The Great (Roleplay) Experiment - The Revival Has Begun

Tesability

(I was at school. I didn't have internet connection, or the liberty to take out my phone. Please, at least wait a day before complaining.)

Lament woke up in a small clearing in the middle of a forest. His mind foggy, he noticed two things, the fact that it was sweltering, and the fact that he was covered with a muddy substance that seemed to be clumping up and floating into the air. Another thing was odd. He was nowhere near his home. Then he remembered the hand. Looking around, Lament saw no sign of it. Tossing aside the less productive thoughts, he focused on the priorities set off to look for his home, if it hadn't been destroyed. And perhaps a puddle to wash off the mud he was covered in.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

((Low-tier, Spirit. Way to inexplicably undermine me taking the compass. Mneh.

And why do we still have no female characters? This is preposterous.

Also. For some reason, all of the text changed from what it was on this site, and it was making me absolutely crazy. I think I fixed it, and I hope it never comes back. Oh god, it was awful...))

(Well, there was an EXTREMELY high chance that you would probably just kill me after I gave it to you.)

(Yeah, we all had the text changes too. According to our overlord JoeW, it was a java error on the forums. It's fixed now.)

(Mneh? Keh? Nice frustration noises... Trying to imitate it irl, but I don't think it's working.)

(Say Keh like you would Meh, but with a bit of a smirk while you're saying it.)

(Damblit, internet. Okay, introduction GO!)

He felt like he was falling; falling into an abyss of the insane and mad, his entire being refusing to cope with him. His mind however, shattered moments before, slowly began to recollect itself, realization and consciousness returning to the owner.

-------------------------

Unconscious, a man lies on the forest ground, oblivious to the environment around him. Memories of failed experiments and resentment floated throughout his mind. Crazed whispers issue from the stranger's mouth at regular intervals, but, as they are meaningless, fade out to silence, with the occasional chirp of birds and the echoes of a standard forest. The silence begins to drawl on for a few minutes, broken and resealed by crunching of branches and ambiance. It is broken again by the man's muttering.

"Ow..what..happened?"

The man, now conscious, begins to sit up, leaning against a nearby tree. He examines himself over, checking for injuries and making sure everything is in place. He quickly gropes the insides of his sleeves, and his shoulders relax. Knowing that everything is fine, he begins to look around his clearing, bemused in this change of milieu.

"Where did I end up, I wonder."

Save for a bush with unusually sharp brambles and a large knot in a nearby tree, the clearing seems normal for a forest. The adult stands up, studying the area for an exit. When he realized he didn't have the luxury of an easy departure, the man begins walking out of the glade, looking for a path he could follow to civilization, perhaps.

(God, why is everyone on this thread up at a time that is late on my end?)

Edited by Pecival

(Hey. Was just curious if there were still spots open in the rp. As I've gotten more free time lately, I've been wanting to get back into it. Sorry if this is the improper way to ask. I didn't see any thing to indicate another way otherwise.)

(*sees Luggs* YAYAY! YOU ARE REQUIRED BY THE DOMINION OF MAXWELL TO JOIN! *gets bricked from off-screen*

*Neos comes into view* She should be ready with a post or two soon. *looks down toward Tes* Get up, Michele. *gives her a slight kick in the arm*)

-bows- Happy to be of service. Now to introduce my character. (Who is female cause it's a sausage fest here.)

Name: Evelyn Anna Lucian "Call me Eve."

Species: Human once. now corrupted by fuel

Appearance: (appearances have always been my weak point) She is 6 foot tall and lanky. Her skin is incredibly pale, almost see-through at times. Upon close inspection, marks resembling raw thulecite run through out her body. Her face is angular, with deep set eyes and and thin lips. Her blue eye are icey, sending chills down the spines of people who make eye contact. she has black straight hair that is like it is permanently wet, constantly dripping a black substance that vanishes whenever it makes contact with anything. Her clothes are quite tattered. She wears an uneven thulecite chest piece which has a large socket over the heart for a purple gem. "They fear me cause I walk the line. I resemble them but they know I am something more."

Personality: Cruel. Sadistic. Manipulative. What ever her personality was before, it has long since been consumed by her corruption. All that remains is her desire to grow stronger, to evolve and consume. She will manipulate others in pursuit of her goal. "My father tried to teach me about chess once. While the strategy behind each move fascinated me, the game itself bored me to tears."

Background: A name and a few vague memories. That's all Eve remembers of her past life before the Maxwellian Isles. A sick man in bed whom she called Father. Long nights spent over a chess board. A man named Maxwell, offering a cure to his suffering. Her fury as the conncotion ended his life. Then, nothing. She awoke in a field and discovered her current state. Through efforts of will, she was able to craft the chest piece that keeps her anchored to this world. By then, the old Eve had vanished. The new one was born. "My memories are like scraps of paper in the wind. Forever dancing just out of reach."

Traits:
~Pros~

Total Genetic Reconstruction: Eve can regenerate from any wound. From knitting skin back together to regrow entire limbs. However, each regeneration is more monstrous  than the last. "What doesn't kill me makes me stranger."

Thulecite Hardening: Due to her nightmare fuel infused nature, the thulecite chest piece she wears has begun to merge with her. This gives her more resilient flesh and has deadened her nerves. "I feel nothing. Not the chill of the wind or the warmth of the sun."

Corrosive Soul: Her nature as nightmare fuel is corrosive to the nature. Physical contact with her results in slimy black "burns" on what she touched. This only applies to the living or once living. Ex: She is corrosive to trees and the branches of used in spears but she can come in contact with stone or clockworks without damaging them. Exceptions to this rule are mandrakes, Deerclops eyes, and minotaur horns. "And I shall be a blight upon the earth. And everything I touch shall wither away and die."

~Cons~

Unstable Matter: Without a purple gem to anchor her body, she begins to scatter and will lose her corporeal form. One gem can keep her anchored to the corporeal realm for a day. "For most, purple is insanity. For me, it's the anchor to the world I know."

Corrosive Soul: This is just as much a negative as it is a positive. Unable to touch anything that has/had life.

On-hand Items: One additional purple gem

The blue and white hound scampered out of another hole before gathering solid footing on the ground below. It had a task to complete, and only by finding its target will this be completed. It didn't take long to find a pair of males away from the group that had currently been set ablaze by the rest of the pack, either.

Giving a solemn nod to the blaze in the distance, the icy hound ran away from it and toward another area, one that wasn't being burned to the ground. Among the greens did the canine see its target...and one other unneeded issue.

With a deep inhale did the full-grown pup start before blowing it all out of its lungs, chilling deeply the nearby air enough to form low-lying snow clouds around the area. Any heat in the nearby area had now ran off for its existence elsewhere. After a few seconds did the hound begin to breathe in once more before exhaling, the white mist that came out began spinning around itself before becoming ever taller and ornate, like a person wearing a suit was being formed. After a few seconds did it disperse, leaving behind what appeared to be an icy statue of Maxwell...

...a statue that began to move on its own accord before petting the blue hound on the head. "I would suggest going back to the pack, Verglas, while I deal with him." After giving a brief bow, the canine scampered off before the icy Maxwell turned toward the direction it knew his target had been. "Time to make arrangements, then." Upon flicking his wrist did an ornate walking cane appear in his hand before he started to walk toward the two males in view, whistling cheerily as it did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The false Ninetales and the Fire Hound were in fierce combat with each other, paw and flame met with rapid exchange. It was a minor miracle that neither combatant was burnt or rendered furless as the flames dangerously spread throughout the surrounding area. However, neither one of them expected company in the form of a solid shadow.

A shadow that grabbed the fire hound by the throat.

The trio was sent spinning over each other by the sudden tackle before the Ninetales managed to shakily get up onto its feet, seeing the red and yellow canine held lifeless to the ground by the shadow hound. Giving its new partner a single nod, its long ears perked up at the sound of incoming paws, the regular hounds. After a brief moment of thought among the flame, it remembered one of its abilities and began to smirk.

There's nothing quite like starting up a little confusion, now is there?

Giving its nine tails a swish, a blackish-purple light began to emerge from them before separating from their host, flying toward many in the pack that had come after them. Hopefully, these black bits of energy would smack their targets and cause the hounds to destroy themselves, if not each other...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What is that?!" Isaac had just caught the Ninetales using a strange form of energy attack, one that looked just a little too similar to the insane energy of this reality. Seeing how the energy afflicted the ones it connected with, confusing them and making the affected hounds unable to determine friend or foe, Isaac knew it was time to go.

The doctor had been noticing a pattern, a certain Ditto had this bad habit of making things a whole lot worse than they should be! "If you can't stand the heat, follow me!" Isaac cried out before starting to run fron the spreading wildfire, not eager to even part-way melt because of it.

(The situation. Much hectick. Very akshun. Wow.)

The other people were trying to escape. Why were they running? Didn't they like the fire? Couldn't they feel the power? No... They couldn't. They were different from Simon. They didn't understand. Simon could burn everything. Make everything into ash, because he had enough power. But the others didn't understand. Simon could help. Simon could fix it. He would make them understand. He would make them know his power. He would make them burn.

Simon snarled at Isaac. "Wait! Stay and play!" Re-igniting his hands, he launches orbs of fire at the man, exploding the ground around him and lighting the surrounding area ablaze. "Can't you feel the heat? Don't you want the fire?" Simon sprinted after Isaac, leaving footprints of ash where there was once grass. With a laugh, a large amount of flame began collecting in his arms. He was amassing something that would have catastrophic effects. However, as the large flame neared completion, Simon's strength ran out. The flame that he had been collecting dispersed into the air, and Simon fell flat on his face, unconcious.

(Dangit Simon why you gotta be so useless all the time.)