The Binding Of Isaac Thread

DwerBomb

THIS ******* GAME, MAN! THIS ******* GAME!!! ALL I WANT IS THAT GOD DAMN RELIC, AND THIS GAME IS BEING THE MOST **** THING TO EVER EXIST. WHY THE **** IS MOM'S KNIFE SO DAMN BAD?!?! WHY THE HELL IS MAGDALENA JUST NOT WORKING?!?!? WHAT THE ACTUAL **** IS WRONG WITH GAME?!!? I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW MANY PENCILS I'VE SNAPPED AND TIMES I'VE PUNCHED A WALL!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

THIS ******* GAME, MAN! THIS ******* GAME!!! ALL I WANT IS THAT GOD DAMN RELIC, AND THIS GAME IS BEING THE MOST **** THING TO EVER EXIST. WHY THE **** IS MOM'S KNIFE SO DAMN BAD?!?! WHY THE HELL IS MAGDALENA JUST NOT WORKING?!?!? WHAT THE ACTUAL **** IS WRONG WITH GAME?!!? I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW MANY PENCILS I'VE SNAPPED AND TIMES I'VE PUNCHED A WALL!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

What? Mom's knife.... Bad? Mom's knife is way too OP!

Also, Maggie is considered a bad character, because she doesn't do enough initial damage. She pretty much just backs on devil trades, but if you can't get them then Maggie is worthless.

What? Mom's knife.... Bad? Mom's knife is way too OP!

Some people aren't good using it, because sometimes the charging time can open the player to attcks, yes i know it does melee attack aswell, but enemies can come from behind the player.

She pretty much just backs on devil trades, but if you can't get them then Maggie is worthless. 

Curse rooms...

It's the darn charge time. 

thats why i see moms knife as a mixed bag in terms of playstile. Sure you have alot of dmg but you sacrifice your range for it.

Best items for a good conjunction with the knife imo are Sad onion, Skinny Odd Mushroom, all the all stats up, Squeezy basicly everything that increases firerate by alot. For dmg you just try to get pentagramm, inner eye, mutant spider or basicly every powerfull dmg modifier. Flying items also are a must have with the knife to be able to dodge better.

Maggy in my eyes is pretty decend yes she starts slower but with more health and the yum hearth (realy good in combination with the habit). Shes also the only char i feel good with taking early deals with the devil since you probably already have 5 HP at this point. Still you need speed and dmg to get through the game. Oddly enought it was with Maggy when i got the Mommas boy achievement (then again it was early WotL so it was clear that my run would be OP)

Maggy the same damage as Isaac: maybe you are confusing with Eve.

You sure? I've heard Bisnap talking about how she did not as much damage. Or was that Northernlion...?

For dmg you just try to get pentagramm, inner eye, mutant spider or basicly every powerfull dmg modifier. 

Mutant spider does not give you more damage, it actually halves it. The exchange is you get four shots. You wouldn't get four mom knives, you would just get half your damage.

Mutant spider does not give you more damage, it actually halves it. The exchange is you get four shots. You wouldn't get four mom knives, you would just get half your damage.

So you technically get double damage if all four shots hit?

intresting that i got all of those games exept teleglitch well probably says much about my taste in games

AND Dungeons or Dredmor which was that game that slipped by me...*goes to buy and loves Humble anyway* THANK You!

Fortunately, I set up weekly sales alerts about two weeks ago, but better safe than sorry!  Well, now with DS, Ingocnita Invisible Inc., Mark of the Ninja and all of these new games bought, I literally have no time to do anything but play games, oh well :-)

Archived