The Klei Entertainment Forums Wiki

GreenWyvern

All it takes is a click right here: http://klei-forums.wikia.com/wiki/Klei_Forums_Wiki

The forums have come a long way. I wanted a place to keep all the memories of members, topics and events of the past, and I sure wasn't going to leave this forum without sharing it. I started making a basic structure, but much is missing from this wiki, so many members, so many threads, and I want as much of it here as I can get. Feel free to edit existing pages, and create your own, but please read the following:

-General rules-

GRIEFING

- Any griefing, trolling or page-hurting jokes will result in a 60+ year ban. I know you may feel tempted to joke around, fool with the pages, but please don't, because I won't hesitate on applying a ban directly to your IP.

- If you see any of these kinds of edits, and you can fix them, please do. I'll notice every edit done, and if you help out, I'd be very grateful, and possibly even apply "Rollback" privileges [Administrators and Rollbacks are listed on the front page]

GENDERS

Only list the gender of someone if you have public proof of their gender, such as a DeviantART profile or a direct statement on the forums. Here is what you can put in the "sex" tab:

Male/Female [if the user has revealed their gender publicly]

Unknown [if the user has not revealed their gender publicly, and you don't have permission to do so]

Genderless [if the user requests their gender remains hidden, such as Raccoon_Superhero]

Please be sensitive of people's privacy. If the public source of information is a bit obscure, then it's better safe than sorry to get permission before making an edit.

BEHAVIOR

No vulgar, racist, sexist, discriminative, offensive or generally inappropriate language, actions or media. The worse the offense, the longer the ban. Anything illegal will be reported to the police.

- Creating/Editing pages -

Catagory: Members

[see http://klei-forums.wikia.com/wiki/Willette for a nice example]

When creating a page for a member, make sure to use this template in the "source" editor

(Insert image here)

{| border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" class="article-table" style="width: 300px; height: 100px;"
|-
|Username
|
|-
|Sex
|
|-
|Info
|
|-
|Title
|
|}

==General==

[Add Text Here]

==Threads==

[PLEASE ADD THREADS HERE]

To understand what to add under the "info" tab, see here:

Member [if the user is a "Member", "Junior Member" or "Senior Member", then add this to the info]

Moderator [if the user is a green-named moderator, or a gold-named moderator, then add this to the info. Do NOT add "Member"]

Administrator [if the user is a red-named administator, then add this to the info. Do NOT add "Member"]

Klei Staff [if the user has this banner, add this to the info]

Up & Away Mod Developer [if the user has this banner, add this to the info]

Don't Starve Beta Player [if the user has this banner, add this to the info]

Featured Artist [if the user has a badge of someone holding a pencil, add this to the info]

Don't Starve Modder [if the user has a badge of gears, add this to the info]

Tweet Chester Badge [if the user has a badge for tweeting #GoChesterGo, add this to the info]

Chester Founder [if the user has a badge for pledging $5 or more in the Chester Kickstarter, add this to the info]

Shadow Chester [if the user has a badge for pledging $150 or more for shadow chester in the Chester Kickstarter, add this to the info]

Snow Chester [if the user has a badge for pledging $150 or more for snow chester in the Chester Kickstarter, add this to the info]

Golden Chester Founder [if the user has a badge for pledging $220 or more in the Chester Kickstarter, add this to the info]

Also, make sure to add any special member titles to this list: http://klei-forums.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Titles_%28List%29

MAKE SURE THAT THE PICTURE YOU USE FOR SAID MEMBER HAS A WHITE BACKGROUND WHEN POSSIBLE. IF NEEDED, SUPPLY A SUITABLE IMAGE TO BE PHOTOSHOPPED.

Category: Threads

Please use this template when creating a page for a thread:

(Add image here)

{| border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" class="article-table" style="width: 300px; height: 100px;"
|Started By
|
|-
|Posted
|
|-
|Forum
|
|}

==General==

[Add text here]

===Links===

[Add links here]

For threads that are featured, such as "Some Art :D", please use an image of the featured art page. For other threads, use your best judgement.

Category: Forums

See here for an example: http://klei-forums.wikia.com/wiki/The_Off-Topic_Area

Other

Aside from these main three categories, use your best judgement for making any other types of pages.

-

-

-

I hope you enjoy, and thank you for everything! I'll be going to sleep, for now, and I'll check back on both this thread and the website when I'm back! I don't want to pressure you into helping make the wiki, I just want to leave it open to anyone who wants to help. Enjoy!

If there's not already, there should be a rule against making a page for yourself.

Why? If people want to know about other members, aren't those members themselves the best people to enter said data?

While I'm not saying they should say how important they are, it's still just an accurate data-entry thing otherwise. 

But until (we have an official (or thread-creator's) decision, I'll hold off on doing such and ask others do the same until such a decision one way or the other is made. 

But that's the thing with these kind of wiki's, anyone can edit them anytime, logged in or not. So really you can tell people to do something but it's only just that.

But, I don't know, this isn't my thing, we should wait for the man himself to awaken from slumber and lay down the law.

EDIT: OR DOES HE??? 

I'll help anyway I can!

[ 16:31, December 29, 2013 Vingw changed group membership for User:Peculiar Top Hat from (none) to rollback ]

Wonderful work! I mean, granted, you're practically the only one who, did anything, [Along with BarovSoap], but thank you very much!

If there's not already, there should be a rule against making a page for yourself.

If someone feels left out, they should be free to add themselves. I sure missed A LOT of members [The thing is, my old computer broke, I need to install and learn how to use Gimp for or something. Windows 8 comes with Photoshop ELEMENTS, and eeeeeewww, Elements is. Hm.

I was told to add myself by someone else, so, yeah XD

Why? If people want to know about other members, aren't those members themselves the best people to enter said data?

While I'm not saying they should say how important they are, it's still just an accurate data-entry thing otherwise. 

But until (we have an official (or thread-creator's) decision, I'll hold off on doing such and ask others do the same until such a decision one way or the other is made. 

Bananas in pajamas

How are you sure other people writing it is a good idea either? Aside from them doing checks, I'm pretty sure a "Vingw eats puppies" would be pretty bad while it lasts.

EDIT: Aaaand he now eats puppies.

Peculiar came in and saved the day, I applied a 69-year IP ban on whoever did that. Everyone is happy. BEsides maybe the person with the ban.

But that's the thing with these kind of wiki's, anyone can edit them anytime, logged in or not. So really you can tell people to do something but it's only just that.

But, I don't know, this isn't my thing, we should wait for the man himself to awaken from slumber and lay down the law.

EDIT: OR DOES HE??? 

Strict IP bans! I mean, I'm not against little jokes here and there, but, still... er... hm...

I hope this doesn't make me seems to much like an arse!

This is the best idea.

As I was making this topic, I was thinking "I should have added DS before posting this...". Yeah. So. Yeah XD

This is an idea.

As I was writing out the word "moderator", you're the first person who came to mind!

So, can you make a page about yourself or is that a no-no?

Go on, Hammington!

@DaverGamer

Nice Grammar fixes XD

@F3RR1S

Heh, wonderful little piece of text you put there!

Okay then! Away I go!

EDIT: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING TOO MUCH TECHNICAL STUFF OH GOD WHY AM I SO STUPID

Shhh, calm down... okay...

So, when you're creating a page, first, be sure to add your picture. Next, if you look near the top right of the page, there should be a "visual" tab and a "source" tab. Go to the source tab, and put in:

(INSERT PICTURE HERE)

|-
|Username
|
|-
|Sex
|
|-
|Info
|
|-
|Title
|
|}

==General==

[Add Text Here]

==Threads==

From there, I'll let you figure things out~

-

-

-

Also. side-note, I'll be out for a lot of the day. So, yeah. Thank all of you for everything!

@DaverGamer

Nice Grammar fixes XD

@F3RR1S

Heh, wonderful little piece of text you put there!

Shhh, calm down... okay...

So, when you're creating a page, first, be sure to add your picture. Next, if you look near the top right of the page, there should be a "visual" tab and a "source" tab. Go to the source tab, and put in:

(INSERT PICTURE HERE)

|-

|Username

|

|-

|Sex

|

|-

|Info

|

|-

|Title

|

|}

==General==

[Add Text Here]

==Threads==

From there, I'll let you figure things out~

-

-

-

Also. side-note, I'll be out for a lot of the day. So, yeah. Thank all of you for everything!

Do I delete the stuff that's already there in the source or just add this into it?

Archived