What's the worst thing that's happened to you in gaming?

Morgan17

A..

uh...

e-...

You do realise that there are the original bioshocks.

That are much better. imo

And infinite has DLC's that are kinda sequels...

I disagree. I think Infinite is the best one, slightly more so than the original and WAY more so than Bioshock 2. All were great though.

Well...actually BioShock 2 may be as good as infinite for me , but Bioshock 1 is still the best.

I agree that they're all great though.

Me, 10-foot-pole, not touching....

HL1, however, was way better than HL2. again, both were good

HL2 was nothing short of incredible (and the source engine has spawned a lot of fantastic things itself) but I agree that it didn't have the impact HL1 did. It seems a given that Valve won't release Episode 3 until they figure out how to replicate that impact.. rough.

Getting spawn-killed in ANY game makes me go absolutely bonkers. 

Also having no clue how the game works, learning later then facepalming at my stupidity.

For a game itself it would be getting realy far and then just die and waste your last life on a stupid obstacle. Or forgetting to save frequently and then die and loose about and hour of progress

Getting far in a game only to die and realize your last save was after the tutorial -_-

^^^These.

Also just playing really horribly in general even when you know exactly what to do. And when that horrible streak seems to go on forever. :'D

How far did you get? I had the same opinion when I was halfway through Normal.

But now I'm 463 hours in and it's growing...

I got to like... level 30 somethings. FPS's bore the ***** ********* *****  * ****  ******** Gravy ***** ***** ***** **** ******* ***** Mc'donalds ******* ***** ***** ***** *******  ****** **** **** with a side of ***** ***** **** ****** ****** ******* and extra ****** ***** ******* **** **** outta me.

I got to like... level 30 somethings. FPS's bore the ***** ********* *****  * ****  ******** Gravy ***** ***** ***** **** ******* ***** Mc'donalds ******* ***** ***** ***** *******  ****** **** **** with a side of ***** ***** **** ****** ****** ******* and extra ****** ***** ******* **** **** outta me.

I don't like FPS games and I absolutely love Borderlands 1/2 so...

I guess it's a matter of taste.

Not cool how Gearbox went full EA with the DLC's though.

Not even mentioning games that end on a cliff hanger and never get a sequel. (Mother 2 and System Shock 2)

Er, I wouldn't call SS2's ending a cliffhanger; it's more of a 'sequel hook.' The game's plot was pretty much wrapped up, but they put something else on the end so that, if they wanted to make a sequel later, there'd be something in the previous game to justify it.

Am I to understand that you finally beat SS2? :-)

Well...actually BioShock 2 may be as good as infinite for me , but Bioshock 1 is still the best.

I agree that they're all great though.

can only agree Bioshock one is so good in terms of ways to play (like a stealthy wrench assasin or you just go gunho into every room) Bioshock 2 is also pretty good and you realy feel like playing a Big Daddy can't say much about infinite since im not realy far into the game but so far its fun.

Borderlands 2. Everyone said it was a super-amazing, unique game that was nothing like any other FPS...

attachicon.gifFacepalmWilson.png

Same s*** as any other FPS, different cover.

Compared to most other mainstream shooters Borderlands 2 feels like a gift from the developergods. Sure its just the normal running and gunning but realy what FPS in the last few years tried something different in terms of weaponhandling. No what realy makes Borderlands so different are the other coremechanics mainly the Rpg and randomized loot ones. Also the Humor is realy good can't remember any shooter in recent years that made me smile so much at certaint quests (or characters like Mr Torgue Flexington).

In basics if you like the Core FPS mechanics mixed with Diablos classsystem and randomized loot will find much enjoyment in BL and BL2 (as said some people have 400+ hours in the game and i myself have about 140+) but if you want something innovative in FPS form well i say you have to wait till the big mainstream shooters die out so that the oldschool ones can rise again. Alternative you might wanna try the Serious Sam series its also an FPS but fast, crazy and fun as hell

My worst moments in video games vary if they are multiplayer or singleplayer.

So I'll cover both.

Multiplayer:
Getting one shotted (I'm looking at you, War Thunder)

Not being able to host your own server/lobby without third party programs or doing advanced stuff.(Damn you, source games*) (*not including L4D)

When a thing is OP and everyone uses it 

Pay2Win (99% of all MMO:s and a few normal games)

Having to pay real money/having to be a specific level to use comsetics (MMO:s again and GTA IV*)  (why do I have to be level 59 to use a red checkerd shirt, but only level 4 to use a blue on?)

Singleplayer:

Not being able to save when you feel like it (most games)

When the FOV makes it feel like you're using binoculars (Most AAA FPS games)

DLC that's more than 20% of the original price for the game. (EA)

When your favourite weapon sucks only because you went further into the game.

That's all I can think of.... 

Activision once made a game with a storyline where an entire continent teams up to steal a death lazer from a certain country in order to blow it up, and all the main characters are the generic FPS shooty-person archetype even though it's advertised as a frEAKING STEALTH THEMED GAME!1!1!!!1

*Hides in room with copy of Little Inferno and The Stanley Parable*

*cries*

Activision once made a game with a storyline where an entire continent teams up to steal a death lazer from a certain country in order to blow it up, and all the main characters are the generic FPS shooty-person archetype even though it's advertised as a frEAKING STEALTH THEMED GAME!1!1!!!1

*Hides in room with copy of Little Inferno and The Stanley Parable*

*cries*

Activision made CoD games, right?

Why are they still in business.... :3

Archived