What's your favorite class(es) in Team Fortress 2

Rosten

... What servers do you play on? The ones I'm on people are stupidly paranoid about Spies, especially after a Spy dies because he tried to backstab a Soldier/Demoman right as they Rocket/Sticky Jumped. 

I just randomly play on any old server, people are hardly that spy paranoid, except on 2fort, i can't do crap as a spy on 2fort, :/

I also find that people aren't focused on spies nearly enough on king of the hill maps, those are generally where i get my backstabs in one life records :p

I just randomly play on any old server, people are hardly that spy paranoid, except on 2fort, i can't do crap as a spy on 2fort, :/

I also find that people aren't focused on spies nearly enough on king of the hill maps, those are generally where i get my backstabs in one life records :razz:

Some of my best Spy games have been on Viaduct. The hills and wooden outpost are fun playgrounds, and everyone's always rushing to the point so you rarely have more than one person on your tail (if anyone's chasing you down at all, that is).

Two words: Flying Demoman. 

If you haven't seen one of those guys, consider yourself lucky, because a Demoman who can launch himself across the map using just the charge and targe is a menace to everyone. 

And yes, I watched this guy take out Scouts and well... everything else, honestly. (tip: They used an Xbox controller so they could turn on dime. No one was safe.) 

attachicon.gif2013-12-11_00017.jpg

controllers would make it much easier. I used to be a flying demo (with a sticky jumper instead of a targe) but it got a bit repetitive

EDIT: anyone up for a game actually? I don't want to play starbound all day

I also find that people aren't focused on spies nearly enough on king of the hill maps, those are generally where i get my backstabs in one life records :razz:

Ah! I used to reg TF2Newbs #3 and #7 (both 24/7 Badwater) and because of one very good Spy that also regged there, people were quite diligent in Spychecking. It's kind of carried over since then. 

controllers would make it much easier. I used to be a flying demo (with a sticky jumper instead of a targe) but it got a bit repetitive

EDIT: anyone up for a game actually? I don't want to play starbound all day

PM me your Steam then. I play a lot of MVM though. 

Honestly I've started playing more Scout to get better at aiming faster. |: Not sure how well it's working seeing as TF2 has been stuttering a lot for me lately.

One trick you can use while playing scout is to to keep your crosshairs relatively still and then strafe to do the majority of your aiming. That allows you to move somewhat unpredictably without messing up your aim.

One trick you can use while playing scout is to to keep your crosshairs relatively still and then strafe to do the majority of your aiming. That allows you to move somewhat unpredictably without messing up your aim.

yeah but what if I get dropped on by one of those god damn ninja Tomislav Heavies? It is a very real threat. Do not underestimate ninja Heavies, seriously. 

Also, anyone else regularly play MVM? How about them giant crit rapid fire bowmen with uber medics? |:< 

yeah but what if I get dropped on by one of those god damn ninja Tomislav Heavies? It is a very real threat. Do not underestimate ninja Heavies, seriously. 

Also, anyone else regularly play MVM? How about them giant crit rapid fire bowmen with uber medics? |:< 

I'm not afraid of robots, I'm afraid of people joining Advanced/Expert Mann Up games and deciding they want to play solo. Think you're a good, patient person? Those situations are the ultimate test.

I use to think I was nice.

Heavy definitely needs some "fat ninja" gear.

You know whats funny? using peoples field of view against them, i could follow a heavy around all day standing right next to him undisguised, provided no one else saw me, and in the 3 seconds at the end of the round, backstab him, and he wouldn't have known a thing, its hilarious when people call you a hacker because they couldn't see you because you were slightly out of the left of their FOV. :p

I'm not afraid of robots, I'm afraid of people joining Advanced/Expert Mann Up games and deciding they want to play solo. Think you're a good, patient person? Those situations are the ultimate test.

I use to think I was nice.

Heavy definitely needs some "fat ninja" gear.

Votekick, it exists for a reason lmao. As challenging as it is, I personally can't stand the servers that have been modded to allow ten or twelve people. Part of the fun is the challenge. Stopped attempting Wave 666 after we discovered that a team containing a Soldier with every banner, a money Scout and an Engineer (sixth guy can do whatever) was all you needed.

If there are enough of them, it might be worth buying crit resistance. It's relatively cheap and can increase your ability to survive greatly. Of course, I've only really used it in Wave 666, sooo... I may have no idea what we're talking about here.

The Spy's ability to feign death, be invisible and instantly kill the unaware do appeal greatly to me. Sniper also has the ability to insta-kill, making it my second favourite.

I'd love to play the sniper, but i just dont have the accuracy with a mouse to do it, of course when im playing something like borderlands on the xbox just about every other shot i make is a headshot, but i can't do it on a mouse for some reason, which also happens to be why i dont use the ambassador, im thinking about switching to the diamondback, now that it gives crits on backstabs as well as saps

Thanks to you Blaze now I play more as a spy than as other classes, with all the other classes it was always very hard to defeat the medic and heavy combo, but with a spy i just go invisible, stay behind them disguised for a bit and then stab both of them when I have the chance, pyros can be annoying though.

( Just a question about those special items, do I have to buy them or I can play enough and get them, this still confuses me a bit.)

I'd love to play the sniper, but i just dont have the accuracy with a mouse to do it, of course when im playing something like borderlands on the xbox just about every other shot i make is a headshot, but i can't do it on a mouse for some reason, which also happens to be why i dont use the ambassador, im thinking about switching to the diamondback, now that it gives crits on backstabs as well as saps

it does take practice, especially when you are used to leading your shots deary me that took a long time to stop doing that its not the most fun habit to stop at all because it goes against your idea of what

should be happening

Its strange for me Im a decent sniper some days but other days I suck. I blame dyspraxia.

Thanks to you Blaze now I play more as a spy than as other classes, with all the other classes it was always very hard to defeat the medic and heavy combo, but with a spy i just go invisible, stay behind them disguised for a bit and then stab both of them when I have the chance, pyros can be annoying though.

( Just a question about those special items, do I have to buy them or I can play enough and get them, this still confuses me a bit.)

By special items, are you talking about the diamondback and ambassador? (or, the whole host of extra spy weapons) well, i believe the dead ringer, cloak and dagger, and ambassador you get from getting achievements, the others, (diamondback, eternal reward, spycicle) you get from either crafting, buying, or random drops, crafting is probably gonna be the best way to get them until you upgrade to a premium account and can just trade a scrap or two for them, but if you're trying to get them from drops, good luck, i've only ever gotten 1 spy item from drops, i dont know if its just my bad luck, but its still a pretty low chance to get what you want from a drop, anyways, good luck

Archived