Juicy Mappy Goodness

Alia

I'm wondering how long it'll be before Kevin gets really evil and makes it so that you have to craft a Map with Papyrus in order to have one.

It might not be the best idea to start off new players on the default world mapless (in Seattle), but I do think that it would make for an interesting way to make some of the advanced worlds harder: no map to start with, go forth, find a swamp, and survive long enough to amass a dozen Reeds!

Making it linear and easier to traverse will be interesting to try out - transitions might be a little more difficult however.

I have heard of winter and the idea of different climates affecting survival - what if this kind of design was integrated alongside vast areas of harsh/barren terrain? Have them be the barrier between the starting area and new areas of the map that are harder to survive.

It would give people something to do once they've either exhausted materials or gotten bored - go on a journey to find the next set of lands. I guess it could increase exponentially until you can 'escape' the world...

Some random thoughts right there, but worth writing them out.

YES this is amazing, a brilliant addition! The generated map looks really beautiful and 'fluid'. Great stuff. And about the colors: I think the colors in the map are great. Even more: there could be some more color in the game, without losing the gothic cartoony feeling. Some lands are more gloomy, some more colorful (but not less dangerous ofcourse!)

Yay this game is becoming better and better!

Absolutely tantalizing!

I think I would miss the islands-connected-by-bridges theme a bit though. I know not all maps spawn like that currently, but it gives me the impression that Wilson is just a test-subject in Maxwell's artificially contrived prison. As in, some evil force that is watching us made the land mass long ago, sort of a pocket prison dimension.