Don't Starve DLC: Reign of Giants (teaser)

JoeW

I'm not sure I'm happy that a dlc is coming, dlc generally means that the aspect of normal updates like adding new content is over, and I thought klei wanted Don't Starve to be adding new content forever...I certainly do.

They gave us a good 6 months of post launch additions, and that was more then I ever could have asked for, I am greatly looking forward to the DLC.

I'm not sure I'm happy that a dlc is coming, dlc generally means that the aspect of normal updates like adding new content is over, and I thought klei wanted Don't Starve to be adding new content forever...I certainly do.

like devin essentially said, the updates stopped when Klei said they would. DLC means it was no longer lucrative to continue doing free updates

I hope Autumn will be in the default game as well...

Uh, I kinda hope it won't be in the default game. Because if it was, that would mean it wouldn't change much and would probably be mostly cosmetic. I'm starved for something that actually changes the game.

Anyway, since they're probably adding autumn in the DLC, I wonder if they will be adding (an)other season(s) as well? It would be cool if, after you first start playing a world, each new season would make the game progressively harder.

Uh, I kinda hope it won't be in the default game. Because if it was, that would mean it wouldn't change much and would probably be mostly cosmetic. I'm starved for something that actually changes the game.

Anyway, since they're probably adding autumn in the DLC, I wonder if they will be adding (an)other season(s) as well? It would be cool if, after you first start playing a world, each new season would make the game progressively harder.

Well, it'd be similar to the dusk mechanic, in that it is an indicator of the approaching night which makes the transition easier for players to anticipate. I mean, one day it's summer and then all of a sudden stuff becomes white? You shouldn't have to track something like days; it should be more intuitive and integrated into the game.

Well, it'd be similar to the dusk mechanic, in that it is an indicator of the approaching night which makes the transition easier for players to anticipate. I mean, one day it's summer and then all of a sudden stuff becomes white? You shouldn't have to track something like days; it should be more intuitive and integrated into the game.

Yes, but I'd rather autumn was it's own unique thing and not just an indication that winter is coming. Isn't that what the winterometer is for anyway?

Yes, but I'd rather autumn was it's own unique thing and not just an indication that winter is coming. Isn't that what the winterometer is for anyway?

The winterometer fluctuates a lot and generally is not that great (or useful) of an indicator. Of course, autumn could have its own unique characteristics, just as summer and winter.

The winterometer fluctuates a lot and generally is not that great (or useful) of an indicator. Of course, autumn could have its own unique characteristics, just as summer and winter.

You heard it here first. The Autumn DLC is just a bunch of giant Autumn-colored leaves. The giant in the trailer was just a red herring.

Archived