Getting Ready for Reign of Giants.

Bryce

It would be perfect if they figured a way to spawn the new stuff on old worlds,like what they did with the caves. But i guess they won't do it this time...

It would be weird anyway: "Oh look,a new type of tree just appeared without reason"

I am the Lorax. I speak for the woods. -proceeds to murder Wilson for cutting down a tree-

I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues of their own you see. Damn it Leif not now! I am trying to prove a point!

• Developer

It would be perfect if they figured a way to spawn the new stuff on old worlds,like what they did with the caves. But i guess they won't do it this time...

It would be weird anyway: "Oh look,a new type of tree just appeared without reason"

That worked with the caves because they were generated separately to the upper world. Because the content in Reign of Giants is integrated into the world instead of being a separate experience, you will have to generate a new world to see it. That said, it is important to us that you don't lose your old worlds, so we're working on a system that will let you toggle the expansion off in case you wish to play the vanilla version of Don't Starve.

So guys do you think that all the new Giants (I'm assuming there's gonna be a few since it is called reign of Giants) will be considered boss monsters like the spider Queen, Tree Guard etc or just tougher enemies?

Personally I think that they will be more like the small tree guards in difficulty with maybe a few harder ones but have no idea what I am talking about or hoping for.

That worked with the caves because they were generated separately to the upper world. Because the content in Reign of Giants is integrated into the world instead of being a separate experience, you will have to generate a new world to see it. That said, it is important to us that you don't lose your old worlds, so we're working on a system that will let you toggle the expansion off in case you wish to play the vanilla version of Don't Starve.

This will feel somehow nostalgic then. Back in beta i used the teleportato a lot to get the new features of the updates. It's time to build it again!

This would be OP, i mean we already have orange gems and this would make it very easy to farm them. 

yeah,but you would still need to go down to ruins to craft the amulet/staff. Just this would be enough to balance,on my opinion.

Archived