The Great (Roleplay) Experiment - The Revival Has Begun

Tesability

Just add these:

(This one goes for positives)

An Acute Sense of the Paranormal:

West has the ability to see ghosts, spirits, and the like. He can also tell when something is off with something else, when it's paranormal or something similar to that.

(This one goes for negatives)

Untrustworthy:

West often lies, which causes many people not to believe him. The few people who do are the most untrustworthy or genuinely insane people in a group.

"I do not know why these fools think they can change the rules of my world as they wish, but I will be teaching them a fine lesson about not doing it," Maxwell growled to himself as he drank his iced tea with the help of the Hands, the cool beverage doing nothing to cool down the man's building temper. "Well, they'll get their lesson soon enough."

On almost all the boards did the black pawns turn into viscious canines, with only David's board being unaffected. Upon the boards that the dogs showed up on, three extra pieces changed as well.

"Feu, Verglas, Entendre," Maxwell started. "You three know your tasks..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Grass crunched under their feet as the pack of black ran through the trees, the thrill of the hunt pushing them forward toward their unknown target under the shadow of the many leaves. There were 10 of the black canines, though they were led in the chase by three odd creatures.

They were still also canines themselves, but all three were altered and changed in differing ways.

The one on the front right embodied flame, its fur the blending colors of red and gold with pure white eyes. It gave off an aura of heat immediately around itself to lend to the feeling of being able to burn just by being nearby, just like the grass under its paws became ash the moment it touched it. It looked bulky and strong, front fangs similar to those of the sabretooth tiger. It was possible it could be hit by a wrecking ball and still be left standing.

The one on the front left would make you shiver on its sight, dark blues and white blending together in the same way with black eyes. Like its counterpart, it gave off a cold feeling around itself, cold enough to possibly freeze. Ice was left behind in its steps and it seemed less-muscularly-built than its apparent twin. Instead, it was built with a lean structure, meant for elegent movement and swiftness.

The one in the front center did not seem to have an apparent elemental affliction, its fur instead being shades of dark-purple and black with silver eyes. Structurally, it seemed not that different from the normal hounds, though the shimmer of its eyes suggest that it was more in-tune with the world than even either of the elemental pair just in front of it.

The sun, it rose far too early. The cold one of the trio immediately flinched at the sudden wave of heat it hadn't been ready for, while its double found itself running slightly faster than normal from the increase in warmth. The odd one of the three barked out something unknown at the ice canine, which simply nodded and retreated back toward a nearby hole that perfectly fit it.

The purple and flame dogs nodded to each other after their eyes met, a silent exchange made before the pack of twelve dashed ever closer toward their targets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Neos, wait!"

Isaac had turned toward the pale Ninetales just in time to see it rush forward without word toward one part of the nearby forest, where the doctor soon spotted the incoming pack approaching. "I swear he's got a hero complex," he growled to himself before closing his eyes and focused.

A flicker of shadow began to fade in an out of view before finally staying in the possible view of all. It began to enlarge and take shape, becoming more and more like a dog made of black mist. The elder gritted his teeth and started to sweat slightly when the creation gained a red tint for a brief moment before opening its eyes, eyes that one could stare through the front of and see nothing between the person and the ground.

The hound ran off after the creme fox before Isaac opened his eyes, stumbling for a moment. "I hope that fire resistance works..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Green eyes fell upon a flickering of black in the distance, hidden partially by the trees of the nearby forest, which made the vulpine growl slightly beffore running forward towards them. It didn't want the others to get involved in combat, couldn't afford to let the others lose more of their strength.

Flames began to lick up under its fur, small embers flying off and catching random areas of the wooden place beginning to alight and flare up. Soon, a good number of trees were turning into charcoal and ash while the fox had a full coat of flame around itself.

The flaming coat was supposed to keep it safe from the hounds. It hadn't expected that one of them would be completely unbothered by heat and fire, landing a sneak attack in the form of a bite to the shoulder...

Simon laughed, delighted. The heat. There was so much heat. And heat meant power. Yes. Heat was good. Heat was what he wanted. Simon surveyed the hounds, laughing hysterically. One of the hounds was making heat. That was good. Simon liked that hound. They could be friends. That hound liked fire, and so did he. The center hound was a normal hound. That was fine, Simon could fix that. It could be burned easily. Fur was flammable. However, the last hound upset Simon. As his eyes moved to see them, his laugh ceased suddenly. That was not a good hound. It made cold. Cold was bad. But Simon could still fix it. He could make it burn.

Simon raised both hands towards the freezing hound, so that they were parallel to the ground, and the orbs of fire grew outward. Ashes sprinkled the ground faster now. The water had stopped flowing around him, as Simon's body had been overwhelmed by the power that came with the heat. Simon's time was nearly up, however. Despite the warmth around him, his power wasn't infinite, and was running out rapidly. Simon didn't notice this, however, and showed no signs of his draining power. Fire ran along the ground, burning the grass in a seemingly impossible straight line. It was quickly headed for the blue hound. As it neared the hound, a pillar of flame erupted from the end of it, probably scorching the hound, certainly heating the area around it even more so than it was before with the drought.

(Sorry, Neos, if you didn't want Simon involved in it. Just could stop the fire. I suspect he'll black out by the end of my next post. I'll make sure the guy faces some serious punishment for this. Also, is my pyromaniac good? I tried for a more insane approach for the first paragraph, not sure if it worked through.)

Click

Click, click

Wojtek looked at his revolver in frustration, and the realization was horrifying. The metal, it was beginning to melt. He shoved the gun in his right pocket quickly, out of the way of Simon's flames. The heat was irritating, and quickly becoming painful. Simon was just a kid, it seemed, and Wojtek knew what that meant. Simon's decisions would only address what was right in front of him, without consideration for long-term impact of the well being of his teammates. It was the curse of being young.. Wojtek was familiar with that hazy thought process.

"Stop him, now."

Wojtek's left hand opened, the flat of his palm smacking into Simon's back. The funny thing about trying to treat a fantastical situation with a sense of realism is that when you think you're just a run-of-the-mill insane Russian you can turn out to be some sort of violent Mary f*ckin' Poppins with power bursting through your fingertips. Like Isaac said, insanity is power. Smacking Simon's back only served to amplify the young man's powers, and the already dangerous flames roared and crackled as they flew forth in uncontrolled bursts. The blue hound ahead of them disappeared behind the orange flames, the light exploding and illuminating everything around them. "..whoops. Sorry 'bout that." Everything in front of them was turning red, and it was getting harder to see Neos.

Edited by 23rd

The rasping had quieted down. Whatever was heading his way had moved off, likely in search of heartier meals. He likely wouldn't be enough to feed a very large amount of animals, he thought. The other group was probably their target the whole time. Now all he had to deal with was this other idiot...

While he was waiting for the creatures to finally show themselves, suddenly someone walked out of the trees and approached him. They were male, about his same age, and extremely tall, almost preposterously so. More importantly, however, they seemed to be completely disarmed. A perfect target. Before he could even say anything,  however, the man just started gushing completely nonsensically, rambling about things about 'maps' and 'them' and something about his compass being able to detect electricity- wait, what? His compass could detect things like that?

David glared at the compass, completely puzzled in how it worked, considering how he could get his hands on it. After a moment of consideration, he smiled lightly and gripped his sword, pointing it straight at the man's through, the tip of the nearly cutting into his neck.

"Your compass. Give it to me. Now."

((Consider this your only lucky break. If you weren't so new to the RP, I would have stabbed you and pulled the compass off your dying body. You were warned.))

(Again, Simon is incredibly in touch with the elements. And now that he's in that... State, the connection is even stronger. Basically, he could feel the cold coming off from the hound, and angered him.

That's my horrible excuse. I can feel the judgement beams through my screen already.)

"...Alright, here you go." West says slowly. Suddenly, the magnet stops dead. "Forgot to mention, it won't work for you." West says hastily. West took out a piece of paper, and a pencil he kept on him at all times. He began making a map, starting with this location. "Intriguing. It's almost as if this area has nothing in common with the rest of the world. It's like it just shifts from a swamp to a forest to... I dunno, maybe a savanna." He says, intrigued by his findings so far. "By the way, that blade right there? It could really stand to be sharper. You should stab whoever you got it from." Then he laughed, "Not that it would do any good." West scratched his neck, "Anyway, I really don't see how this is helping either one of us right now." 

((Low-tier, Spirit. Way to inexplicably undermine me taking the compass. Mneh.

And why do we still have no female characters? This is preposterous.

Also. For some reason, all of the text changed from what it was on this site, and it was making me absolutely crazy. I think I fixed it, and I hope it never comes back. Oh god, it was awful...))

Edited by ShadowDimentio