Let's be productive

JoeW

There's a problem I've seen with the ignore system that I don't think I've seen mentioned yet. It seems like some people are often preoccupied with whether or not they are on someone else's ignore list. Y'know, asking something like 'Oh no, am I on Soandso's ignore list?' As far as I'm aware, the ignore list isn't meant to be some sort of direct punishment for behaving in a way other members don't like. It's supposed to be a way for people to easily avoid members they don't like. And of course, if people see the ignore system as a form of punishment, then they may be less likely to use it themselves.

There's a problem I've seen with the ignore system that I don't think I've seen mentioned yet. It seems like some people are often preoccupied with whether or not they are on someone else's ignore list. Y'know, asking something like 'Oh no, am I on Soandso's ignore list?' As far as I'm aware, the ignore list isn't meant to be some sort of direct punishment for behaving in a way other members don't like. It's supposed to be a way for people to easily avoid members they don't like. And of course, if people see the ignore system as a form of punishment, then they may be less likely to use it themselves.

If you're ignored, it's not punishment, sure, but it means someone wishes you didn't post. Some don't care, some really really do. Often, people go out of their way to let people know that they're on their ignore list. I now find that stupid because it's more about public shaming than it is about actually ignoring them. 

Anyway, the ideal ignore system for me would be to ignore someone and forget I ever ignored them. same with threads. The way it is now, I still see posts and am still finding myself clicking on who I've ignored.

Archived