it's not worth it! Those who get the game later gets it without paying extra! As updates (What you here call DLCs) are meant to be paid for then in the end you'll end up paying like 1k for the game, which new people can get for 10 quid. This game and forum just makes me think more and more: WTF?!

No, it's not worth it! Those who get the game later gets it without paying extra! As updates (What you here call DLCs) are meant to be paid for then in the end you'll end up paying like 1k for the game, which new people can get for 10 quid. This game and forum just makes me think more and more: WTF?!

Can the hyperbole, it's not going to help your case. Don't state opinion as if it's fact either.

Obviously you don't actually know what a DLC is, it's not just some slang term exclusive to these forums. Read this so you at least know what you're saying.

I hope this post gets viewed.  I was going to start my own topic, but there is just no way what I want to say justifies it.

Hi Klei!

Thank you so much for this upcoming DLC.  I love Don't Starve and still use the background(s) at my office work and have since 2012.  Some of raven's fan art remains my iPhone background.

I have not played since the inclusion of the caves, I imagine that is finished; so when I get RoG I am going to have a double bunch of Wonderful content to go through.

My only hope for difficulty, I am afraid may not be included, is for there to be more (random?) serious threats and adventure content for day 250+ sandbox worlds.

At least in the threat department, as I feel that once I got to day 100 (and then day 200) I was safe, and therefore, some of the magical fun of Don't Starve was gone.

I know it's hard to do without "cheating" us the player.  So good luck, and I have faith in you guys!

Thanks infinitely again,

Mich

For someone that pirated the game all the way up until recently, you really have no ground to stand on. and from your other thread(s) you don't seem to understand how games work anyway. Sorry.

Before you decided to buy the game, before you even decided to pirate it for that matter, there was a year of free updates chocked full of content. You didn't realize that because you just downloaded a torrent, but if you look back at update threads made by devs, you'll see it to be true. Business-wise, it's either make DLCs or move on to a new game. Either way, they have to make money somehow. I can only assume they enjoy making content for DS and thus want to continue improving it.

We’re currently looking at opening up an early Beta to those who really want to get involved as we build out content sometime next month.

Is there a link somewhere, or is this lovely beta curently not available? I've been looking for a good reason to try Don't Starve again.

Does anyone know if we are going to be able to use the Teleportato to generate a new world with the DLC? The reason I ask is because i've been preparing a world for when the DLC comes out so that I can teleport to get the new content. I just want to know whether my goal is in vain or not.

Does anyone know if we are going to be able to use the Teleportato to generate a new world with the DLC? The reason I ask is because i've been preparing a world for when the DLC comes out so that I can teleport to get the new content. I just want to know whether my goal is in vain or not.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to do that.

BTW, for those who avoid Twitter like the plague, the new trailer is here:

http://t.co/6OoHkJCRBG

Now the multi-quote replying:

All this is weird, I'm not used to knowing so much about THIS kind of games...

Can the hyperbole, it's not going to help your case. Don't state opinion as if it's fact either.

Obviously you don't actually know what a DLC is, it's not just some slang term exclusive to these forums. Read this so you at least know what you're saying.

For someone that pirated the game all the way up until recently, you really have no ground to stand on. and from your other thread(s) you don't seem to understand how games work anyway. Sorry.

Before you decided to buy the game, before you even decided to pirate it for that matter, there was a year of free updates chocked full of content. You didn't realize that because you just downloaded a torrent, but if you look back at update threads made by devs, you'll see it to be true. Business-wise, it's either make DLCs or move on to a new game. Either way, they have to make money somehow. I can only assume they enjoy making content for DS and thus want to continue improving it.

That pretty much summed it up. if you want to see proof while it is happening, look at Incognita Invisible Inc. It's still in Alpha and it's being updated about every two weeks. This, alone with their other games has gotten FREE UPDATES from six months to a year AFTER ITS RELEASE, and we're not even including Alpha/Beta releases here!

While I can't say i was watching this for Shank and Eets, it can be said for Mark of the Ninja and Don't Starve and now Invisible Inc.  So please (anybody, not just the poster of this) take a few minutes and check your facts before writing an opinion, especially if it's a negative wrong one.

While I believe this was true with the build architecture of the caves not having to leave the world in some releases (since it has its own separate generation,) normally for the game to generate the new updates on the (surface) world, you WILL need to create a new world or use the Teleportato to play the new features with an existing character. So if you were planning that leaving was a good idea, it is indeed a good idea.  

While I can't say i was watching this for Shank and Eets, it can be said for Mark of the Ninja and Don't Starve and now Invisible Inc.  So please (anybody, not just the poster of this) take a few minutes and check your facts before writing an opinion, especially if it's a negative wrong one.

Bolded the key word. It doesn't happen as often here as it does on other forums, which I'm grateful for, but when people start getting abrasive only to betray their ignorance on the subject they're arguing about it just.. it just..

On a related note, I think you may have misinterpreted Spinorex's question as "will I need to go through the Teleportato to get the content?" when it was more along the lines of "will going through the Teleportato allow me to access the DLC content, or will I need to start a new save file entirely?" I'm kind of wondering this myself, I don't want my current efforts to stockpile Ancient Items for Webber to end up being pointless.

Archived