The Binding Of Isaac Thread

DwerBomb

I've only encountered masks once, and I think I've encountered Bloat but I've never encountered Mask of Infamy.

well they are all alternate floor enemys that only show up on both Necropolis (alternate depths) and Utero (alternate Womb) the problem with the maks is just the fact that you always encounter a swarm of 4 or more of them and you can't kill them normaly you have to focus on their hearths to kill them for good problem is that you get swarmed by the mask (because they charge on sight) and widdle down your HP faster than you can look.

Mask of Infamy is just a Bossversion of those enemys just WORSE its not just that the boss has no healthbar (meaning you have no idea how low he is) he also has 2 phases. The first isnt that bad just shoot the hearth till it dies but phase 2 is ungodly. The mask can only be damaged on the back problem is that the thing moves around like a knight on steriods and never stands still. Also random direction change

Bloat while not as bad is also not so pleasent hes basicly a powerd up version of peep starting with both eyes out jumps more frequently (his creep also stays longer) and shoots lasers when your infront or to the sides of him meaning you have to eather angle your shoots to hit him or get behind him. Also his champion version can be a real pain since it creates the green explosions that the i think Vomitgapers is the real name shoot at you.

I just hope those 2 get a bit more balanced or at least the mask and hearths get a HP reduction because i find them to be the most frustrating enemys in the whole game

least favorite powerup: turning your tears into bombs

depends both Fetus items can be usefull if you get the right item combo (both profit alot from flying) and nothing is more fun then having giant homing bombs of massdestruction

I personaly found every shootspeed up to be rather terrible since its just a waste of an item since it eather replaces a better bossdrop (cat o ninetails) or a itemroom item (speed ball even if its rare as all hell)

Also in terms of use items it has to be Lemon Mishap i mean its barely usefull for the most parts and flying enemys don't care about it

Pageant boy. A few coins usually and it replaces a better boss item.

again an item where i say it depends since it can give you that few coins you might needed for the shop or that beggar you already spend 6 cents on. It can also be intresting if you get a D20 on the floor (again bisnal can do magical things with a D20 a D6 and a Habit) and reroll the coins into other stuff like golden chests.

Otherwise however its realy bad and maybe usefull if you want an arcade on the next floor

Jesus Mr. P, you weren't lying when you said Masks suck. I nearly died.

Also, summary on my last playthrough I just did, not going to list the items because that's way too hard.

I beat Mom and moved on to Utero, and ventured a bit before being killed by 2 Gurdy Jr's. I've learned quite a lot, and have developed a few strategies.

It's one of those games that I thought was plenty fun but has gotten an amount of praise that is way over the top. I feel like all the praise is what's turning me off of playing it more, actually. Does that make me curmudgeonly?

It's one of those games that I thought was plenty fun but has gotten an amount of praise that is way over the top. I feel like all the praise is what's turning me off of playing it more, actually. Does that make me curmudgeonly?

yes. hating things because they're popular is quite a weird but real phenomenon

yes. hating things because they're popular is quite a weird but real phenomenon

I think it's because I'll pick it back up again and just think "all the praise hyped me up for something more than this." My reaction is unfair towards the game itself, though.

Okay,so I beat Mom's Heart yesterday. How do I get to the Cathedral/Sheol? When I beat the heart the game ended. Do I have to beat it again?

Also, POLYPHEMUS OVERPOWERED. SERIOUSLY.

Near the beginning I found the I AM ERROR room, which had the Polyphemus in it and a crap ton of kick-ass pills. Also, to make you even more jelly, no Devil Rooms at all.

Okay,so I beat Mom's Heart yesterday. How do I get to the Cathedral/Sheol? When I beat the heart the game ended. Do I have to beat it again?

Also, POLYPHEMUS OVERPOWERED. SERIOUSLY.

Near the beginning I found the I AM ERROR room, which had the Polyphemus in it and a crap ton of kick-ass pills. Also, to make you even more jelly, no Devil Rooms at all.

Beat it eight more times, to be specific.

Okay, so here's another story of my utter stupidity.

I beat Mom's Heart AGAIN, but this time it was the "Isaac was good today" challenge. So I beat Mom's Heart, and the Chest appears. But so does a Devil Door. I didn't take any red heart damage on Utero 2, so I thought, well, why the heck not go get a final devil item.

I go in, and there's a trapdoor. I say "OH MY GOD! SHEOL!!" But being stupid ol' me, I leave the room for whatever reason. I don't know why I left, but I just did.

I was in no way aware of the fact that Devil Rooms close when you leave. No Sheol for me. I left, and the door was gone. I can't tell you how much I hated myself, so I just sighed and shrugged, opened The Chest, and got a noose and hung myself.

Fitting ending for the sheer amount of fail that just happened.

Archived